collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Minnesota Pony Meet 2012- HUGE success! Pictures added on p. 15  (Read 29248 times)

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Minnesota Pony Meet- Planning stage!
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2012, 08:05:05 PM »
So where is Black Bear Crossing in regards to the zoo?  I'm familiar with the zoo, just not the area around it.  :)

I would love to get a table!  I've actually been wanting to unload quite a bit of my ponies, so I'll have a few bins to bring with.  ^-^

Is there going to be a fee for tables?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2012, 01:56:38 PM »
Nope, no fees for anyone. Maybe as we get closer and people get more organized with what they want to bring, we can figure out the tables a little bit better. I actually just started going through my budget ponies because I ended up with a bunch of ziploc baggies that I don't want to use for food, but will be perfect to keep their hair tidy! (Grrr, Tub Hair!)
Maybe as we get closer, we can also let people know what big things we have- I have some pieces of Paradise Estate that I've upgraded, and just don't have room to have 2 Paradise Estates! Then if someone is interested, we can bring the bigger pieces and just trade them at cars, rather than take up valuable table space with them! (That's my plan, at least!)
To get to the zoo from the conference place we walked down a bunch of sidewalk, across the road (pedestrian overpass), across a parking lot full of people going to weddings, and through/past the Conservatory. It was a nice walk, and I'm glad I was wearing shoes that I didn't hate! It was definitely far enough to drive, but when we tried that there was NOWHERE to park. We even tried to go to the shuttle parking, but it was taking much much longer to find that than to just go back, park where we started, and walk! I'm going to guess about a mile, but it really was a pleasant walk.
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2012, 02:18:45 PM »
Let me know if there's anything I can make or bring to the meet for food as well as anything to bring that's needed! I looked up the location and I'm not too far. Can you bring additional tables? If needed I have a few white tables that I could bring too!
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2012, 02:23:42 PM »
Hm, I'm not sure if we can bring more tables! I think that would be ok, but we can't bring food. That's part of the deal for using the room for free- if we want food, we have to buy it from the BBC people. The rules of the site are 1. don't mess it up, leave it as you found it, 2. NO outside food 3. Happy thoughts, which you are required to write in a journal. None of them are a big deal, like I said before, if you think you will be hungry but don't want to buy food, you can pack a little lunch and nibble it in your car. Last year they had an ice cream stand right outside our door, which was mighty yummy, and the food counter serves sandwiches and salads and I think desserts. They have reasonable prices- if I remember right, sandwiches were about $4. I didn't actually buy any food, though, I was too busy having pony fun! But I was starving on the drive home! LOL!

Offline PonySeeker128

• View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2012, 02:42:08 PM »
LOL what are happy thoughts recorded in a journal?!?!
Wishlist (MH)

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2012, 03:16:53 PM »
I know, fun, right? There's a journal in each room, and anyone who uses the room is required to write something in the journal. It's not anything too deep, usually just the name of the group and how many people, maybe a little bit about what you used the room for. We put a pony sticker in the book last year, but we'll have a different room this time!

One of the "costs" of reserving the room are that it can only be for events or groups that provide a positive energy for the world around them. This place was totally created by Hippies, but hey, I love em! And as Arvin said last year, what's more positive than ponies?

Offline PonySeeker128

• View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2012, 03:21:48 PM »
Ahaha hippies! What in minnesota doesn't have a hippie influence right? Well, let me know if you want me to bring those tables and anything else as well since I am close. I can get table clothes too if needed!
Wishlist (MH)

Offline Frenzy

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2012, 05:40:16 PM »
Hi there, Frenzy! Where are you now? Welcome home!

I'm in southeastern South Dakota for the next couple of weeks. Thank you! I grew up southern MN, but I'll actually be moving just a few miles south of where I was born, so it really will be a homecoming!

Offline loverofbalto

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2012, 05:54:44 PM »
I will make sure to keep an eye on this thread so I can get the day off.  Hopefully it will be earlier in September so it doesn't run into the same time as my Dad's wedding around the 22nd.  This is going to be interesting.

Offline missbonbon

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2012, 06:48:02 PM »
I hope my husband and I can make it this year! I was bummed to have missed it last year. IT would be my first! Just not 100% sure on the date - labor day weekend can be pretty rough for us to take off..but we will see what happens. :) Sounds like so much fun!

Please visit my photobucket to see my princess variant wish list. Photos borrowed from Shelti's site with permission. If they are your photos and don't want them on my link, please let me know, I will take them down right away!

Missbonbon's Princess Variant Wish List

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2012, 02:23:05 PM »
Hi there, Frenzy! Where are you now? Welcome home!

I'm in southeastern South Dakota for the next couple of weeks. Thank you! I grew up southern MN, but I'll actually be moving just a few miles south of where I was born, so it really will be a homecoming!

Whereabouts in Southern MN? I'm near Wells...
Balto! Hi! And congrats to your dad!
BonBon, did you get to another pony meet since last summer, or will this one be your first? (Hopefully!)

Offline cloud_weaver

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2012, 02:44:58 PM »
Is there a way we can get an email or facebook update?  I'm not always on the arena, and often that's how I tend to miss these things.  :silly:

I am planning on making it this year for sure though!  ^-^

Cloudie’s Wish List
Cloudie’s TRADE List

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2012, 03:22:11 PM »
Last year we had a facebook page, I'll get one started sometime soonish. Or someone else can make one if you have time and gumption!
 I think it had email notifications, but if it doesn't, we'll figure something out! BTW, that Ice Crystal in your siggie is just lovely!

Offline scarlettkitty81

• Trade Count: (+275)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2012, 03:27:53 PM »
Where/when is this MN Pony meet? What is it about? I live in New Brighton which is approx 15 min from Mpls :)

Offline cloud_weaver

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2012, 03:31:39 PM »
Thank you!  It's such a bummer I won't be able to bring him to the meet this year.  :(  I'd love to show him off!  :silly:

Please keep me posted on the FB thingy, that's a surefire way to get in touch with me.  :) 

Post Merge: March 06, 2012, 03:34:13 PM

Where/when is this MN Pony meet? What is it about? I live in New Brighton which is approx 15 min from Mpls :)

Close to Como Zoo, and Labor Day weekend I beleive.  :)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 03:34:13 PM by cloud_weaver »

Cloudie’s Wish List
Cloudie’s TRADE List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal