collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone going to Bronycon Summer at Meadowlands Expo Center in Secaucus, NJ?  (Read 1661 times)

Bee-chan

• Trade Count: (0)
As I haven't seen anyone mention this yet here on the Arena, I figured I'd ask.

Is anyone else here planning on going to Bronycon Summer 2012 in June?

It's been moved from Penn Plaza Pavilion in NYC to the Meadowlands Expo Center in Secaucus, NJ. MUCH bigger space for a convention, and it's basically the ideal convention location. AnimeNEXT and MangaNEXT were both held there for several years, and I can give it 2 big thumbs and 2 big toes up in terms of service, friendly staff, clean hotels, easy access to food and entertainment and public transportation. It's basically a mini-convention city!

That being said, I've already RSVP'd and paid for my reservation to Bronycon ( and NO, you do NOT have to be a brony to go. Though it is geared towards the G4 line, everyone from ALL generations of the pony fandom are welcome! I had a BLAST at BroNYCon January, and I'm mostly into G1 and G3! ). I plan on booking a room at the Holiday Inn or Embassy Suites some time in the next month or so, but of course, I don't want to be in a room by myself.

Sooooo... would anyone be interested in rooming with me? I'm used to being the one to book the room for conventions I attend, be it as a regular attendee or an artist in the artist alley ( which I will be in for Bronycon Summer ), and I know the rooms at Embassy Suites are gooooorgeously huge for a great price. I can easily get around 5 to 6 people in a room, and if we get a room with a mini living room like I've had in the past there, we can be totally comfortable.

I have at least one or two people already who said they'd be interested, but if we can get more people into the room, it would lower the price even further per person.

If that isn't enough incentive for you, how about this?

Lauren Faust herself is going to be a guest at Bronycon Summer, as is the voice actor for Discord! Not sure who else will be there, I don't normally pay attention to the guest lists for conventions, unless I've met the guests before. My butt tends to stay glued behind my table in the artist alley, and lemme tell ya, customers at BroNYCon kept me sketching, inking, and marker painting all day long. Imagine how awesome it's going to be with the convention being stretched over two days instead of just one!

Hope to see some of you all there! And give me a heads up if you wanna be a roomie!

~~Bee

rayechu

I'm west coast so broNYcon is a bit too far for me, but I know some of my friends are going.

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Man, I SO WANNA GO!   My hubby and I are going to the MLP Fair in Orlando, and I actually looked into flying to Bronycon first the weekend before, then to Orlando, and then back home.   The problem is, hubby doesn't want to do that :(   I can't figure him out - he'd rather go to the Fair only, than to do both.  I'll keep working on him though!

And thanks for the update about the location change. I don't know if that would make it cheaper, or more expensive for us, but I'll look into it!

Bee-chan

Actually, it could make it much cheaper hotel wise, if PurpleTinker works out convention discounts with all of the hotels ( or at least one of them ). Priceline, Hotels.com, and Expedia are other options as well.

And again, everything is RIGHT THERE, so you just need to park your car once and you're set for the whole weekend! X3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal