collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Destroyed dollies  (Read 4680 times)

Offline Tilas

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Shilo.ca
Destroyed dollies
« on: January 28, 2012, 08:36:18 PM »
Small rant here, and I thought maybe this should be in WYP but it's more about dolls so I put it here but move it if need be. ^_^; ....anyways, last night my family and I were upstairs playing monopoly, and when I came back down to my room, I found my dog Nona had destroyed THREE of my mini pullips! My Little Pink Alice, Moon, and Aggonya! And of course, she couldn't go after their bodies, noooo she ate their heads. -_-; Alice was on an Obitsu, and she was the least one harmed so I can repair her... but Aggy and Moon are a total loss *SIGHS*. Their costumes are ok, but the pullip heads are chewed to bits. I was so upset I wanted to cry..... now I'm just a little annoyed. My fault I guess, I shouldn't have left the door to my room open.  But I didn't think she'd take them right out of the dollhouse. >.>; I'm just glad that she didn't eat the BIG pullips... then I WOULD have been in tears. Tomorrow I'm moving all of my dollhouses n things to my new art room though, so she won't be able to get to them again... unless I'm an idiot and leave the door open again. -_-;

*sighs* Has anyone else ever lost a doll to a pet? Please tell me I'm not alone here. >.>

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
Re: Destroyed dollies
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 08:41:47 PM »
awwww *hugs*  I've never lost an entire doll to a pet, but my dog DID chew the foot off of my fave Tae once...took me forever to find a replacement foot for him.   And I caught my cat nomming on one of my Draculauras' hands the other day, but luckily I caught her before much damage was done.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline ember86

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • A very picky little pony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 08:42:04 PM »
I have, my old dog Fred , a bloodhound (No longer with us) ate the head of one of my Skipper dolls, she was from the 90's with the anime looking eyes.
  Thank you Scraleos for my sig! Thank you MLPmintchocolatechip for my a avatar  Have a very pony day [you]
My etsy shop

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 08:27:10 AM »
Awww, I'm sorry Tilas. :(

I can sympathise. When one of my cats, Noisy, was a kitten he climbed to one of my top shelves and knocked over a $100 comic book statue, breaking the hands of the character off, and then proceeded to chew up the head of a somewhat rare variant action figure that I had been happy to find for dirt cheap in perfect condition.

Last year, thinking he was past his "destructor-mode", he also decided to chew the snakes off of my Monster High Deuce doll when I was taking the dolls down to dust. Noisy was sleeping on my bed and I turned my back to him for all of 30 seconds when he must have made a beeline for the dolls. I turned around to see him mindlessly nomming it like he was in a trance. 

Offline Bunny-san

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ponydex.com
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 11:07:03 AM »
Oh. My. Gosh. I think I'd spank the poop outta that dog. Figuratively. Not literally..Maybe. UGH. I'm so sorry to hear about that. I know how you feel, losing a special item to a dog. I lost my beloved near mint chilldhood Wind Whistler to my Cardigan Welsh Corgi. I chased him around the apartment with the chewed remains shouting and crying "THIS IS NOT A CHEW TOY! NOT! NOT!" After the experience he ne'er went near my ponies again :P

Thank you artists for my siggys!

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 11:30:52 AM »
oh no!! how sad :< I think i would cry!
why do they go after the face?! I'm so sorry! poor dollies.

Offline FairyDust

• Professor Snape Pony
  • Trade Count: (+47)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 11:36:41 AM »
Sorry to hear about all your doll and toy losses. :(

Collector of Jem and the Holograms, MLP, Kitty Kitty Kittens, and of course Totsy ponies.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 12:50:15 PM »
How are the eyes? Did they at least make it?
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline MacabreDarling

• Trade Count: (+119)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://macabredarling.deviantart.com/
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2012, 04:16:29 PM »
I lost a forty dollar pony to my puppy once because my ex left the bedroom door open and knocked a pony off and didn't pick it up...dogs can't tell the difference between their toys and ours lol. It is frustrating but it's definately a lesson well learned XD
 Thank you tinrobo!

Offline Tilas

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Shilo.ca
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 10:05:16 PM »
How are the eyes? Did they at least make it?

Nope, she even managed to poke out the eyeballs with her fangs. >.>;

creampuf

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2012, 07:36:25 AM »
Every year for X-Mas I make my mom a very special MLP custom...her newest kitty just had to play with her. Messed up the hair, smashed the crown and chewed up her back leg.

My mom was devastated =(

I think my dog knows better than to touch mommy's toys...then again he's a little scared of me. But my toddler...oh heck no! which is why he has is own GB MH dolls to break (which he hasn't done that yet...so far so good *knocking on wood*).

SuniMoon

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2012, 12:39:05 PM »
OMG, poor Pullips. D:
That would suck so much, I'm sorry. ):

Well, my cats tend to destroy things like furniture and electronics...
My rats, on the other hand, will nibble on anything in their path, so I reeeeaaaaaally have to clean up my stuff before I let them run around. They've nibbled on pony ears before, and almost got at my dolls.

Nesferxty

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2012, 03:12:04 AM »
Oh no thats awful :( All my collectors stuff is kept under lock and key so noone can get in there but once my cat did eat my lunch for work when I turned my back for 2 seconds...one minute it was there, i turn round to get the lid and it was gone and Deuce was just sitting there looking with the 'it wasn't me eyes'!

Offline Dandy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • lumpy
    • View Profile
    • my tumblr
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2012, 10:40:21 AM »
omg you poor thing, I would have been DEVASTATED. D:

I used to own a cat, he would love to relax on my clothes and sometimes he'd knock my ponies over, but he was generally pretty well behaved. Though I think it was because he was so darn old.
formerly "Jevsy" (prior to April 2017)

Offline WickedWonderland

• Trade Count: (+215)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Okie Dokie Lokie
    • View Profile
    • Flickr - Pony Sales
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2012, 01:23:12 PM »
Awww poor little things. :(

I haven't ever had a doll ruined, but one of my cats LOVES to chew up ponies. For some reason he really likes the magnets in the G3s feet. One time I had just gotten a mint Marshmallow Coco in the mail and I had her sitting on the table and left the room for a minute to get something and when I came back he had already gotten her.
  :sad:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal