collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Nirvana indecision :)  (Read 6141 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Nirvana indecision :)
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2012, 02:02:52 AM »
If I am honest I have been trying to part with most of mine for the last 18 months - I get as far as getting price checks, getting pictures and then only ever sell one or two and the rest go back into their storage box! 2012 - the year that I finally deal with this!

I think its a fickleness with a lot of them - at the time I really really really needed Brazil Windwhistler - now? meh! she isnt as amazing as I thought she would be. But on the other hand the Baby Twinks who I bought just to complete the Brazil babies I completely adore! So maybe you need to meet some ponies in person before you decide if they are for you or not [man...I sound like a dating website...weird!]
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline relcelestia

• Trade Count: (+107)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Argie Obsessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2012, 09:56:20 AM »
uuurrrmm well i USED to have that problem.... but as y'all know by now i finally decided to sell every non-argie from my collection.
so now i only have argies and my childhood ponies left :)

the only indecision i have now is... "should i even collect ponies at all?? i should just sell them all"

obviously that thought doesnt last long... so far ;)
HEY [you]! Sell me your Argies! :dribble: Wishlist
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Click HERE to see my 125 Argies!

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+153)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • View Profile
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2012, 08:42:26 PM »
o I love every pony that I buy!!...I love all the nirvanas, like someone else said on here....once they enter my domain they NEVER leave.....lol.....=)

Offline BridgetsMum

• Queen of Pink Bottoms!
  • Trade Count: (+210)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
    • http://julies.mlparena.com
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2012, 09:45:50 PM »
My collection is 100% boxed at the moment. I haven't seen them since April of last year and it's agonizing. I do plan to display a lot eventually, mostly Nirvanas. I don't think I can sell any of the Nirvanas though. I've never been able to really scale back my collection but Nirvanas would definitely be the last ones that I would sell. I just get way too attached. I think I'll miss them too much if I sell. Plus those stories about how someone sold a pony right before it got highly sought after really gets to me. lol That's why I still have two baby princess sparkles.

Good luck ember!

I feel very fortunate that Mattman was able to retrieve the galleries. I can at least still see my collection. Yeah, I don't think I can sell any. lol
Line up for Arena Anniversary Spankies!

Offline angelponies

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2012, 07:25:07 PM »
Sometimes, I start to count up the amount of money I have in ponies, then think what am I doing? I have enough here to buy that car I wanted if I sell some, then other times I think Noooooo stop putting $ signs on your ponies you'd miss them if they were all gone. I have had to part with quite a few over the months for family reasons, I have a big family  :P  but I plan on getting them back again in the future  :satisfied: I have Tried and it is useless for me to fight myself lol, I am a 4-life pony collector  :lol: I can't imagine having none or just a couple  :blush:

Offline BridgetsMum

• Queen of Pink Bottoms!
  • Trade Count: (+210)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
    • http://julies.mlparena.com
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2012, 11:29:22 PM »
ha That's a good way of putting it. A for life pony collector. I was thinking about this thread today and remembered a Nirvana pony I sold a couple of years ago. I think it was a Mexican wedding pony. Yikes, forget the name now. Anyway, I still miss her. lol
Line up for Arena Anniversary Spankies!

Offline hodgemo2

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+466)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2012, 07:40:42 AM »

the only indecision i have now is... "should i even collect ponies at all?? i should just sell them all"

That's me, too.  Pretty much, once I buy, I keep 'em!  Even when I upgrade, I usually hold on to the original.  Though lately I've been selling my collection off.  It started with the G3s, now I'm starting to creep into G2s, and G1s.  Nirvanas, though...they're staying.  :)

466 international  and counting!

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2012, 10:57:33 AM »
My collection is 100% boxed at the moment. I haven't seen them since April of last year and it's agonizing. I do plan to display a lot eventually, mostly Nirvanas. I don't think I can sell any of the Nirvanas though. I've never been able to really scale back my collection but Nirvanas would definitely be the last ones that I would sell. I just get way too attached. I think I'll miss them too much if I sell. Plus those stories about how someone sold a pony right before it got highly sought after really gets to me. lol That's why I still have two baby princess sparkles.

Good luck ember!

I feel very fortunate that Mattman was able to retrieve the galleries. I can at least still see my collection. Yeah, I don't think I can sell any. lol

oh BM! :(

i had mine boxed for about a year when i moved and i missed them so much. it was such fun getting them out and displaying them when i got my new pony shelves.

i hope you are able to put them out on display again soon, i bet they have missed you too.

love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Aeithales

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Πράσσειν Άλογα
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2012, 06:28:38 AM »
Nice topic!

My herd and are not in good terms for quite some time now... I mean, I love my collection and I feel very proud for it but 2 years and a half ago, I realised that things got a lot out of control. Buying ponies ended up more like an obsession and less like the wonderful thing a collection is supposed to be. So, this year I too will let a big part of my ponies move to different homes were they will be more appreciated, taken care of and, hopefully, proudly displayed! There are many I will not part with, but I will try to be mature and let go of 1/3 of them, at least. There is no reason to have them if they are forever stored away, is there?

I hope that this will allow me to focus on my real grails and maybe even acquire them, little-by-little and with a realistic plan of their well-being!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you for my siggie, TwilightWhispers!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal