collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: So... only 2 new ponies with the newest wave of ponies?  (Read 9470 times)

Offline TE_Starflower

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: So... only 2 new ponies with the newest wave of ponies?
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2012, 01:10:33 PM »
The weird thing for me is, I have seen all six ponies with luggage of the mane cast, so does that mean there are 8 ponies to this wave and I just keep missing the new ones in stores?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

sales album: http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,292573.0.html

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2012, 01:37:26 PM »
The weird thing for me is, I have seen all six ponies with luggage of the mane cast, so does that mean there are 8 ponies to this wave and I just keep missing the new ones in stores?

No I think the first wave this year is all 6 of the original ponies and then the second wave of this year is Diamond Rose, Cherry Pie and then 4 of the main 6...
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2012, 01:50:37 PM »
Dear Hasbro,

Just so you know, the universe will not implode in on itself if a pony with a body color other than purple or pink does not immediately grow pink and/or purple hair.

Love,
Your Fan
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Bag of Magic Food

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2012, 01:57:05 PM »
I thought the pegasus looked odd at first and on closer inspection, I realised she's got the Pinkie Pie eyes instead of what is regularly used on Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy. OoooOOOooo.. Hasbro got creative with the heads!
It's just too bad that unicorns can share faces with only two main characters rather than four, so we may never see a unicorn with round eyes.

Offline StrawberryReef

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.strawberryreef.com
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2012, 01:57:53 PM »
I'm pretty sure this is the new waves..

Wave 5

Wave 6 (pretty sure this will be released with and without dvd since I've seen Cherry Pie/Diamond rose MIB without DVD too)

Offline MANIMAL!

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2012, 02:07:03 PM »
Didn't Hasbro say there would be something like forty characters released in the first year? Where did that go?

Offline StrawberryReef

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.strawberryreef.com
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2012, 02:08:00 PM »
Didn't Hasbro say there would be something like forty characters released in the first year? Where did that go?

maybe if you include blind bag characters...

gravitationaltim

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2012, 02:25:52 PM »
I'm glad there's a new unicorn! But yeah, I would've liked more than just 2 unique ponies coming out, I get real excited to see what new cutie marks and color combination there are, and it is a little upsetting to see another pink unicorn. I'm still waiting to find blind bags in my Wal-Mart, now I'll be looking for these guys too! So far we've only found Pinkie's train set.

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2012, 04:11:28 PM »
I think it's like when they only released Lily Blossom and Cheerilee and it will only be a wave 2 kind of thing. I bet we see more new ponies for wave 3.

now theres a thought, how exciting now, i reckon they will do that.
btw
awesome find yay to you to be the first on the arena to find them in shops, oh fingers crossed they will make it here soon.......need new ponies

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

will2Bfree

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2012, 04:58:18 PM »
Congratulations on getting the two new ponies! I was also a little upset we were only getting two new ones, but Soull's comment makes sense. Hopefully the next few waves will be full of really good ones.

Dear Hasbro,

Just so you know, the universe will not implode in on itself if a pony with a body color other than purple or pink does not immediately grow pink and/or purple hair.

Love,
Your Fan

Agreed! I'm planning on buying Diamond Rose anyways, but I'm getting really sick of pink. I know a lot of people here like pink, and I'm not trying to hurt any feelings, but I really feel that it's time for a little more variety (aka - pinkless) ponies. Little girls aren't so insecure that they have to have pink on everything they own to prove they're feminine enough and pink is not every little girls favorite color. I've actually seen many more adults whose favorite color is pink than children. Obviously, I'd never expect them to do away with the color completely, but they don't have to weasel it on to every new pony.

You're right about the purple too. Now that I think back on it, they have also used a lot of that color. It doesn't bother me nearly as much as the pink, but I can understand wanting a little change from that, as well.

Offline TickledPink

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2012, 05:55:28 PM »
I'm actually glad there are only 2 new ponies with this wave, my wallet can't handle anymore! :lmao:
The weirdo formally known as ImmortalPanda

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2012, 05:58:39 PM »
*want*  I'm a little sad that there's only only two in this wave (c'mon Hasbro!) but I suppose I shouldn't complain, since wave 4 had so many new ponies. (4? 6?) 

In either case, I still think Diamond Rose and Cherry Pie are both pretty and I'll probably be buying both of them. Congrats on finding them!  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2012, 07:31:07 PM »
I will agree it's really stingy to have only two new ponies in this wave (and for two waves in a row to have the primarily the main six).

But I AM glad that someone has found them! And I think it's great they are FINALLY switching the heads up and we have a pegasus with a different eye style. I'd like to see them switch up the unicorn eye styles a bit too.

My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

SDstang

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2012, 08:31:03 PM »
all this pink is getting to me I am honestly not a fan of pink and as a little girl I didn't like pink.  now my collection is starting to look way too pink. I would be thrilled to see some purple ponies.  also they shades of pink are all too close together sept for Cherilee. I hate to complain but when you look at all the other gens you never see THAT much pink. sorry for the rant, and I am glad they are just the 2 ponies my wallet is much happy.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2012, 08:44:48 PM »
Oh my GOD, Hasbro, stop putting the DVDs IN FRONT OF THE PONIES!   It looks so trashy!

Oh, I finally get the suitcase thing . . . it's supposed to make you want to buy the train playset.  Because they're "going on a trip."   And then, in case you didn't get the hint, they put traintracks on the back of the card.  OH HASBRO, YOU SO SUBTLE.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal