collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G4s in thrift stores!  (Read 19433 times)

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
Re: G4s in thrift stores!
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2012, 11:35:02 AM »
*rocks in rocking chair* back in my day, when we got toys, we had better have liked them and played with them, or else!

hahah really though, I think so many kids now are spoiled rotten -___-;
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2012, 11:44:12 AM »
I've found tons of McDonalds, a styling Rarity, and a Fluttershy  :)

It's weird to me that these are already being gotten rid of, but I suppose they might have just gotten one and not liked it. I'm also finding Mcdonalds Hello kitty, that were JUST released.

Not surprised to find McDonalds toys either. Some families eat there way too often (I was lucky my Mom had worked there or else I would not have had the ones I had as a kid. We didn't get happy meals often at all, since even when she didn't work there if we got mcdonalds it would be a regular cheeseburger each and me and my sister would split a regular fry and hi c cause it was cheaper.) and end up with multiples.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

kmlv23

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2012, 12:05:18 PM »
Could also be a case of gift giving gone awry. Little girl says she likes ponies, family member picks up pinkie pie, kid doesn't like pink. So instead of throwing it away or letting it rot in a toy bin, she takes it to a thrift store. I actually think that's a step up from how things were when I was a kid. Maybe I'm weird though.

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2012, 12:07:28 PM »
All of ours ended up being donated to local nursery schools, but that wasn't until I was about 12 or so, when I thought I was too cool for ponies -__-

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2012, 08:20:52 AM »
I only found a MD Fluttershy last May...
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

ladybrooklyn

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2012, 08:26:55 AM »
I've found a FS Princess Celestia (with her crown!), a FS Pinkie Pie... a Talking Celestia (without her crown or collar. :( ) and lots of McDonald's G4s at various Goodwills and Savers. :D

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2012, 12:49:12 PM »
And now today I found a FS Pinkie Pie. I guess I can start to call this a trend in my area.

keikokukien

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2012, 01:31:23 PM »
I used to work at a museum and later at a barnes and noble booksellers. At both places, we would end up with a lost and found box full of toys and other things (umbrellas and coats and shoes. Or just one shoe. I never understood that!). We always donated what we could after two-three months. Sometimes, younger kids would leave toys on a table or the floor and the parents wouldn't remember/see and the toys were just lost.

As sad as it is to think kids are playing through the toys fast enough to donate them, this could also be what is happening, maybe?

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2012, 02:33:36 PM »
Could be lost and found donations too, especially given the area I live in. I also suspect the post-Christmas unwanted gifts is part of it. A few of the ones people have found have been out for at least a year, though, too, right? I mean, my family certainly didn't get rid of toys that quickly, but it doesn't seem too surprising, I guess... Of course, I also found in the same thrift store a tea set that turned out to likely have been a gift from South Korea to a diplomat (it still had the card inside), so I guess some people in my area really do value things differently.

ladybrooklyn

« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2012, 03:38:09 PM »
I used to work at a museum and later at a barnes and noble booksellers. At both places, we would end up with a lost and found box full of toys and other things (umbrellas and coats and shoes. Or just one shoe. I never understood that!). We always donated what we could after two-three months. Sometimes, younger kids would leave toys on a table or the floor and the parents wouldn't remember/see and the toys were just lost.

As sad as it is to think kids are playing through the toys fast enough to donate them, this could also be what is happening, maybe?

This makes me so sad... :( Thanks alot Pixar! :lol: All I can think of is the toys having support meeting groups (has anyone else seen the Toy Story Toon: Small Fry, that was in front of the new Muppet Movie!? :lol: )

Offline TE_Starflower

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2012, 04:21:52 PM »
I also found a talking Celestia at Value Village for $1.99.  Other than that, I've seen a bunch of McD toys plus G3s and fakies

sales album: http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,292573.0.html

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2012, 07:48:48 PM »
Last Saturday I found a fashion Fluttershy at Savers for $2! My roommate was a bit perturbed, as he'd just bought her the day before brand new. >.<
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline MintySocks

• Singing Artsy Fartsy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2012, 08:12:59 PM »
Haven't found them at thrift stores, but I got a Honeybuzz off Craigslist. Someone was selling her with her saddle, bee pet, and the Ponyville dress shop that looks like a purse for $5. My daughter saw the photo and wanted it for her birthday so we got it. Pretty good deal considering just the pony would be $5 new at least.  I'm watching Goodwill stores now though since Christmas is over and people might be donating rejected gifts!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2012, 11:16:22 PM »
I've found a FS Princess Celestia (with her crown!)

Celestia but no Luna? Maybe it was a brony and Celestia wasn't wanted because she was inaccurately pink.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline sabathamk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sabrinas-space.blogspot.com
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2012, 09:31:59 AM »
It could also be parents getting tired of toys all over the floor and saying 'clean these up or they'll be donated', and the kids don't listen.  I've gotten close to that point in my own house.  For now, toys aren't donated, but they end up in a box in our basement.  I just spent a half hour with my kids this morning, teaching them to put away toys properly, and put the bins back in the shelves and such.  My office finally doesn't drive me crazy... for a day or so anyway.

No G4's in my area yet...

Thanks to Cardinal Melody\'s pony maker!
wishlist/adoptables

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal