collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Wondering what to do about shipping items  (Read 2094 times)

Offline bewilderness

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Wondering what to do about shipping items
« on: January 29, 2012, 01:04:32 AM »
Last week I had someone buy some stuff from me.  I sent a pm back, checking to make sure that the address listed on Paypal was the correct one (there's been a couple of times in the past where people haven't updated their Paypal info and the address was not right--I was very glad then that I checked before shipping out, so I always like to check now).  I didn't hear anything back from her.  I sent another pm a couple of days ago and still haven't heard anything back.

So now I'm wondering if I should continue to wait, or just go ahead and ship with the address given by Paypal or if I should issue a refund (and possibly be out the paypal fees--I'm not sure how that works as I've not issued a refund before.)  Any advice?

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Wondering what to do about shipping items
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 11:10:46 AM »
I would say that it's the buyer's responsibility to check that their address is correct with PayPal and send the items.

That said, if you have the email address from the transaction you could try that first. :)

ETA - have your PM's been read/has the person been online since they were sent? If you post who it is, somebody here might be able to get through on Facebook or by phone.

Offline Rad

• Radical Rad
  • Trade Count: (+45)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
    • Radical Creations
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 11:39:41 AM »
You could send them a PM with an ultimatum: something along the lines of
"Hi. I'm double-checking that your address listed on Paypal is correct. I've had times in the past where it isn't updated and I've mailed packages to the wrong address. I'd like to avoid this situation with our transaction. Paypal lists your address as XYZ. Please confirm that this is the correct address by (date). If you confirm your address by then, great! I'll mail your items. However, if you don't confirm your address by then, I won't ship out the items and I will issue a full refund."

I think its great that you're thinking ahead and being concerned about the correct address instead of run-around and twice-shipping payments. I know myself in the past if I think the transaction is at a point that I think its fine and I'll be away from the internet for a few days I just won't think about it until the package shows up. (I usually let the other person know though... Y'know, common courtesy and all that.)

And as DaffyDilly said, have they been on since you've contacted them? Are they flat out ignoring you? I kind of agree with DaffyDilly too, it's the buyer's responsibility to make sure their Paypal address is correct... You're being very kind and polite and considerate to do so, but don't go so far in being polite that you cause yourself a headache.

Good luck!
Poo on you Photobucket!

Offline bewilderness

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 01:04:31 PM »
Thanks guys!  She did contact me today.  Yay!  I don't know why I didn't think about emailing her though.  *facehoof* 

Offline Rad

• Radical Rad
  • Trade Count: (+45)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
    • Radical Creations
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 01:42:28 PM »
Glad she got back to you!!
Poo on you Photobucket!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 06:56:23 PM »
Yay!  I'm glad to hear she contacted you now  :cheer:   
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal