collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Whatever happened to the Blackpool Ponies?  (Read 3385 times)

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
Re: Whatever happened to the Blackpool Ponies?
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2012, 08:48:10 AM »
Woooowww!!! How amazing would it be to have one of those in your yard? You could pretend it was a real pony frolicking around. :D

Offline Lancer

• Trade Count: (+164)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Diary of a Daydreamer
Re: Whatever happened to the Blackpool Ponies?
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2012, 12:11:37 PM »
I sent a link to Lancer on Facebook once; there was an episode of Russel Howards Good News last year; at the end he shows a small clip of various nice, heartwarming things show in the news....in this particular episode it showed a holiday home for children with cancer in Blackpool, which seemed to have some old illuminations donated to a fun/play area there, including 2 or 3 of the Princess Pony/Dragon illuminations...I can't quite remember the name of the place now, but maybe Lancer will still have a link to the site?
I sent a link to Lancer on Facebook once; there was an episode of Russel Howards Good News last year; at the end he shows a small clip of various nice, heartwarming things show in the news....in this particular episode it showed a holiday home for children with cancer in Blackpool, which seemed to have some old illuminations donated to a fun/play area there, including 2 or 3 of the Princess Pony/Dragon illuminations...I can't quite remember the name of the place now, but maybe Lancer will still have a link to the site?

Yes, that was Donna's Dream House, as Pinkamena mentioned.  I just took another look at the site (http://www.donnasdreamhouse.co.uk/) and it seems they were the victims of a burglary and arson attack at Christmas last year.  What sort of (insert x-rated word here) would steal from and burn a place like that?!  I feel so sorry for the terminally ill children who were scheduled to stay there. :(

I don't know if the ponies were destroyed in the fire.  There aren't many details about it on the site (you can see some pictures of the ponies in the background of some of the guests' photos though), but it sounds as though it was the actual house that was damaged and not the garden, so hopefully not.

As PKW said, Baby Cuddles was bought by Gypsywildflower who repainted her as Baby Cotton Candy.  She has been a feature at Ponycon for the last three years and attendees can have their photo taken with her. (Cuddles, that is, not GWF...though I'm sure she wouldn't mind you having your photo taken with her too if you asked politely! xD)

I don't know what happened to the other Blackpool Illuminations Ponies.  I was recently in contact with the ex-festival director of the illuminations who was looking into what happened to the ponies, but he never found anything out.  He just knew they'd been sold off. :(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal