collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Bronies, come answer my questions!  (Read 14193 times)

Offline rearing_palomino164

• Trade Count: (0)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Share a smile at least once a day!
    • View Profile
Re: Bronies, come answer my questions!
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2012, 07:32:23 PM »
Tell me...
1. How you got into MLP and why you like it.
I've always loved horses and I never got to experience mlp when I was younger so, I thought why not start now?

2. Single? Married? Any dads? Any moms?
Does engaged count? lol

3. Do you collect or just watch the show and discuss?
I used to collect g3's and some g1's and stopped, but since then only watch FiM.

4. Have you developed an interest in the other pony generations?
Not really. The new ponies I'm not a fan of.

5. Any other pertinent facts I should know in order to truly understand what bronies are about!
Ummm, all have a love for ponies.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

You are the memory that lives on forever, the shadow that stands by our side.

Offline Chai

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • yoga pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2012, 08:39:02 PM »
I love both FiM and the G4 ponies and I am certainly not a brony.  It's not that I have a problem with them, but I was a collector before bronies existed and liking FiM was a natural thing for me, as a pony fan.  The main reason I don't call myself a brony is because I don't associate with the fandom at all, since there are some sketchy bits that I don't care for at all.

this. the sketchy bits bother me. i personally know some guys who are into FiM, and who are rude and make it into this dirty thing that takes away from the fun, in my opinion.

thanks to sunnyrain for my avatar and sweetmelons for my sig.

Offline dippindot

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2012, 09:52:40 PM »
Had the toys as a child in the 90's, owned the movie and watched it over and over and over. I also love Lauren Faust, so whenever I heard she was doing the new G4 ponies show, I gave it a shot, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I love the variety of ponies and just the general small pony cuteness of them.  They are great toys!

Married, no kids

3. Do you collect or just watch the show and discuss?
Both

Don't care for G3.5.  Their heads freak me out.  The rest though, are all equally awesome to me.

5. Any other pertinent facts I should know in order to truly understand what bronies are about!

Bronies are 'bros' who watch 'ponies', specifically the FiM show.  But it's not like the word is in the dictionary.  The meaning is always evolving.

The way I look at it, bronies are the mid-20 year old guys who check out memebase and 4-chan, and the people who can identify with that culture.  That means, you can be a 30 year old woman, or a 50 year old man, or a 15 year old boy, and still be a brony, because you are identifying with the culture that consists mainly of 20ish guys who watch MLP:FiM and make creative transformations (fics, videos, memes) about them. 

I don't identify as a brony, mostly because I'm interested in ALL the ponies Hasbro is releasing, and I haven't met a brony yet who gave a hoot about any of them that weren't in the show.

CloudBurst Reference

Signature is rotating, PM for artist info! : )

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2012, 03:01:26 AM »
This would be so much easier for me if I knew the set-in-stone definition of a brony....! Well, I am me, and I collect G1's. I own several G2's that I got as a child, and a few G3's that I decided to keep because they are cute. I am a girl, and I love watching F.I.M, until the other day I swore never to even look at it because I just don't have the time and have a very strong love for G1's and wasn't going to be distracted by G4's! I absolutely adore FIM, it is good for when you want a little 'me' time and a laugh :) So, I'm not a brony, I don't think, but I am a fermale G1 collector and watcher of FIM. :D xxx

Offline MintySocks

• Singing Artsy Fartsy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2012, 07:34:47 AM »
Thanks everyone who not only answered but interviewed their friends! XD This is shaping into quite a nice, meaningful discussion. :heart:

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2012, 08:10:57 AM »
Ooh, I wanna do this:

Some people I watch on DeviantART were into it and I got curious. I then found out that Lauren Faust made and I felt I HAD to see it. I started watching it from episode 1 and got addicted.
Single. Plus I'm only 15...3.
Do you collect or just watch the show and discuss?
Collect. A lot.
I decided to watch the other generations out of curiosity I liked the G1 cartoons (both the original and Tales), I thought G3 was decent, and thought the only good 3.5s were Waiting For the Winter Wishes Festival (long title) and Twinkle Wish Adventure. As for the G1, G2, G3, and G3.5 toys and merch, I'm way to addicted.
First, what I think a Brony is. Someone outside the target demographic who likes G4 of MLP. Most only like G4, while others like more than that one generation (like me). Some bronies make fan art, fan music, fan fics, etc

Wow. I typed to much.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 08:13:45 AM by TheBeatlesPkmnFan42 »

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline TokiBear

• Wibbly Wobbly, Timey Wimey
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • We're all stories in the end...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2012, 09:05:00 AM »
I know you asked for only bronies, but I'm just going to leave a tidbit here:

That all depends on your personal interpretation of the word 'brony'. In my opinion, if you like the show FiM, regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, etc., etc., you're a 'brony'. And I know several people who would agree.

I love both FiM and the G4 ponies and I am certainly not a brony.  It's not that I have a problem with them, but I was a collector before bronies existed and liking FiM was a natural thing for me, as a pony fan.  The main reason I don't call myself a brony is because I don't associate with the fandom at all, since there are some sketchy bits that I don't care for at all.

This is me as well.  I don't have any issues with Bronies just don't associate much with the fandom.  The responses in this thread are really great to read though.  Love em.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal