collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Minnesota Pony Meet 2012- HUGE success! Pictures added on p. 15  (Read 29404 times)

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Minnesota Pony Meet 2012- HUGE success! Pictures added on p. 15
« on: January 26, 2012, 03:50:20 PM »
Good times were had by all! Thanks to everyone who came and traded/bought/sold/played games. I haven't opened my Pinkie Pie Light Thingie yet, but I'm very excited for a chance to play with it!

(Typed long ago)
It's 2012! That means (appearantly) a new Arena, a time to test the Mayan's prediction, and time to plan for this year's MN Pony Meet!
We've had a request to move the meet to the same time as the Renaissance Festival, usually in September and October. I am open to that- early October sounds like a wonderful time for a Pony Meet, in time to buy myself a birthday present.
I really liked the Black Bear Crossings, though if someone has found a wonderful site during the last year we would love to hear about it. BBC is free, but I'm still willing to chip in some money for a site that costs a little bit of money.
So MN Pony peeps, come out of the woodwork!

What's a pony meet? It's a chance to get together with other pony collectors/customizers/lovers and talk about ponies! Last year our site was in Saint Paul next to the Como Zoo, which wasn't hard to find. There's a lot of trading, buying and selling, and playing games for prizes. I'm challenging everyone to bring 5 prizes to put on the prize table- they don't have to be anything amazing or overly valuable, and they don't have to be pony-related, either. We all have lots of interests!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 05:28:36 PM by Aurora »
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
Re: Minnesota Pony Meet- Planning stage!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 07:45:07 PM »
I was actually searching to see if there would be one this year since I am in eastern ND right now!  Is it usually held in the cities?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Shadowfax_22

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Custom Bait Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 10:58:26 AM »
I had a lot of fun at last years MN pony meet!!  It would be fun to attend this years too if it works out with my schedule. 

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 11:13:49 AM »
Man, I've never been to a pony meet. If it somehow ends up between May and August, I'd really love to see one.

Offline bubbles171

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Thank you so much shiverdam my 2 loves combined
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 02:49:49 PM »
Hi it does not have to be in Septemer or october to be the same tiem as the ren fair that starts  Aug 18 so you can have it the 18th or the 25 and it is stillin Aug for  people in school.

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 04:51:16 AM »
Nessa, most of the people in MN are in the cities, so it makes sense to have it there. And I'm good with whatever date/month, it will probably be on a Saturday so it shouldn't affect school too much!
The end of October is bad for me, and the beginning of August is bad. So somewhere in that 2 1/2 month stretch, there has to be a weekend that works for most of us!
Shadowfax, last year was fun! And since I spent all my money at your table, I certainly remember you! LOL!
Syndnie, are you in MN for the summer? How long are you here? Otherwise, I know there are pony meets closer to Philly (Oh, man, you really live in Phillydelphia? How Ponyriffic!)

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 06:16:39 AM »
I'd love it.  We are in Sioux Falls, drive to the Cities several times a year.
:socks:   :frog:

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 08:32:37 AM »
If it's on a date I can make I will certainly be making a huge effort to go...I can do some other stuff in the cities too to make it a bigger trip.  I definitely can't do Aug. 18 due to a wedding.  What about labor day weekend?  Anyone up for that since it will be an extra day to do some stuff there if we aren't from around there?

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline loverofbalto

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2012, 05:51:08 PM »
I hope I will be able to go.  As long as my other group isn't doing anything and I can get off work then I am totally there.  I hope it isn't too deep in the cities or again I could get a ride with someone, because my fiance hates driving in the cities.  I know it is early, but I am just putting that out there.  I can't wait.

Offline mngusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 07:40:40 PM »
Hey MN pony people!!  I had a great time at last years meet and am looking forward to this years too!  I loved Black Bear Crossing and would be up for having it there again.  Hopefully we can all agree on a date and get it on the calendar early.  Aurora, I really enjoyed the contests and games last year and will start keeping my eye out for prizes for the prize table.  Everyone was so nice last year, I'd love to see you all again this year, plus others who couldn't make it to last years.  We really had a fun group of people and I look forward to seeing you all again!

Offline bubbles171

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Thank you so much shiverdam my 2 loves combined
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2012, 08:42:28 AM »
labor day weekend sound good. what a great idea I frogot about that extra day of vacation for out of towners like me. Only thing is if other pony members have family plans for the vacation holiday like camping.

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2012, 08:33:17 AM »
I don't know if I've ever gone camping on Labor Day weekend! Haha! We ususally have a big camping trip the first weekend in August, and that is one of the few things that I will miss a pony meet for.

Labor day weekend is September 1,2, and 3. I'm ok with that if everyone else is- my hubby works at Lowe's so HE'S not going anywhere that weekend!
I would like to get the reservation in as early as possible- that room that we had last year was supposed to hold 40 people, but the seven tables full of ponies really filled the space up! But at least we know it's close to the doors, so we could play games outside if there's not enough room inside. And I know how to better display my sale ponies- now to get some cheap plastic shelves! There's plenty of room to go UP, just a limit on space to spread out!

If anyone notices anyone else on the board from MN or the surrounding states, feel free to direct them here to provide input- I really want this to work for lots of people!

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2012, 10:53:55 AM »
Finally news on a pony meet in mn! I'm in the twin cities area so anywhere around there would work great, date doesn't matter. I can't wait to g. Someone will have to give me more info on it so I know what to expect because I have never been to one before :) I can't wait!!
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

DancingPhoenix

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2012, 08:05:08 PM »
I'll probably be moved to Florida by the time Minnesota has the next meet, but October would be an AWESOME time. With all the fall colors and how many parks we have around the cities it would be ideal. The Ren Fest would be fun but a little hard to put together, that could be a side event but I'd definitely hold the actual meet elsewhere. I would otherwise recommend the parks at Minnehaha Falls or one of the many places in the Baker Park area (Minnehaha is in St. Paul, and Baker Park is west of the cities past Plymouth).

I've personally been to many functions in both places and they're gorgeous. Best of luck you guys!

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2012, 08:26:36 PM »
Oh, I will be in Minnesota from mid May to the end of August (I don't know the exact dates yet). But don't try to change things around on my account!
And yes, I am in Philly! It's great here. So very different from Minnesota. And right now, it's feeling like the middle of Spring :drunk:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal