collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I am such an idiot. - SOLVED!  (Read 1570 times)

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
I am such an idiot. - SOLVED!
« on: January 28, 2012, 08:41:35 AM »
All solved!  Today Princess Celestia I learned that you should always notice and inspect things when they arrive in the mail and cherish every piece.

I bought a pony from a user here who shipped her relatively quickly. My fiance gave me the package one day after she picked me up from work.  I opened the bubble envelope, and pulled out a bubble-wrapped pony. I saw that is was purplish and had a button.  I figured it was my pony I ordered.  I went on to the next package, the Princess Peppermint I got from another user  then I ran a bunch of errands, threw the bubble wrapped pony in its bubble envie in my shopping bags of shampoo and extra cleaning stuff, threw that stuff in my office/storage room (which has very little and is cold and dark, so I don't go in there in the winter right now) and put the pony in her package on the desk.   I've been sick lately and working extra so I forgot about her.
I sent the user a message thanking her for the pony. Flash forward to last night, I'm looking for more cleaning stuff, get out the envelope and decide to set up some of my recent purchases on the shelf.It's the wrong pony.  The user sent the wrong pony and I didn't notice and now I feel like an absolute idiot.The user who sent is really nice and I sent her a message asking if maybe she was mistaken, meant to send it to somebody else. .... And I feel like it looks like I'm trying to pull a bait-and-switch here, but I'm not. I have perfect ebay feedback and on here and the trading post.  And since I'm pretty public online with my real name, etc, I wouldn't want to run any type of scam or cheat somebody because I'm in a variety of communities and that could hurt my reputation.What should I do?  :blush:
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 09:42:12 AM by StoryDreamer »
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline Varkolak

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic <3
    • View Profile
Re: I am such an idiot.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 08:58:21 AM »
i think if you explain to them the situation, the best you could hope for is that they understand what happened and are willing to fix the problem. just stay nice about it and i'm sure they'll believe you.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline emery

• Dr. Quinn, Medicine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+488)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • emery's emporium - My Little Ponies & other toys for sale
Re: I am such an idiot.
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 09:55:04 AM »
How long has it been since you originally received the pony? Do you have your PMs and such saved so that you can confirm which one you actually ordered? Was the pony you received shown in the sales thread?

I know looking at it from a seller standpoint it would seem a bit fishy that you had written and said thanks for the pony but not mentioned it being the wrong one and then weeks or months later said that you didn't get the correct pony that you ordered.

Depending on what pony you ordered it could be long gone by now or it's a possibility that 2 packages just got swapped and someone else received your pony and maybe they have already written and tried to deal with the situation. You might check and see if they have any Trader Support messages about it (probably on the old Arena).

If it has been months rather than just a couple weeks I would resign yourself to the fact that you will probably need to keep the pony you received. It's obviously not good if the seller sent the wrong pony and that should have been checked before it was sent but you also needed to check things on your end when you received it because since you already thanked the seller for the pony they have no idea that anything was wrong since they think you are pleased with your purchase.

If it's only been a couple weeks that's another story and maybe your pony is still around?

I would say write to the seller either way and maybe there is a possibility that you could get the original pony you wanted but the longer amount of time that has passed since you received your order I would be less apt to request any type of refund or anything like that.
My Little Ponies and other toys for sale on....
Facebook @EmerysVintageEmporium
Instagram @emerys_emporium

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Re: I am such an idiot. - SOLVED!
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 06:48:37 PM »
I'm glad to hear you got it solved now :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal