collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Should I buy Glimmer Wings Rarity ?  (Read 3799 times)

Offline lilico

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lilico.be
Should I buy Glimmer Wings Rarity ?
« on: January 24, 2012, 07:09:34 AM »
Hello everyone,

Sorry for the stupid thread, but from the time Glimmer Wings G4 were released, I can’t help questioning myself…

I’m collecting ONLY unicorns.

G1, G2 and G3 were not a problem, because there were earth ponies, pegasi and unicorns.

And then came the G4, with the winged unicorns. I decided not to buy them, because I personally don’t like alicorns (they’re not natural to me. You’ll say that unicorns aren’t natural either, but that not the point, lol).

… But but but ! What about GLIMMER WINGS RARITY ?
First I thought ‘not another alicorn !’ but I can’t stop thinking Rarity is a unicorn, and had wings only for a short time in a FIM episode because she was under kind of a spell, if I well remember.

So what ? Should I add her to my herd or not ? Should I buy her and break her wings away ?
She’s a release of unicorn Rarity (and I must have all of them !) but I hate thinking I can put wings in my herd…

What would you do, if you be me ?

Thanks so much for your ideas and thoughts on my actual personal conflict ;)
NEW Website ! My MLP Unicorn Collection is now visible here : https://lilico-lilico.wixsite.com/mylittleuni

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
Re: Should I buy Glimmer Wings Rarity ?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 07:15:19 AM »
I would buy her and consider the wings to be just the magical wings from the show. : )
Frankly, i don't see any of those ponies as a (winged) different species. The wings look not natural enough for that.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 07:23:22 AM »
Yes. Yes you should.

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 07:35:22 AM »
I say yes! If anything just look at it like she is playing dress up. That way, you won't feel the need for her not to have wings.
Just be sure to look at her in the box before buying to see if anything is wrong. I've seen a lot of GW have glue blobs, large factory scratches, smudged symbols and other strange manufactoring details - more so than just the regular G4s. I bought Rarity just because I thought it was cute to have her with little butterfly wings, in my mind she is definitely just playing dress up..Or being affected by Twilight magic. : )
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline StarDapple

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Bah Weep Graaagnah Wheep Ni Ni Bong!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 07:55:23 AM »
Yes!  All that is Rarity is good!  And I wouldn't break her wings, if you did that, it would be more cost-effective to simply buy her in her regular pose.  She is the only Glimmer Wing I bought because she actually had those wings in that one episode.  Rainbow Dash with Glimmer Wings just seems very odd to me.

Offline Chi

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 07:57:38 AM »
Yes!  All that is Rarity is good!  And I wouldn't break her wings, if you did that, it would be more cost-effective to simply buy her in her regular pose.  She is the only Glimmer Wing I bought because she actually had those wings in that one episode.  Rainbow Dash with Glimmer Wings just seems very odd to me.
Fluttershy and Daisy Dreams with the wings also makes no sense to me, but it's cute. As for RD, it's just really out of character. XD
I do love Ploomette though.

Offline StarDapple

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 08:01:36 AM »
Fluttershy and Daisy Dreams with the wings also makes no sense to me, but it's cute. As for RD, it's just really out of character. XD

Fluttershy came in Glimmer Wing?  I've never seen that at any stores here!  That is strange...I can understand Ploomette, but it just seems odd to throw on Glimmer Wings on any and all pegasus...why not have a line with just Glimmers, like the G1 Wingers?

Offline Chi

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 08:05:23 AM »

Fluttershy came in Glimmer Wing?  I've never seen that at any stores here!  That is strange...I can understand Ploomette, but it just seems odd to throw on Glimmer Wings on any and all pegasus...why not have a line with just Glimmers, like the G1 Wingers?
Yup. Saw her on eBay along with Daisy Dreams. Have not seen her in stores yet, but I'm sure we will at some point.

Offline MintySocks

• Singing Artsy Fartsy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 08:10:29 AM »
I say get her! It's going to bug you not to have her if you're doing unicorns. Think of the wings as an accessory... I mean, Rarity was completely in love with those wings. If you love Rarity, you have to love the wings. ;) LOL

Offline Cool.Breeze

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2012, 08:11:04 AM »

I totally agree, RD looks ridiculous with glimmer wings, imo xD But I adooooore Ploomette, too :D I was pleased as can be when I finally found her :heart:

I say buy glimmer wing Rarity if you really love to collect unicorns, it is the most canon glimmer wing because of the Sonic Rainboom episode. With insect-type wings, Rarity is more like a Wingercorn than an Alicorn x]
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 08:13:48 AM by Whellu »

Offline StarDapple

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2012, 08:11:25 AM »

Yup. Saw her on eBay along with Daisy Dreams. Have not seen her in stores yet, but I'm sure we will at some point.

Aren't those the same wings as Ploomette?

Offline Chi

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2012, 08:18:27 AM »

Aren't those the same wings as Ploomette?
Actually, they aren't! Just looked it up. They are very simular, though.

Offline StarDapple

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2012, 08:26:09 AM »
That's good!  I'm glad they are keeping things different instead of just reusing the same wings, even if they are just a little different..  :)

Offline tehrin

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2012, 09:13:22 AM »
Though I do find it odd that Fluttershy gets the peacock wings... instead of butterfly wings. :/ Oh Hasbro, y u so silleh?

(also click for my sales here. :3)

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2012, 09:14:05 AM »
I would get her since she's similar to the episode where she had the butterfly wings.

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal