collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ok....just weird!!! Ebay buyer  (Read 8552 times)

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
Re: Ok....just weird!!! Ebay buyer
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2012, 08:36:26 AM »
A bit odd it is... but thanks for the laughs! :lmao:

I think she does not know how to calculate the shipping to USD.
I guess she understood the price in pounds, but wanted to know how many dollars that is.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2012, 03:07:21 PM »
Lol...I should update you all on this....

The auctions are over but the conversation continues - I am now getting messages along the same lines as you Evening_Moonstone about the bids being cancelled because of something to do with unemployment changing. I initially didnt really care why the bids were cancelled and I can assure you the person went straight into blocked bidders as soon as the cancellation occurred. But I do object to someone misusing the ebay system to cancel bids - when you bid you commit to buy dont you? Its only if the item changes or if you entered the wrong amount that you can cancel? In most ways I would rather people cancel if it simply turns out I would otherwise have a NPB but to bid so high and then cancel so close to the end I think is unfair on me as the seller....or am I being a little silly?

I know I shouldnt have deteriorated into an on going conversation with this person but if they hadnt sent me the message I would have managed to hold my tongue!!! Grrrrr....I am promising you all after that last message I am not answering any more of their cheeky messages!! Lol

*Deep breath....thinking of a happy place*
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Evening_Moonstone

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2012, 06:52:44 AM »
Please keep us posted.  I'm curious to see what happens next from this wacky bidder.

I added the person to my block list as soon as I got a cancellation from them.  I have not responded to any of their messages since, but I'm curious what they are still "chatting" with you about if they cancelled the bid on your stuff.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2012, 01:37:37 PM »
Please keep us posted.  I'm curious to see what happens next from this wacky bidder.

I added the person to my block list as soon as I got a cancellation from them.  I have not responded to any of their messages since, but I'm curious what they are still "chatting" with you about if they cancelled the bid on your stuff.

The conversation is just as much in circles as the original shipping conversation but the topic is a little different!....they messaged me about why they cancelled and I emailed back to say thats fine thank you for cancelling but politely advised to be careful of carelessly withdrawing bids its not a part of ebay policy - I dont think she took my "thank you for cancelling" very well as then she messaged me back calling me "crazy" and apparently she doesnt need to go by "my damn policies"....lol....is it bad I am enjoying myself now? Nothing else since....no doubt I ll get another message back and I as per the above I intend to delete but I am kinda annoyed about being called crazy. This from the same woman who asked about 4 times on shipping!
Loa is my love god!

Offline clones_rebellion

• Evil Swap Queen
  • Trade Count: (+422)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2012, 07:28:54 PM »
I echo the sentiment~ thanks for the amusing read! :lol:

Wow! What a wack job! This is just another reason I refuse to sell items on eBay anymore.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

~My Wishlist!~ Thank you Moonbreeze for my Atlas and Bastet siggy!

Offline EStRanger

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2012, 07:43:19 PM »
The conversation is just as much in circles as the original shipping conversation but the topic is a little different!....they messaged me about why they cancelled and I emailed back to say thats fine thank you for cancelling but politely advised to be careful of carelessly withdrawing bids its not a part of ebay policy - I dont think she took my "thank you for cancelling" very well as then she messaged me back calling me "crazy" and apparently she doesnt need to go by "my damn policies"....lol....is it bad I am enjoying myself now? Nothing else since....no doubt I ll get another message back and I as per the above I intend to delete but I am kinda annoyed about being called crazy. This from the same woman who asked about 4 times on shipping!

SHE called YOU crazy? That's a laugh riot! Is her last name Pot or Kettle? XD

Seriously, though, I thought maybe she was just a confused person. Maybe not the brightest bulb, but not a bad bulb either. But that message she sent you...yeah, that was not cool at all. I'd be annoyed too, if I wasn't cracking up at the hypocrisy!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 07:46:37 PM by Mystagic »
Don't look for me!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2012, 01:46:31 AM »
The whole thing has been a bit of a giggle now...I was going with "nice-ish person just easily confused" until the last message....as long as I dont have an ebay stalker now!!!

And I know what you mean Clones - is it just me or in the last 12 months have a significant number of people on ebay just gone a little cracker-jack!
Loa is my love god!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2012, 03:16:39 AM »

And I know what you mean Clones - is it just me or in the last 12 months have a significant number of people on ebay just gone a little cracker-jack!

you are totally right - theres definitely more than the usual share of crazies on ebay lately  :drunk: 
This is just another one to add to the list :P  the whole thing is still kinda funny , but her last message was pretty rude! :throw:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2012, 07:04:39 PM »
I don't know what is up with the ammount of people bidding & either withdrawing bids or winning the item & then not paying for it. Ebay needs a good kick in the pants. This one sounds particularly painful, it drives me mental when someone bids an item up & then pulls out at the last minute, you could have had other people that may have been interested but because it got up too high have backed out. Its just not fair on the seller.

I hope all these horrible customers sell one day, and they get customers that are ten times as bad as themselves.

Offline Tiggums6

• Valkyrie of the Victory
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2012, 12:09:36 AM »
You should be submitting this to that website, 'emails from crazy people'.
Remember kids....don't drink and ebay...

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2012, 11:22:50 AM »
You should be submitting this to that website, 'emails from crazy people'.

*giggles*

But seriously, a lack of respect from your 'buyer'.
If i were you, i would not even respond to one that shows a lack of respect like that. You stand waaay above that! And with no responding from you, she might stop stalking :D

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2012, 04:56:00 PM »
Just saw this thread.  I sold a few G4 coloring books to this person, shadow----, back in June 2011.  Apparently, she uses her unemployment checks to buy pony items.  The first time she bought from me, after the auction ended, she asked if she could pay in a week.  I was thinking--I wish you had asked before the auction ended.  I usually like payment within 4 days.  Then she won another of my auctions a week later, and paid a week later.  I stopped selling G4 coloring books because I was sick of her winning my auctions--lol.  She did pay, I was just annoyed by the late payment.  Her messages to me were very confusing too.

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2012, 06:13:50 PM »
*cough cough* methinks there's a reason she's unemployed....

The emails I get from the Chinese are more understandable than this :|

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2012, 06:19:13 PM »
Wha? You mean there are other countries with their own money?!

Dyzarktarzk

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2012, 06:37:46 PM »
Some -possible- buyers are... strange o.O

That's why I give an approximate shipping shipping cost and just before buying check the correct price (that crazy daily currency changes ¬¬X).

But you were more than clear that 1-3 ponies have the exact shipping price, and told a lot of times that were GBP and not USD... 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal