collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My MH Doll Saga today!!!!  (Read 3070 times)

Offline 4Lindy

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
My MH Doll Saga today!!!!
« on: January 27, 2012, 08:30:30 AM »
Hi Everyone! You can't believe my doll day today!  Up at 7:30 to see if my Target got Operetta and Nefera in the new shipment they were supposed to get today.  No new stock - strike out!  Damn I can't find those 2 anywhere, and I've been calling Targets in my area for 2 weeks!!!!!  I'm so frustrated!!!!

Then onto Walmart to look for Cupid..........Walmart #1, no luck

Walmart #2 - no luck, but stop and ask at customer service and they tell me that Walmart #1 (yes the one we were just at, is supposed to have her)!

Call Walmart #1, and Thank the Lord they transfer me to a lady who knows what she is talking about!  She says I will go look for you, comes back and says yes, I have her, she was in the back in the overstock area. So no she was not out on the shelves at all, and we were just damn lucky that we got the one person in Walmart who probably knows there even is a MH Overstock area in the stock room.   She agrees to hold her and we go BACK to the Walmart asap!  We get there, and manage to find the lady, and she hands us Cupid!  As we get her in our hands, my 9 year old is practically in tears she's so happy.  We go back to the MH area, and meet a lady with an infant, and she is looking on the shelves desperately and looking at Linden holding Cupid and looking at the shelves.  I ask her what she is looking for, and she says Cupid for my daughter for Valentine's.  So I take her to the lady who helped us and she says she has 1 more in the back, and gets it for this woman, at which point she practically bursts into tears saying she just had surgery yesterday, she's got a new baby, and she has been trying and trying to get Cupid!  So I was happy she got her!  THEN, I ask the only awesome Walmart lady I've ever found in my area if she knows anything about getting Operetta and Nefera, cause we are still desperately searching for her, and as we're asking her, there's another lady that I saw in the MH aisle just before we met the lady with the baby, and she is now looking at Linden and Cupid!  SHE is desperately looking for Cupid too!  But she is one person too late, they only had the 2 in the back!  So in the space of 5 minutes there were 3 of us in one Walmart trying to get this doll!!!!  The awesome Walmart lady told us that she purposely did not put them all out on the shelves because she sees scalpers come in and scoop the entire shelf ALL THE TIME....and then if they don't sell the stuff on ebay within 90 days, they just return it all.  So she said she keeps them and puts them out 1 at a time, or waits until people ask for them so people can't grab them all!  She said she just wants kids to be able to get the dolls that they are wanting - at which point she gave Linden a huge hug because Linden had been thanking her and thanking her for helping us get Cupid! 

Now I just need some luck getting Operetta and Nefera!!!!  But I am so happy we were able to help at least 1 lady get Cupid as well as ourselves!!!!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Huge Thanks to Alrak, SourdoughStomper and Mari for my Super Sweetie Siggy\'s!

Offline Jadis4742

• Trade Count: (+124)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • All the shy pose ponies, please!
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Nerdy
Re: My MH Doll Saga today!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 08:47:40 AM »
What a great lady! I wish all store employees were so caring. I'm so glad you got Cupid for your daughter!

EmoKuu

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 09:02:01 AM »
Awe, that's so heartwarming! Congratulations on getting the doll and for finding a nice caring store employee!

Monsterelli

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 09:12:35 AM »
Congrats on getting cupid and goodluck with getting the others :) That is really neat that she tries to keep the dolls out of scalpers hands - makes me think I need to grow a pair and talk to the workers there.. I'm shy.  :blush: haha
I actually printed out a paper that has the dolls on it I want with the UPC #'s. I keep it in my purse so I can ask a worker if they have them, but I've been too scared too. Maybe I have a nice lady who is keeping them safe in the back too hehe.

Offline PrincessNikki

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • dressed like a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 11:45:23 AM »
Like I said.....A one per customer rule would help greatly. There is no reason not to do that. Nobody needs two of the same doll when they are this scarce and everyone wants them.

Congrats on your find. Wow. That woman is a really nice person for doing that for you guys.

karin_h

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 12:57:37 AM »
Like I said.....A one per customer rule would help greatly. There is no reason not to do that. Nobody needs two of the same doll when they are this scarce and everyone wants them.

Congrats on your find. Wow. That woman is a really nice person for doing that for you guys.

But what about people who have two daughters? Or collectors and their children? It wouldn't be fair for them :(

Offline okapishomapi

• Programming Pony
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • NERD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 08:49:59 AM »

But I just bought three Cupids on Friday to sell to pony people at cost. It's a good idea but there are too many instances when people can honestly want to buy more than 1, imho.

Thank you, taxel and Antlercat!
Okapi's Want List ~ Fishmeal Ref ~ Shomapi Ref

Repulsive333

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 11:02:12 AM »
That makes my heart warm up.
Thank the universe that there are people that actually care.

MissSleepless

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2012, 08:59:46 AM »
Someone get that Walmart lady a medal! It's really cool she pays that much attention and actually cares about cutomers and their kids. :) So sweet.

Offline MsTwilight

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2012, 09:07:59 AM »
You should call the store or go in and ask for the manager... tell them how great she was. It would really help her out and it's great to "give back". :)

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Trade Count: (+61)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2012, 09:54:45 AM »
That's such an awesome story. It makes me feel like I should ask more frequently. I'll admit though that usually I get the 'No there's nothing in the back' answer.

Offline PonyMonsters

• MOC Swirly Whirly
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Proud Swirly Whirly hoarder!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2012, 02:22:55 PM »
What a lovely story :) I'm glad you managed to find her!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal