collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My little pony friendship is magic MAGAZINE  (Read 14557 times)

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: My little pony friendship is magic MAGAZINE
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2012, 12:19:56 PM »
I'm tempted...I bought the first 2, but meh I was so disappointed with the first issue. The sudoku didn't even work and there were tons of typos, spelling and grammar mistakes and naming inconsistencies. Drove me mad! Think I must have missed the 3rd issue so maybe I'll stop buying them now xP They're pretty expensive since you could buy a REAL magazine wat cheaper!

Hmm the link stopped working.
Haha, I've noticed a ton of UK magazines that, for some reason, have difficulty spell checking.

MLP, Disney Magazine, Annuals (at least the Pokemon one had multiple spellings of 'Pikachu' everywhere)... It's quite alarming that they warrant such a high price for such poor quality :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline butterflybuttons

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Feeling the G2 love
    • View Profile
    • My outdated DA
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2012, 12:32:33 PM »
Those are cute!

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2012, 01:11:43 PM »
I dont understand what people mean by low quality when they talk about these magazines, to me they are about like any other I see, except about mlp!
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2012, 01:19:23 PM »
I dont understand what people mean by low quality when they talk about these magazines, to me they are about like any other I see, except about mlp!

I think its just when I compare the content and quality to other magazines in the same market and magazines in "days gone by" these feel a little thrown together.

I am not saying they are now something people will enjoy just that for the retail price what you get doesnt seem to equate thats all. But thats just my opinion!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2012, 02:23:37 PM »
Probably cause the content is outsourced?
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

sweet_witch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2012, 02:45:40 PM »
Cute magazine, it kind of reminds me of when I use to be a subscribe to Nakayoshi, a Japanese manga magazine, in order to get the freebies it came with. What can I say I'm a sucker for small, cute, girlie things.

I don't think I'll get the My Little Pony magazine though, as it doesn't look like it will have a lot of content and the freebies don't seem worth it. Now if it came with things like pencil cases, pens/pencils, make-up bags, flip-flops, etc. like Nakayoshi did I would subscribe in a heart beat.  :P

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2012, 03:10:00 PM »
Now if it came with things like pencil cases, pens/pencils, make-up bags, flip-flops, etc. like Nakayoshi did I would subscribe in a heart beat.

They used to. Now they come with plastic cell phones

Always looking for MLP erasers

Offline Lyra

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2012, 10:39:46 AM »
I bought one today...wow the printing is not aligned properly on many of the pages! 0_0

There was a pink plastic winged 'guitar' with Celestia on it.
Pull-out Celestia poster
Pinkie Pies heart-shaped cookies recipie
Cut-out valentine cards with each of the mane 6 (cute!)
Cut-out square foldy game thingy (don't know what it is called)  We used to make them at school lol
Colouring-in
Several pages of puzzles, spot all the bunnies, find things in Twilights library, code break what the birds are saying to Fluttershy, match each sillohuette to each character
8 page story
Learn to draw Rainbow Dash
Drawing competition for free Rarity carriage
Send in your fanart (cute)

It's quite good for kids actually (to use), but wow as a collectors item the EXTREMELY bad alignment problem with the printing really annoyed me. It was especially annoying as it affected one page of the cut-out valentine cards and the cut-out game (the poster was ok at least) so maybe even for children's use it would be annoying (wonky printed cards?) What a shame
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 10:50:00 AM by Lyra »
Lyra Silvertongue - not Heartstrings!

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2012, 10:44:41 AM »
Cute magazine, it kind of reminds me of when I use to be a subscribe to Nakayoshi, a Japanese manga magazine, in order to get the freebies it came with. What can I say I'm a sucker for small, cute, girlie things.

I don't think I'll get the My Little Pony magazine though, as it doesn't look like it will have a lot of content and the freebies don't seem worth it. Now if it came with things like pencil cases, pens/pencils, make-up bags, flip-flops, etc. like Nakayoshi did I would subscribe in a heart beat.  :P
Oh gosh, Japan have the best freebies, IMHO. Whenever I visit Japan there's just so many different magazines I want to take home with me mainly for the high quality freebies, but they'd weigh my suitcase down too much!  :yikes:

I'd love to see a high quality FiM strap for my phone in a future issue, still.

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2012, 04:06:55 PM »
I have not had any problems with any of the mlp magazines I have bought so far, It is a small company that prints them ,so I am sure they all can not be perfect, I do love to read them.
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2012, 04:50:27 PM »
Germany has magazines as well, I am not sure whether they are the same ones or not. But Wow, I could not even justify spending money on them. The toy looks totally useless, the paper is horrible, and the stories and drawings are just filling paper. Nothing special at all. And thet want like over 2 EUR for one if I remember correctly. I am going to stick to completing my G1 magazine collection. 

Offline littlexflitter

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sparklesugar.com/
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2012, 08:45:22 AM »
I think these are pretty cute, but I don't need a subscription myself~ When it was still G3 based my stepfather occasionally brought these back with him from business trips. I think it sounds like the quality is still the same, and I know they're not something I'd really do much with. That said, it's still neat that there's a magazine. If I were a child I'd be super excited to get these in the mail and do the activities.

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2012, 10:21:27 AM »
It is pretty cute.

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2012, 12:39:28 PM »
I wonder how many of each issue they print?

Offline babymoondust

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2012, 08:15:04 AM »
I've caved in and bought me one of these! They were selling a lot at my local Tesco.
I will take pictures and also do a video review for you guys who want to see everything inside, etc!

If anyone has any questions about stuff about the magazine you'd like to see included, any details about it you want covered, lemme know! x

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal