collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: You know you're with the right man when...  (Read 7427 times)

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
Re: You know you're with the right man when...
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2012, 07:34:27 PM »
but sometimes I need him to fetch something from high up or open something I can't open

Ah yes, hubby is used to the sad pouty face and me holding out whatever bottle or jar I can't open. Scared the crap out of him one night - for some reason he had the water bottle (refilled pop bottle) wrapped in it's white grocery bag. Well I wanted a drink in the night, but he had the lid on so tight, so I had to wake him up.... he was only half awake and thought I was bringing in the bunny b/c something was wrong (bunny is also mainly white, and I had my usual sad face on for not opening in.... not good combo when hubby isn't awake). I really didn't mean to scare him!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2012, 09:36:06 PM »
When I got my wisdom teeth out my face was really numb, so much that I couldn't really talk or show facial expressions.  He brought me my meds and I smiled at him.  Well I tried to but apparently I just sat there.  So I took two fingers like a peace sign and lightly tapped them together.  His response "You are happy"

Later when the meds wore off I held up two fingers and curled them up a little like spider fangs. His response "You are angry/unhappy"

*Brings the meds*
Me *tap tap tap*
Him "And happy again. Your welcome." *kiss*
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2012, 09:39:30 PM »
Lol, so cute!
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

kmlv23

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2012, 09:53:08 PM »
I don't really have a mate but all my friends can decipher my cat/animal language that is usually meowing or making some sort of noise, accompanied by pointing and gestures. It's cute and touching that they actually try to understand. :)

Offline BridgetsMum

• Queen of Pink Bottoms!
  • Trade Count: (+210)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
    • http://julies.mlparena.com
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2012, 10:39:54 PM »
Nice when they can just read how you feel or what you want. We are only 9 months in but I can already read him. He often tickles or pins me down when I get quiet and he thinks I need a laugh. He's good at distracting me from my worries, etc. I think he can read me better than myself sometimes.
Line up for Arena Anniversary Spankies!

Offline Kiwi

• ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2012, 05:06:05 PM »
When I got my wisdom teeth out my face was really numb, so much that I couldn't really talk or show facial expressions.  He brought me my meds and I smiled at him.  Well I tried to but apparently I just sat there.  So I took two fingers like a peace sign and lightly tapped them together.  His response "You are happy"

Later when the meds wore off I held up two fingers and curled them up a little like spider fangs. His response "You are angry/unhappy"

*Brings the meds*
Me *tap tap tap*

Aww that's sweet.... mine just giggled at me for looking like a puffed up chipmunk :P

But he did go with my dad to the dentist's house (!) to get a new prescription of pain meds (I was out of the first ones, and the lighter T3s weren't touching my pain)

flyawayraven

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2012, 05:18:07 PM »
rofl My beloved and I communicate by meowing. I've also become very good at deciphering her speech when she's yawning or brushing her teeth.

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2012, 05:39:14 PM »

*Brings the meds*
Me *tap tap tap*

Aww that's sweet.... mine just giggled at me for looking like a puffed up chipmunk :P

But he did go with my dad to the dentist's house (!) to get a new prescription of pain meds (I was out of the first ones, and the lighter T3s weren't touching my pain)

Yea no one told me how puffy and awful it is.  I was floored for the better part of a week.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2012, 05:40:00 PM »
She can just say "you know..the thing" and I know what she means.

Also I changed her phone wallpaper to ponies and she refuses to change it :)
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Claro

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2012, 01:30:37 PM »
I swear it's like a psychopathic connection! Especially during zombie mode (this is what we've started calling the hour after I wake up). He knows when I need coffee/glasses/or am stuck in the duvet. :) It's like magic!

Offline Bunny-san

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ponydex.com
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2012, 05:15:15 PM »
I swear it's like a psychopathic connection! Especially during zombie mode (this is what we've started calling the hour after I wake up). He knows when I need coffee/glasses/or am stuck in the duvet. :) It's like magic!
We call it our telepathetic connetion :silly: He's particularly good at locating my glasses. Either he finds them or I walk around blind all day. One of these days I'm going to have to get lasik. Also, I'm convinced some mornings  the bed will have eaten me and not let me go had he not pulled me out of it. Ah men. They save our days...

Thank you artists for my siggys!

Offline Kiwi

• ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2012, 06:59:15 PM »
LOL mine has had to unwrap me from the blankets on a few occasions - if I'm cold I tend to "cocoon" myself (as he puts it), and sometimes I can't get out.... but I'm certainly warm :P

Offline SailorEarth

• Xena: Warrior Pony
  • Trade Count: (+165)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I have many skills
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cosplaycassie.com
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2012, 07:29:51 PM »
We have a little code that's all our own, lol. We get a lot of it from our animals. One of our cats will make a little "tsk" sound when she determines that something isn't to her liking. The guinea pig squeals when he gets excited...little things like that. Other people must think we're nuts when they hear us "wiiiiiiii" or "tsk"  :lol: We also made up voices for our pets and they all have their little catchphrases and idiosyncrasies. We communicate in movie quotes a lot also, "inconceivable!", "it's a trap!" and that sort of thing. We definetely have the gesture and unintelligible grunt thing going on too. I can get tongue tied and be trying to reference something very specific that didn't have anything to do with what we may have been talking about earlier but somehow he always knows exactly what I'm trying to say. It just sounds silly typing it all out but it's kind of like our secret language  ^.^

Wish List~Pony Sales
Thanks Lina & Rainbowjuice for my adoptables!

Offline Sea_Breeze

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2012, 12:59:24 AM »
Haha...! I 'talk' to my husband around my toothbrush sort of with my arms and he usually gets whatever I'm trying to say!

I used to get told off for talking with my toothbrush in, now he does it too.. hahah and for the record he's pretty good at toothbrush speak now
Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears - anonymous

Offline Rad

• Radical Rad
  • Trade Count: (+45)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
    • Radical Creations
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2012, 04:56:44 AM »
Haha...! I 'talk' to my husband around my toothbrush sort of with my arms and he usually gets whatever I'm trying to say!

I used to get told off for talking with my toothbrush in, now he does it too.. hahah and for the record he's pretty good at toothbrush speak now

My long-time college roommate and I had one very important rule that I mostly carried over into our marriage: Don't talk to me while I'm on the toilet or brushing my teeth!! XD He still does, he's just learned to come into the bathroom so that we can both hear each other better. :)
Poo on you Photobucket!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal