collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Where did you play with your ponies as a child?  (Read 13821 times)

Offline Lady.Arachnia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I, Myself, am Strange and Unusual...
    • View Profile
    • Boutique Gothique, Very Unique Gothic & Fantasy Wear & Jewelry
Where did you play with your ponies as a child?
« on: January 25, 2012, 08:04:59 AM »
In another post here in the Coral there was a picture of a tent for over a childrens bed. This has me remind of the next:
The tent reminds me off summer holidays at the campingsite we had a trailer!
I had got for my birthday a normal tent and it was set up in the garden and i didn't sleep in it because i was afraid for the dark then. But i used it as a play tent and all of my ponies camped there the whole summer!

Where did you play with your ponies the most?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Artists for Itsy Bitsy Spider Pony! xxx

Offline Napper

• Trade Count: (+134)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Where did you play with your ponies as a child?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 08:58:46 AM »
For the most part, inside the house was the main place, but I did take my ponies(or at least some of them) to school with me often to play with on the playground. I have a picture somewhere of me and most of the kids in my class, playing on the playset at school with all the ponies. Its a great picture I really wish I knew where it was... :(

My Sale List

Shimmer

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 09:15:28 AM »
Such cute stories! And who wasnt afraid of the dark back then ;)

I played with my ponies everywhere from the sandbox (though I quickly realized they werent keen on sand) to school, my parents are divorced so I knew how to pack ponies. Since the baby ponies easily fit in a regular coat pocket 'starlight' Baby Stella was my constant companion.

Offline Prismatic

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+55)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 09:21:37 AM »
The backyard was my favorite place to play with them.  I constantly took them outside to play, they could go on so many more adventures in the big outdoors.  I rarely let others play with them, except my older sister, who had her own so we'd play together.  I loved anything to do with horses as a kid and they were my most cherished  toys, so I tended not to share them lol.  Despite their constant time in the sun, most are still in very good condition, which surprises me.

Offline tehrin

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 09:23:09 AM »
I'm the horrible one who played with them in the bathtub. XD If anyone has ever found a nasty gusty with TERRIBLE rust issues on the inside, it was probably mine. I had a habit of squeezing her in the water too. LOL.

I'd take mine on car rides, to the store (lost one of Wind Drifter's flutter wings in a store). I played with them outside. I remember taking ponies with me while trying to climb my favorite tree. I'd sit on the big branch and play with a pony there. XD

(also click for my sales here. :3)

Offline Scraleos

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 09:26:33 AM »
I played with my ponies in the garden a lot, and on the landing upstairs as well :)

Trade | Wanted | Pony Plushies

Offline VanillaBean

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.VanillaTwist.deviantart.com
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 09:29:57 AM »
I took mine on the front lawn with all their accessories, & took photos to make my own little storybooks.   :P
I believe I still have some lying around somewhere. Oh, the adventures they had, climbing the huge bush & jumping over the baby ferns.  xD
I also played with them a lot in the house. I think I was afraid to take them to school in case they got lost.
Hunting for G2 MLP & Pretty Pony Club magazines! :)

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 09:32:24 AM »
mine were played with in a giant sandbox, mostly. :)  The dog would dig these giant holes, and since the ground here is very solid, my ponies always lived in canyons, with rooms and walking paths carved out of the sides, sometimes 3 levels high!  haha, I even used to make the walkways with a barrier so the babies couldn't fall off.

I'd spend *hours* using a rock to carve the walkways and caves, a week or more went into 1 'canyon', there'd be hidden rooms with a toy plate 'door' for the babies to hide in, and sometimes I'd get interrupted by the dog trying to help!  Looking back, I sure am glad he never tried to chew up my ponies.

I think the worst thing that happened to my ponies though was when my little sister filled up one of the 'canyons' with water...while they were in it!  It was a muddy. sludgy mess, with grass and twigs and everything else, took me days to get them all cleaned up.
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Offline MimicMLP

• ~Non-Picky Pony Collector~
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • MimicMLP's Sales
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2012, 09:34:48 AM »
I mostly played with mine in my room. I had a somewhat large bedroom and made "pony houses" all over the place lol.  My mother said my room was a mess but i always showed her... "No that isn't a pile of dirty socks...its the baby ponys super cool bed!" lol and things like that

But I also took my ponies over to my friends house who also had ponies and we would play for hours in her basement.  But in the summer time, my friend would bring her ponies over to my house and we played with them in the lake in my backyard.

It was really fun "taking the ponies swimming" lol I'm sure a lot of ponies got ruined, scratched up by sand, and even some factory curls trashed because of this. But boy was it fun! lol

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2012, 09:44:13 AM »
my seaponies played in the bath with me! :)

Offline Brightglowpony

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2012, 10:01:06 AM »
The short answer is: everywhere!!   :P

I probably played with them the most in my room, but I also loved to take them on adventures outside and any place my family went.
Wishlist
Thank you to Witch for my stunning avatar!

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2012, 10:07:10 AM »
I played with them in my room. I really don't remember taking them outside much. When I used to go over to my grandma's house. I would play with them under her dining table. I remember putting them all to bed there and making it a nursery for my baby ponies.

Kaapelikala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2012, 10:13:27 AM »
Never had any ponies, as it was not "normal". Am I a bad pony?

Offline ember86

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • A very picky little pony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2012, 10:32:15 AM »
I played with mine all the over the house, even in the bathtub! I have this one memory of sitting in the kitchen with my older sister and putting nail polish on the ponies hooves.
  Thank you Scraleos for my sig! Thank you MLPmintchocolatechip for my a avatar  Have a very pony day [you]
My etsy shop

Offline Saber-Toothed Crow

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2012, 10:35:25 AM »
I'd play with them in my friends' basement, and in their backyard. They had a treehouse surrounded by a garden, and our favourite game was to close our eyes and throw the ponies, and then go and find where they landed. we were talking about this years and later and their dad overheard and said "We'll that explains why I'd find ponies in my garden all the time!" :P

Thanks Jennifer2004 for my sig and Shaiyeh for my avi! ~formerly Crowpriest~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal