collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Job market is really that tough?  (Read 12213 times)

Offline stopxmotion

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Support independent film!
    • View Profile
Re: Job market is really that tough?
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2012, 12:34:26 AM »
It's even worse for people like me with mental illness that can't work jobs with a lot of customer interaction, for instance.. My options are very limited and I dread ever having to go out and look for a job.
Two more little devils jumped over the wall.
Saying turn her out father, she'll murder us all.
To my fal-de-ral little law-day.

Offline ponybabe

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Job market is really that tough?
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2012, 08:04:06 AM »
To you folks in college, really try to connect with your teachers, take advantage of seminars and talks where you can meet people from industries you might like to work in, and network, network, network.   That is what will get you a job.

Yeah I've been trying to get help from some former teachers but they don't seem to care at all. I've also been going to some of these job seminars to talk to people from different companies but that hasn't helped either. I just get told that I don't have enough experience when they get my card and I never hear from them :cry: I think the problem here is you need stronger connections like a family member, close friend, a close family friend or an ex-coworker to help you, everyone else doesn't seem to care or think it's their problem you can't get a job :blink: These people forget however that that's how they got their first jobs, whatever, I'm done begging for help from these people who don't show the slightest sign of wanting to help :enraged:
I'm hoping that either some company finally realizes I'd be a huge asset despite being newly educated or the temp agency finally comes through with something, she still seems to think she can very easily find me a temp job since she feels I have so many great qualifications :hope:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Many thanks to Nence for my adorable sig with my cat Chani in it and Btd for my lovely avatar!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal