collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: UPDATE To A Problem I had Last Year!  (Read 4734 times)

Offline Stormy31685

• Trade Count: (+397)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
UPDATE To A Problem I had Last Year!
« on: January 27, 2012, 07:12:53 AM »
Hello Everypony!

So, some of you may remember I had an issue last year with an eBay buyer who filed with eBay and got money back after I had already had proof of shipping with eBay.  For those of you who did not read, but want to know now, here is a link to the old thread:

http://www.mlparena.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=275994.html

Basically, I had sold some items to a buyer overseas and a claim was filed and I lost the case even after I provided proof of shipment, called eBay 10 times, and lost my fees and everything.

Well, Guess what came in the mail a few days ago?

THE PACKAGE! 

That's right!  And here are some helpful tips now for sellers out there:

1.  The REAL reason the claim was filed, was because the buyer did not want to pay the import fees charged by customs.  Rather than contact me and do the honorable thing, the buyer just let them sit in customs where they were eventually returned to sender (me, of course!).

2.  The tracking number that eBay needs to side with a seller (in order for you to win a case such as this one), was ON THE PACKAGE!  Sure enough, as it turns out (from what I gather), when a package enters customs, it is issued an entirely new tracking number that will provide details as to where it is once it gets into the destination country.  Had I called customs (or even the mail carrier overseas in this case), I would have been able to get this number and would not have lost money.

Sellers, please note this to protect yourselves and know that 99.999999999999% of Packages never really "get lost." 

If I have offended anyone, I apologize.  I guess I am still a bit heated about this.

Thanks for listening!

Offline Varkolak

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic <3
    • View Profile
Re: UPDATE To A Problem I had Last Year!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 08:22:36 AM »
it stinks to be out of money! but at least you got the package back. was anything damaged?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Stormy31685

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 08:46:42 AM »
it stinks to be out of money! but at least you got the package back. was anything damaged?

No everything was fine :)  The buyer just refused to pick them up.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 12:25:24 PM »
Oh what an unfair thing to do to you - ebay needs to get serious about troublesome buyers!!! Anyone buying from overseas into the UK should know there is pretty much a guarantee you ll get hit with a silly customs charge! Thats a horrible thing to happen Stormy! I am pleased you at least got "something" back...

Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 12:36:35 PM »
Contact Ebay. Buyers are not allowed to refuse packages because of import fees. Did you put a disclaimer in your auctions about not being responcible for these fees? You *might* be able to recoup your listing fees. Doesn't hurt to try.

Selling over seas is always as risk. So far, I haven't had an packages lost, but I know its coming. It's just a risk I'm taking as a seller.

Offline CrystalCrown

• Flamez o' Justice
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • You don't need a license to drive a sandwich!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 02:05:51 PM »
i agree with everything closetavalanche said.
that is totally unfair for the buyer to do to you.
:fox: :rainbow: F is for friends who do stuff together, U is for you and me! N is for anywhere and anytime at all down here in the deep blue sea!  :frog:

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2012, 05:42:38 PM »
Thanks for updating us Stormy. I completely undertsand why you are still upset :hug:  - this whole situation should not have happened :(   I'm glad the parcel came back to you safely though and I hope that you can resell it without any other problems. I would definitely contact ebay again too.. its got to be worth a try

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2012, 02:33:07 AM »
I hope you did leave negative feedback on here for this person - that's so unfair for them to do that to you...
At least you got your items back.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2012, 06:04:27 AM »
Glad to hear that the ponies were returned to you at last!  Please leave honest feedback!  I had the same thing happen once - made me soooooo angry!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2012, 01:31:46 PM »
Glad you got the package back at least. I agree you should contact eBay and tell them it was the buyers' problem with the import fees, you may get something back!

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Stormy31685

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2012, 10:44:43 AM »
Thanks everyone!

Well, I called eBay, and I demanded BOTH my fees and the extra I had to pay for the currency conversion (because the GBP had gone up against the USD when I had to pay for the refund, and I had to pay MORE just to refund the buyer).  They gave them back to me.  However, I am still really disappointed that this happened. 

I guess from now on, I am going to just offer Worldwide free shipping and mark items as gifts and undervalue them.  I shouldn't have to, but I was so stressed out about this, that it's worth not going through the headache.

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2012, 12:39:29 PM »
Glad you got your fees back, however be careful with the gift thing as its illegal to do that. Generally, I try to mark gift if its a private sale like here, but on Ebay I mark merchandise. Good luck :)

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2012, 01:15:24 PM »
Also I heard on paypal that if you mark something as a gift, you as a seller have no protection and the buyer has no protection.
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Sternenstaub

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2012, 03:53:03 PM »
Also I heard on paypal that if you mark something as a gift, you as a seller have no protection and the buyer has no protection.

Only when the payment was sent as gift.
But when she fill out the customsform on the package and make a cross at "gift" teher is the same protection for seller and buyer as always.

Thank you for the update stormy!
Atleast you got the ponies back and keep them or relist them for sale to cover your loose.

And about customs - when you don't want to take a package from customs off you can fill out a form and sent it to your customs office. They will know then that you don't want the package and the ywill return it directly to the sender.
For sure it isnÄt a nice handling - but anything like that is much better then let the package at customs without any note until they ship it back to the sender after month..and then to open a claim..

I really hope it was your first and last bad expirience.

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2012, 02:01:36 PM »
What a headache!
Unless you marked the incorrect amount on the package, there is a buyer I wouldn't want to sell to. I'm so glad ebay did the right thing, and recoup'ed you for everything you were out.

I did have a friend refuse a parcel. She let the seller know why too. He mixed up the green customs label from her $10 CD, with a $2500 coin he sold. The customs for her $10 disk was over $280CDN! But anyway, The customs people haven't cared about my pony stuff for a few years now. but I still take into account I *could* pay an extra 12% whenever I buy something.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal