collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: So, blind bags...does everyone want them?  (Read 17322 times)

Offline gazzy90

• Trade Count: (+97)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
So, blind bags...does everyone want them?
« on: January 29, 2012, 03:26:23 AM »
Cos I didn't, not at first anyway....
I didn't want mini pony figures with molded hair, that's not regural ponies!

But now I see them everywhere on here and everyone is so excited about them...so maybe I should get some too? But I'm thinking that if I get a couple then I'll want more, grrr! And it's not like they're available in stores here, at least not yet anyway. So it's gonna cost me a fortune to buy them from overseas....

I'm also thinking that I should only get the ones that haven't been released as brushable ponies (G4s or even G3s). And none of the main 6 or boy ponies (I don't like those). But still, that's A LOT OF MINI PLASTIC FIGURES I DON'T REALLY NEED!!!  :think:

So how do all of you feel about blind bags??

Offline bladed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Gotta hit some wasabi mayo to settle the nerves.
    • View Profile
Re: So, blind bags...does everyone want them?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 03:40:54 AM »
They're good for carrying when you don't have enough room for a regular!
But I buy them because.. They're cute.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

lishe

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 03:53:20 AM »
I would say only buy those you really want! I'm only looking for some myself - those that add to an army (Minty!) and some other ones I like the colours of. :D

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 03:54:49 AM »
I love the blind bags^^ They're nice and small so I can still fit a lot of ponies onto my crowded desk. Plus I'm getting to get a lot of characters for a much cheaper price than the regular singles. It's also so fun to wonder what pony is going to be inside as you open it. Before anyone links me to the blind bag index again, I looked all over the bags I got tonight for a number and didn't find one. =p That's ok though. The surprise is part of the fun for me.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 03:59:30 AM »

I love blind bags! Owning all of the G4 blind bags is my biggest collecting grail.

I'm a photographer and a doll collector who comes from a very windy place, so when I got into FiM I wanted to stay away from ponies with hair. That stuff is so annoying! Always blowing around and getting in the way during photos. So I got the molded hair giftset and the blind bag four pack. I was in love! Well, aside from Hasbroken's shoddy quality on the blind bags (my uncle, who bought the pack for me, definitely overpaid. . .4 for $20 >.<). But yeah, now that blind bags are in the US I'm so happy. :D I want to have them all, but since I barely have any money I'm only buying the ones I must have.

But if you don't like them, why on earth would you buy them? Especially with expensive overseas shipping. That sounds like a huge waste of money imo. If you don't want them, don't buy them. Just because they're popular or other people like them doesn't mean you must have them. Be an individual not a sheeple. :)

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 04:00:31 AM »
I adore them! I much prefer them to the normal sized ones actually. I only have five normal sized G4 (Twilight Sparkle, Blossomforth, Applejack with her barn, Rainbow Dash and Rainbow Flash), but I have every single one of the first three waves of blind bags, plus the TRU set. I think they're awesome! The size does help with space, but they're also something really cute about them.

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline BeefyDia

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 04:09:41 AM »
For me, the blind bags have always reminded me of Ponyville ponies, except the Ponyville ponies seem more nicely made... So as you can tell, I didn't really fancy them. Also, I wish they came in more poses ><

But well I guess I don't mind having a few, if I could find them around, that is!

Offline Scraleos

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 04:18:06 AM »
I LOVE BLIND BAGS. I love all the different ponies, and the fact that they're not all pink, but nice colours like brown, yellow, blue, and green! Not to mention boys and Lyra! Also Carrot Top and Berry Punch as a unicorn!

Trade | Wanted | Pony Plushies

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2012, 04:40:53 AM »
I don't get the hype about them either Gazzy, I thought I was the only one! I didn't like Ponyville and I don't like these...

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 04:43:42 AM »
I love them...I love the variety...

I dont collect G4 anywhere near as obsessively as I collect G1 and I dont expect the G4  brushables to be as varied as G1 enjoyed - therefore my "need" for lots of different characters can be expressed by collecting blind bags!!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline gazzy90

• Trade Count: (+97)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2012, 05:08:54 AM »

But if you don't like them, why on earth would you buy them? Especially with expensive overseas shipping. That sounds like a huge waste of money imo. If you don't want them, don't buy them. Just because they're popular or other people like them doesn't mean you must have them. Be an individual not a sheeple. :)

You got me wrong there. It's not that I don't like them. I thought they were cute since the very beginning. I just wanted to stay on my collecting of regular brushable ponies. These mini ones confuse me, I don't know how to display them...I don't want them with my bigger ponies, but I don't have a seperate place for them.
So I thought "nah, I don't need them". But now I keep seeing them everywhere and I'm thinking maybe I should get them after all!

I would say only buy those you really want! I'm only looking for some myself - those that add to an army (Minty!) and some other ones I like the colours of. :D

That's what I'm trying to do...but I tend to get a bit "gotta catch em all" so I'm afraid I might end up hunting them all down, lol!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 05:11:29 AM by gazzy90 »

Offline TickledPink

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2012, 05:15:11 AM »
Oh man I am obsessed over these little guys. The thrill of the hunt PLUS getting to see new characters!!!! It's like when I was a little girl all over again X3
The weirdo formally known as ImmortalPanda

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2012, 06:29:56 AM »
I absolutely love the blind bags. There are so many designs and unlike the full sized ones, there's a large variety of colors, not just pink. I also love the tiny size since I can have room for more of them. Right now, I'm actually not trying to collect them all. I'm just picking the ones I like, but unfortunately, I like a lot of them. Like in the first wave, the only ones I don't want in my collection are Cherry Spices, Firecracker Burst, and Lucky Swirl. And I technically have those three, but they're in my trade box.

Offline Varkolak

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2012, 06:34:16 AM »
at first i only wanted the applejack ones for my AJ army, then my partner from a swap got me an applejack blind bag and that sealed the deal. i wanted more!! XD they're so cute and i can take them with me without worrying about ruining their hair. and they'd fit in my pocket better for when i'm at work. my thoughts are, get a set to collect, and get a few extras that i can carry around with me.

Offline TheGreatSpid

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2012, 06:41:14 AM »
I don't get the hype about them either Gazzy, I thought I was the only one! I didn't like Ponyville and I don't like these...

:raises hand: I'm not crazy about them either (nor was I for the ponyville) I love the hole blind bag theme, but the lack of poses really dissapoints me (every time I see a figure in the rarity pose, I can only see rarity!). Now dont get me wrong, I do think they are cute, and I absoloutely love small figures, but for whatever reason I'm just not digging these little dudes. Since they are cute, I decided to go and get a few, thinking it would change my mind (I tend to have that "gotta collect them all" complex as well) and was lucky enough to snag the sparkely ones (the ones I really wanted the most) and Flower wishes, and I'm still not crazy about them.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal