collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Gamers... Do you play for the trophies/achievements?  (Read 9192 times)

Offline OctoberFlash

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I like to eat things and brush ponies!
    • View Profile
Re: Gamers... Do you play for the trophies/achievements?
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2012, 12:16:51 PM »
I love to play games no matter what, but it makes it doubly fun for me with achievements. :D

Depends on the game, but like for example I play Team Fortress 2 and Portal and Portal 2, so I enjoy those games and am happy when I get achievements. x3
Click here for my wishlist!

Every puzzle has an answer :)

Offline TokiBear

• Wibbly Wobbly, Timey Wimey
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • We're all stories in the end...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2012, 02:00:30 PM »
I don't play JUST for the achievements but it sure is nice to see some accomplishment within a game.  Its especially nice with games that have a great re-play value.  Like with Gears of War 3... I can't tell you how many times I have played through the campaign but having those achievements to work towards makes it just a little bit sweeter... like beating the campaign on Insane as opposed to just Casual or Normal... its a nice achievement for myself to be able to say, "Hey, you know what... I am improving my game play ability."  And then to have that actual achievement pop up on the screen... its really a nice feeling.  Of course, I do also go through and get as many achievements as possible in a game as long as its a game I enjoy playing.  I do love seeing my gamer score getting larger... I remember I was so excited when I first hit 1000 gamer score.  I have a LOT more than that now but I like seeing what I have achieved with my online friends.  Achievements are fun!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline EStRanger

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2012, 11:47:42 PM »
Okay, you guys are really making me want to take the leap into Castlevania! Should I buy my straitjacket ahead of time? :D
Don't look for me!

Offline okiegurl1981

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://okiegurl1981.deviantart.com/
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2012, 12:06:05 AM »
Okay, you guys are really making me want to take the leap into Castlevania! Should I buy my straitjacket ahead of time? :D

Not so much a straightjacket, but maybe a Game Genie. ;) :silly:  That game drove me insane.  My Grandma was always better at it than me.  (Yes, my 71 year old grandma loves to play old NES games)
Facebook | Deviantart | Etsy

Valkohai

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2012, 02:25:19 AM »
well. My roomie is an absolute sucker for 100% achivements. She plays FF's and all those epic length RPGs and others till she has seen everything there is to see, all 100lvl, every weapon to get and etc. Now that there is trophies she plays them as well. She CAN'T sell her game till she finishes (sept God of War III that we bouth hated but only I played. She did not tutch it)(Sorry GoW fans)  So far she only got Sengoku BASARA 3 as 100% She is working on DW and Ninja gaiden Z right now.
(she owns PSP, DS, PS3 and PS2. She plays my Wii)

As for me..
 I guess I'm same. Im not too much in to this "perfect gaming" but those trophies make me get them. It is somewhat frustraiting and disturbing to see some of those games saved on PS3 is not 100%(aka all throphies collected). Im usually content when I have seen the events and gone trough the game. gives more to play in the next time.
(I own PSP, Ds and Wii. My PS2 just broke.)(I play her PS3 and PS2)

Offline Bunny-san

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ponydex.com
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2012, 07:48:49 AM »
If it's a game that I GENUINELY ENJOY, yes. I am an ahchievement hoarder. If its a "meh" game not so much. Just wondering, My gamerscore just hit about10100...Is that low for a pretty casual gamer or is that pretty good for someone who doesn't constantly shoot ppl in the face over xbox live? XD

Thank you artists for my siggys!

Offline TokiBear

• Wibbly Wobbly, Timey Wimey
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • We're all stories in the end...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2012, 09:03:06 AM »
Just wondering, My gamerscore just hit about10100...Is that low for a pretty casual gamer or is that pretty good for someone who doesn't constantly shoot ppl in the face over xbox live? XD

See, that's the funny thing about Xbox live gamers. In Battlefield and MW3 and Halo, I run into these hardcore gamers that are super good at the game and pawn me everytime... But their gamerscore is only a couple thousand. Why is that?  Because they ONLY play Halo or they ONLY play CoD games. They consider themselves to be much more than a casual gamer yet they only have the gamerscore showing for a couple games because they can't get into other games.

As for myself, my gamerscore is 12,700 something. I did that in this past year. Did I 100% every game? No way. Am I a casual gamer? Heck no.  I just play a lot of games. Particularly shooters haha. So Bunny-san, to answer your question, 10,100 is a great gamerscore regardless of what you consider your gaming habits to be!  I was so thrilled when I hit 10k gamerscore. To me, I would look at your gamerscore and say "hey, that chica is a gamer!  Rock on!  It's not often I run across another girl with a higher gamerscore."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal