collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Where did you play with your ponies as a child?  (Read 13867 times)

Offline BrightIdea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Where did you play with your ponies as a child?
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2012, 10:40:58 AM »
I mostly played all over my house, and on my friends front porch. Passersby must have laughed at us for sitting around surrounded by heaps of ponies.

I also took Seaflower out to play with her on the picnic table lots so I could see her hair change color.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2012, 10:43:12 AM »
I played with them mostly in my bedroom. Occasionally, they'd go with me on sleepovers, but not too often.
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline Buttersketch

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2012, 10:45:46 AM »
Mostly in the backyard. I usually played on and around the back steps. And in mud puddles. And the pool >_>;

I took them to my grandmother's house sometimes and my cousin and i would play together, usually in the bedroom or in the pool.

comics |LJ|Tumblr|DA

Offline The_Loner

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • My Little Pony fan
    • View Profile
    • Dream Planet - The Toys
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2012, 11:05:24 AM »
I mostly played with them in my room. I made houses for them on my bed and on the floor. I always took them with me on vacation and I made houses/cabins for them there too.

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2012, 11:11:07 AM »
I played with them in my room or at my friend's house!

I took them to church sometimes!  I love playing with them!

Offline Calico_Star

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2012, 11:49:20 AM »
I have few memories of playing with my ponies :( I'm sure I played with them in the house, and probably the yard as well since we have a big yard. I remember I used to carry a little bag with a unicorn on it that had odds and ends like crystals and broken toy horse saddles and stuff in it, so I can only imagine that I must have taken ponies around with me too.

I do know I took ponies to school though :) My best friend at the time and I would play ponies there sometimes. I remember taking Sugarberry to school one day. I didn't like her...not sure if it was because of her colors or because she was so white and her hair had tight original curl...but I brought her because I wouldn't have minded as much if she'd gotten lost or messed up a little. I remember my friend and I playing with them over by some trees on the playground, and another girl laughing at us and saying, "Haha, you guys still play with My Little Ponies?" Psh :P That was back in 4th grade. If she thought 4th grade was too old for ponies, she should see me now! :silly:

:heart: My Deviantart :heart: Commissions: Closed

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2012, 12:31:44 PM »
Outside in the desert (we lived in Arizona) and inside my great grandparents' house, which is where we lived for a while and when my MLP love was at its strongest.

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2012, 12:33:11 PM »
I mainly played with them in my room, but I remember on occasion taking them outside in the backyard to play during the summers.

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2012, 02:31:34 PM »
I think my ponies were played with just about everywhere! They lived in my bedroom, where Ponyland was a long worktop that went nearly the length of my room. My Little Ponies had one end, and the Julip horses had the other end.

Occasionally the ponies would venture downstairs to the Opera (behind the sofa in the front room) to play out The Phantom of the Opera. I was a bit geeky about this - as a six year old I would turn the record player on and act the ponies out to the various parts. Masquerade was the Phantom, Fireball was Raul, and Majesty and Strawberry Fair took it in turns to be Christine  :blush:

Sometimes ponies would go into the vast jungle (my mums plant shelf  :lol:  ) and sometimes they would go the the woods and the lake - the garden and the pond.

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2012, 02:44:54 PM »
I think usually in the house, but also often in the grass in my front yard. Which kind of grosses me out to think back on it, because we had 2 dogs who would obviously use the grass to do their business...

ETA: I also do recall taking some sea ponies into the bath with me. -cringe- BUT! I don't think I ever took normal ponies in. So that's a plus! lol
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 02:52:44 PM by PinkRosedust »
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2012, 03:45:05 PM »
Usually I would play with them in my room.  Though I also was one of those kids who put their ponies in the bath lol. 

Offline TheGreatSpid

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2012, 03:57:33 PM »
I'm the horrible one who played with them in the bathtub. XD If anyone has ever found a nasty gusty with TERRIBLE rust issues on the inside, it was probably mine. I had a habit of squeezing her in the water too. LOL.

I'd take mine on car rides, to the store (lost one of Wind Drifter's flutter wings in a store). I played with them outside. I remember taking ponies with me while trying to climb my favorite tree. I'd sit on the big branch and play with a pony there. XD

I'll one up you, I often took them into the pool!!
I also played with them in the bath (I recall squeezing ponies to get all the water out!) Other than that, I would play with them in my room. I would sit on the floor and line the ponies in a circle around myself. Ah sweet memories

Offline Ainadae

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2012, 04:17:14 PM »
I always took some ponies on vacation with me when we went to the beach! It was tough choosing which ponies to bring, but I'm pretty sure I was smart enough not to bring any so-softs. Salt water and sand probably wasn't the best thing for them, but I remember being so excited to get own to the water to build them a huge castle complete with moat and courtyard. I must have pictures of my ponies and their castle around somewhere, I'll post them if I find them!

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2012, 06:15:17 PM »
I wasn't much into ponies as a child but the ones I did have were often played with along with the Barbies, so that would have been mostly in the family room.  I had a desk set up next to the bookshelves and my Barbies had an apartment that I'd made for them on the desk, while the other toys lived around the desk and on the bookshelves.  I have vague memories of Raincurl living on the desk next to the Barbies.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Staff
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2012, 06:39:51 PM »
I used to have a spot next to the fireplace at my parents house where i had a shelving unit and i also built my own dream castle out of lego as we couldn't afford PE or D/C in a million years.  And considering where it was located my 300+ ponies never had fizzy hair or melting or anything horrid. 

I used to spend hours in that spot reliving the G1 animated series for myself :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal