collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What was/is your favorite childhood doll?  (Read 5076 times)

Offline MsTwilight

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What was/is your favorite childhood doll?
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2012, 09:16:59 PM »
I was always a Strawberry Shortcake girl! I loved them all and had most of the first and second series. Blueberry Muffin was my all time fave though.

I loved my Jem dolls and Barbie and the Rockers too!

Offline FairyDust

• Professor Snape Pony
  • Trade Count: (+47)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2012, 12:19:00 PM »
My favorite was Hollywood Hair Teresa and her boyfriend was always Best Man Ken from Midge and Alan's Wedding.

I also loved my two LLL dolls which was ballerina Maiden Fair Hair and Maiden Goldenwaves.

I also loved my Jem dolls even though they were always mom's or older sisters to my Barbie's.  My Fav's were Video, Rock N Curl Jem, and Glitter N Gold Jem.

My favorite Barbie outfit was Peaches N Cream Barbie's dress!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Collector of Jem and the Holograms, MLP, Kitty Kitty Kittens, and of course Totsy ponies.

Offline tehrin

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2012, 02:46:45 PM »
I had this light up baby doll from the late 80's. I can't remember her name, but she had a big star or some kind of jewel on her stomach. XD I loved her when I was little. When I was digging around in my attic, I came across her! One of the few childhood toys I still have! :O

I also had this Theresa doll that had thick beautiful curls, a frilly blue dress, and a light up jewel thing on her belt. I wasn't into Barbie, but I really loved this doll. I was so careful not to mess up her hair and her outfit. I never took the brush to her hair! XD I didn't play with her much, I left her on display on my shelf most of the time so I could look at her.

(also click for my sales here. :3)

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2012, 03:17:48 PM »
Ocean Friends Kira (she has the same name as me!) and this talking doll with a plush body. My dad freaked at my mom because she was an African American baby doll and my dad is somewhat of a white supremest ;.; But, she was beautiful and I took her everywhere. I slept with her til I was 12!

Offline mistic_imp

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Http://www.carolphillipsart.com
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2012, 03:33:17 PM »
 I didn't have that many  toys/ dolls.. but  i loved my rainbow brite ( still do !)   and rose petal place doll.. i also had a star fairy i really liked and a moon dreamer  ( but only had one of  those)
 Had barbies that i liked but weren't my favorite.

More so  I  played with ponies :)

Monsterelli

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2012, 03:50:13 PM »
I loved my Wedding Day Midge and my ice capades Barbie  :heart: 

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2012, 05:28:33 PM »
Mine was a baby doll I had when I was small named Courtney. She had eyes that opened and closed and her body was plush and made to look like pajamas. Her hands and head were plastic. I wasn't really a doll person as a child but I loved her. She mysteriously disappeared at the apartment my family and I used to live in though. =/

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Novavelle

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2012, 08:34:55 PM »

I really didn't play with dolls, I played with my MLP and LPS a lot more... but my sister had this guy, and I loved playing with him:

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2012, 08:40:39 PM »
I loved my Jewel Secrets Barbie, Rainbow Brite, and I also had this creepy doll that was sort of a dog. It would move its paws and make noise. I remember it was about 10 inches and pastel and had a bottle, but don't remember much else. Wish I could figure it out, because I miss it!

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2012, 04:01:59 AM »
Mine was my AG Addy! We read Meet Addy in second grade while learning about the underground railroad and I loved it! I saved up my allowance for half a year and bought her myself! She is the first thing I remember buying with my allowance. I grew up in Milton, Wisconsin which has the Milton House that was part of the underground railroad and I've been on the tour several times, I'm still trying to get other friends to go on it. :p Like seriously it's only the next town over and a local tourist attraction and you haven't been? it's cheap!
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline SkitLeDee

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Power Puff Pony
  • A silly artist trying to make in in a huge fandom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2012, 05:17:41 PM »
Mine was my AG Addy! We read Meet Addy in second grade while learning about the underground railroad and I loved it! I saved up my allowance for half a year and bought her myself! She is the first thing I remember buying with my allowance. I grew up in Milton, Wisconsin which has the Milton House that was part of the underground railroad and I've been on the tour several times, I'm still trying to get other friends to go on it. :p Like seriously it's only the next town over and a local tourist attraction and you haven't been? it's cheap!
Happy birthday!
....I'm stuck here forever,aren't I?

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2012, 05:26:14 PM »
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline ember86

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • A very picky little pony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2012, 05:58:18 PM »
Happy birthday!
Thank you! ^-^

Yes Happy Birthday! May all your Birthday wishes come true!
  Thank you Scraleos for my sig! Thank you MLPmintchocolatechip for my a avatar  Have a very pony day [you]
My etsy shop

Offline megsense

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/megsense/
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2012, 06:49:00 AM »
My favorite was Hollywood Hair Teresa and her boyfriend was always Best Man Ken from Midge and Alan's Wedding.

I also loved my two LLL dolls which was ballerina Maiden Fair Hair and Maiden Goldenwaves.

I also loved my Jem dolls even though they were always mom's or older sisters to my Barbie's.  My Fav's were Video, Rock N Curl Jem, and Glitter N Gold Jem.

You and I so should have grown up together. We would have had a BALL!

I loved my Wedding Day Midge and my ice capades Barbie  :heart:

Wedding Day Midge was by far one of my most favorite dolls ever. I have no idea why she struck me so much as perfect. I played with her until I ruined her hair. She lost hair in the front so I did a comb over kind of thing with a bob. I was so proud of myself. I still have the doll.. bad off as she may be.

Mine was my AG Addy! We read Meet Addy in second grade while learning about the underground railroad and I loved it!

I loved her books. I never had the dolls, just paper dolls and an activity pack of her's with some books. ;]

My favorite dolls from childhood was probably my Dillon McKay doll (from 90210). I played with him from when he came out until I stopped playing. He is the most constant doll I ever had. He was always the husband/father/boyfriend/etc.

Baby Sitter's Club Claudia doll may have been the closest thing to a favorite girl doll. I played with her until she was destroyed.

In the last few years I have gotten new Dillon McKay and Claudia dolls. I needed fresh copies just for the nostalgia. ;p

Line art from MLP:fim

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2012, 10:46:36 AM »
I've been thinking about this one.....I didn't have a Barbie until I was like 13.....
I got my first pony when i was 4....but dolls?
I was obsessed with my Rainbow Brite doll.
There was this doll who's hair would "grow" when you put her arm up, and "cut" when you wound her arm around.....I don't remember what they were called....I remember being mad that she wasn't PJ Sparkles XD
And I had one of those "kid sister" dolls (the girl version of "My Buddy") that scared the bejezzus out of me....she lived locked in my closet cause I was convinced she was going to eat me in my sleep

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal