collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ok....just weird!!! Ebay buyer  (Read 8551 times)

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Ok....just weird!!! Ebay buyer
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2012, 04:10:24 PM »
To the OP:

Thanks for the laugh. That first post was hilarious.

But on a serious note, you should report this person. When a buyer retracts a bid, you HAVE to report it for it to show up on their record.

If you check your email that your ebay account is attached to you will see that ebay sends you a message for every bid retraction (it won't be in Ebay messages). They give you an option to report. REPORT EVERY SINGLE ONE. The buyer will have no idea you did so but it will be on their record.

Furthermore, have you checked to see if she has any bid retractions before? You can see on her feedback page. It's easy to miss. Let me know if you need help finding it.

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2012, 04:42:51 PM »
To the OP:

Thanks for the laugh. That first post was hilarious.

But on a serious note, you should report this person. When a buyer retracts a bid, you HAVE to report it for it to show up on their record.

If you check your email that your ebay account is attached to you will see that ebay sends you a message for every bid retraction (it won't be in Ebay messages). They give you an option to report. REPORT EVERY SINGLE ONE. The buyer will have no idea you did so but it will be on their record.

Furthermore, have you checked to see if she has any bid retractions before? You can see on her feedback page. It's easy to miss. Let me know if you need help finding it.

I'm curious where would you find bid retractions on a members feedback page?

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2012, 05:06:01 PM »
If you go into someone's feedback and click on Feedback as a Buyer, it is in wee little letters in the right hand corner.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2012, 05:17:13 PM »
If you go into someone's feedback and click on Feedback as a Buyer, it is in wee little letters in the right hand corner.

Oh I see where it is now--I've never noticed it before.  Does ebay do anything to the member if they have so many bid retratcions in 12 months?

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2012, 07:31:56 PM »

Oh I see where it is now--I've never noticed it before.  Does ebay do anything to the member if they have so many bid retratcions in 12 months?

I swear to god it's like Ebay tries to make it hard to see the bid retractions. That's why you've never noticed it before :-)

Yes, Ebay definitely punishes for bid retractions. I don't know the exact number but there have been people who have suddenly gotten their accounts suspended because they have retracted too many bids.

It's the same thing with cases. Ebay doesn't right out say that if you open so-and-so many cases against sellers that you will get suspended but they do do it. It's all very hush hush and random. I think it's an automated algorithm and suddenly you get suspended.

So yeah, even though Ebay favors buyers too much in many cases they can get banned or suspended for:

1. Not paying
2. Retracting bids
3. Opening too many cases (even if they win every one, it stays on their record. Open too many and they look fishy and may get banned or suspended).

The retracting bids is the ONLY one out of these three that doesn't automatically go on their record. That's why it's very important to make sure sellers report it. Every time you report it it does go on their record.

This is also why if a buyer asks me to remove a bid I will no longer do it. I only do it if they made a bid by accident and they tell me within a reasonable amount of time. I have made a mistake and bid on an item before but I never bid on an item for multiple days and then asked a seller to remove it. That's ridiculous.

Anyways, I just wanted to inform about the retracting bids and reporting it because many sellers aren't even aware that Ebay sends them an email. So now you know :-)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2012, 05:58:23 AM »
I did report her for the retractions - mainly because the result was that 2 out of the 3 items she had bid on ended up with 2 NPB and I was kind of annoyed and felt she was partly to blame for the fact that people may have thought they were out bid and purchased the item elsewhere thereby leaving them as the winning bidder on an auction they had dropped out from. I think someone else - Moonstorm - had the same issue with this buyer retracting bids on her too...

What I never understand is where is the ebay "strikes" or "account restrictions" - problem buyers never seem to have anything done to them!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2012, 06:33:15 PM »
I did report her for the retractions - mainly because the result was that 2 out of the 3 items she had bid on ended up with 2 NPB and I was kind of annoyed and felt she was partly to blame for the fact that people may have thought they were out bid and purchased the item elsewhere thereby leaving them as the winning bidder on an auction they had dropped out from. I think someone else - Moonstorm - had the same issue with this buyer retracting bids on her too...

What I never understand is where is the ebay "strikes" or "account restrictions" - problem buyers never seem to have anything done to them!

Good for you on reporting her!

Those will bite her in the butt eventually. Don't worry.

For the other two bidders I would file a non-bidder against them because it's not really their fault. Once I get outbid I forget all about the item.

In any case, hopefully you can relist your items now and get the full price they deserve. I recently had a lady bid on a bunch of items and cancel 2 days before the auction ended. I of course, ended the auction early so that I could relist it.

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2012, 10:43:44 AM »
hehehehehe this is really funny, that person does appear to be a little bit missing the point >.<

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal