collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Questions about French Blossom and Italian Bubbles  (Read 2959 times)

PandoraFox

• Trade Count: (0)
Questions about French Blossom and Italian Bubbles
« on: January 23, 2012, 05:07:12 AM »
My father's girlfriend has been very kind, and gifted me her childhood ponies.
To my surprise I found a few nirvana's among the bunch, and being little curious me, I have a few questions about them.

French Blossom was one of the ones I'm curious about.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

She's seems to be in fairly good condition to me. She is missing the very first plug of hair on both rows of her mane, but next to that there's nothing wrong with her that a visit to the spa and possibly a little time in the sun won't fix.
However, I've noticed something odd about her legs. Her right back leg is soft and almost floppy, I can easily squeeze it and such.
The plastic seems to be really thin. Her right back leg in contrast, is nearly rock solid. Her front legs too, feel harder then I'm used too from a pony. It seems to be a factory error, where they had trouble dividing the plastic into the mold?
I'm just curious to know if that is something common to French ponies.

The other girl I was curious about is Italian Bubbles.

Looking around on My Little Wiki has led me to believe she's a variant with a collectors pose head. Could anyone confirm that for me?
And if she is I must admit I'm a tad curious to know if those are common or not. Mind you, I adore her either way, but I can't help but be curious.

Thank you for any help you can give me. I'm still learning to find my way in the lovely world of nirvana's.

Offline yum-yum

• Trade Count: (+55)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Yummie!
    • View Profile
    • ThePonyBusiness
Re: Questions about French Blossom and Italian Bubbles
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 07:43:07 AM »
Congrats on your new ponies! they look wonderful!

It's very common for french ponies to have thin plastic in places. I have a french skydancer who suffers from the same problem. Result, she has problems standing.

Bubbles is indeed the one with a CP head. She would be around $60-$70, since she's harder to find then Seashell.

PandoraFox

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 08:26:50 AM »
Congrats on your new ponies! they look wonderful!

It's very common for french ponies to have thin plastic in places. I have a french skydancer who suffers from the same problem. Result, she has problems standing.

I'm lucky then, that Blossom has no problems keeping herself upright.
She's survived years of childhood play as well, so I have no fear the leg will continue to hold up, but I was curious about it none the less.

Bubbles is indeed the one with a CP head. She would be around $60-$70, since she's harder to find then Seashell.

Deary me, that's a tad more then I was expecting. Makes me a bit apprehensive to start cleaning her to be honest. XD
On the other hand, her neck seal was broken when I received her (luckily with little to no damage to the plastic), so I can carefully take her head off and have a look ans possibly clean inside without there being much chance of me doing anything wrong.
The locks of hair in her tail seem to have all sorts of lengths, and I'm curious to see if it's a factory thing or something I can fix.

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 10:39:02 AM »
yum-yum is right about the french ponies havin patches of thin plastic, my french starshine has a leg like that.

well done on bubbles! she is an unusual variant, you can get a seashell like that too. i would leave her uneven hair, the italian ponies often have choppy manes and tails, it was how they were made.

love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

PandoraFox

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 11:10:01 AM »
yum-yum is right about the french ponies havin patches of thin plastic, my french starshine has a leg like that.

well done on bubbles! she is an unusual variant, you can get a seashell like that too. i would leave her uneven hair, the italian ponies often have choppy manes and tails, it was how they were made.

love pkw xxx

Thank you! I never knew that was normal for Italian ponies. My other girls don't have it.
Her tail also looks nice despite being a tad choppy, so I'll just wash it and leave it as is. ^^

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 11:15:30 AM »
ooh I love your Bubbles! <3 xxx

PandoraFox

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 11:22:21 AM »
ooh I love your Bubbles! <3 xxx

Thank you!
I do adore her, she's my first sitting pose pony, and by gosh are they cute. I wish hasbro had made some more of them.
I starting to find most poses just look so much better in real life then they do on pictures. >>

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 12:39:53 PM »
I've seen a few with the thin plastic - a bit unfortunate really! French Blossom is such an underrated pony :)

And yeah, Italian hair is often choppy. It's part of the charm!

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal