collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Glue on Glimmer Wings  (Read 3794 times)

Offline TokiBear

• Wibbly Wobbly, Timey Wimey
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • We're all stories in the end...
    • View Profile
Glue on Glimmer Wings
« on: January 21, 2012, 08:39:42 PM »
So... I don't know why but I absolutely adore that Glimmer Wing ponies.  I think they are a really neat set.  I found Plumette about a month ago but couldn't find the others... until today.  Well... All three of them have big globs of glue in their tails!  I am so disappointed!  I thought Plumette was just a fluke but when I deboxed RD and found it in hers... I knew Rarity would have it as well and she did.  I'm trying to decide what to do... do I contact hasbro and complain or do I dip their tails in acetone for a brief time to loosen the glue up? 
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 08:50:46 PM by TokiBear »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

ButtonMasher

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Glue on Glimmer Wings
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 08:48:51 PM »
Hmm, that's interesting. Neither my Ploomette nor Rarity have any glue in their tails. Though I can see how easily it could happen during production, since that whole wing/back segment seems to be glued on right above the tail. I'd be interested to see how common it is. It's possible the batch that went to your area was just a bad one... or maybe I just got lucky with mine!

If it were me, I'd contact Hasbro and show them some photos and see about getting a replacement. They've been pretty good with me in the past, albeit with a different toy line, with resolving defect problems.

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 09:00:09 PM »
I've had to return a Ploomette before because she had scratches and blobs of glue on her butt. It seems that these specific toys, more than the other basic figures, were made rather poorly. If it's not that much glue and not near paint, I would just use acetone to remove the glue. I don't really see a point in contacting Hasbro since they're not going to stop making them like this. They might send you a replacement, but there's no guarantee of how much better it will be. :(
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline MintySocks

• Singing Artsy Fartsy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 09:10:45 PM »
Mine don't have glue on their butts or their tails, but I agree they're made poorly. Can't get over the color differences between the head, the body, and the wing mechanism. :(

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 09:20:13 PM »
Mine don't have glue on their butts or their tails, but I agree they're made poorly. Can't get over the color differences between the head, the body, and the wing mechanism. :(
I'm kinda used to the head and body being a little different, but THREE different coloured plastics that are supposed to be the same? Bleh! :(
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

ZettaMomo

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 09:21:56 PM »
I would take some pictures and send it to Hasbro. I has a pony with some defects and they told me they would send me another one of her (even though they send me a completely different pony xD). It may take a little bit to come, but it is nice to know that Hasbro is at least willing to replace their defective ponies.
After that you can try a little bit of acetone to get the extra glue off.

Offline TokiBear

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2012, 09:32:49 PM »
Thanks everyone.  I think I'll take some pics of the glue and see if Hasbro will replace them.  If not, I'll try dipping them in acetone.  Luckily, the glue is just towards the end of the tails, not near the body at all, but it makes it impossible to brush.

Also, on a side note, I found the CMC set at Target tonight.. they had two sets and at first I was just trying to decide which Scootaloo had a body and head that were almost matched... then I noticed that one of the Cheerilee's faces was covered in glue so that made up my mind for me... oh Hasbro...

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2012, 10:54:08 PM »
I just ordered mine from TRU's website - I'll have to wait and see if they've got glue.

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline Calico_Star

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2012, 12:38:08 AM »
My Ploomette also has a glob of glue in her tail. I assumed it was just a fluke. She's the first G4 that I can recall has had that problem...but she's also my only Glimmer Wing. I passed up several Ploomettes at different stores because they had bad eye or symbol paint before I settled on the one I bought...Sad that Hasbro's quality control has been so lacking lately :(

:heart: My Deviantart :heart: Commissions: Closed

Offline StarDapple

• Scribbles Pony
  • Bah Weep Graaagnah Wheep Ni Ni Bong!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2012, 07:50:12 AM »
Wow, I guess I got pretty lucky that my Glimmer Wing Rarity didn't have any problems.  But seeing your problems with this, I think I will be much more careful from now on when buying ponies.  If you wouldn't mind, would you post what Hasbro tells you?  I would be curious as to how they handle their customer service.

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2012, 08:05:47 AM »
Oh Hasbro, why is your quality control so poor?
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)

Offline TokiBear

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2012, 02:16:45 PM »
Email to Hasbro with pictures has been sent!  Its hard to get the glue to show up in the pictures even under good light, but hopefully I'll hear back from them this week.  I'll update the thread when I hear back from them.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal