collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Surprise Pony Gift! So happy! Now With Pictures!  (Read 4437 times)

PandoraFox

• Trade Count: (0)
Surprise Pony Gift! So happy! Now With Pictures!
« on: January 21, 2012, 06:51:59 AM »
My fathers girlfriend found her childhood collection of my little ponies today.
She's enjoyed watching me start restoring my own childhood herd, and so she decided to gift her ponies to me.

I'm just so delighted to have them!  :frolic:
I can't currently post pictures, since we have my little niece over, and she has promptly confiscated the new additions for the afternoon. (New pony fan in the making!)
But I now have 6 new lovely girls, and a lot of surprisingly cute fakies, not to mention a ton of pony outfits, and a pretty parlor play set set that will be brought home later.
The girls need a bit of TLC, but they're all in fairly good condition. I can't wait to start working on them, and have them look their best again.

There was even an extra special surprise for me in the bunch.
Ever since I've found my own childhood herd, and started looking around online to identify them, I've also encountered a ton of ponies I do not yet own, but would love to have at some point. One of the ones I instantly fell for was baby Cotton Candy. I think I must have squealed when I saw her among the bunch today. She may be a very common pony from what I've gathered, but I'm so happy to have her! :biggrin:

[Edit]
I finally had the time to take some pictures. Excuse the crappy background. Best available on very short notice >>

Here are the lovely new girls. Next to Bubbles, Peachy also turns out to be an Italian girl. I'd forgotten to check before.
As I said, they all could do with some cleaning and general TLC, but I'm sure I can have them look their best again.
They're posing with Twinkles. Dad's girlfriend said they'd bring the parlor home today. I cant wait to see it!
The hair on baby Cotton Candy and Dibbles looks very white in the pictures, but it's actually still a lovely pink. ^^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Here is the fakie army!

And here are all the lovely new outfits. (After I checked my little wiki and figured out what went with what. >>)
All but the flash prance outfit are incomplete, but I don't mind, It's to be expected after a lot of childhood playtime.
Not to mention that I've never had any real pony outfits before, so I'm very happy with these.
I'll be carefully washing these, and repairing loose seams and such to the best of my ability.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 07:07:35 AM by PandoraFox »

IIya

Re: Surprise Pony Gift! So happy!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 07:45:57 AM »
How awesome! That's awesome to hear about Cotton Candy. What other ponies did you get?

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 07:54:16 AM »
That's so cool that you got a ton of MLP! How wonderful!

PandoraFox

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 08:37:44 AM »
How awesome! That's awesome to hear about Cotton Candy. What other ponies did you get?

Thank you! ^^
Next to Baby Cotton Candy I am now the proud owner of Peachy, a purple with pink hair baby Ember, and an cute but lonely Dibbles. I'll have to see if her twin pops up somewhere along the line. I did a bit of searching online for the other 2 girls that were in the bunch (now that my little niece has relinquished them ;) ), because I recognized both, but they both looked a tad unusual to me.
One is a French Blossom, and the other, to my surprise, seems to be an Italian Bubbles with a collectors pose head.
I have no idea how special those would be, but I'm ever so happy to have them regardless of whether they're common or not.
They're both lovely.

That's so cool that you got a ton of MLP! How wonderful!

Thank you very much! ^^
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 10:21:57 AM by PandoraFox »

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 10:06:31 AM »
Now that's way cool! What a fantastic lady to give you her old ponies like that. :lovey:
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 11:39:08 AM »
That is awesome!  What a sweet lady to give your her ponies  :lovey:  Baby CC may not be rare, but she is one of my favorites as well.  Mine travels with me in my purse and I take pictures of her on trips  :)

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline Nappercasper

• Oh Happy Tails
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2012, 12:59:25 PM »
Ohh a nice way to find nirvanas! Bubbles with cp head not that common... i dont know much about either... but awesome finds :)

chris..

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2012, 02:44:28 PM »
Sooooo cool ^^

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2012, 03:01:41 PM »
Oh wow, that is so cool!  Baby Cotton Candy is one of my childhood ponies and I think she is really cute.  Congrats :cheer:

FlyingPonyMonster

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2012, 03:18:42 PM »
Awesome Woweee and some nirvanas in there too! Congrats!!!

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2012, 07:28:24 PM »
That is so nice of her :D I look forward to seeing photos, major congrats on your new ponies, playset, fakies & clothes! Fakies are pretty addictive too ;) be warned lol

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2012, 08:42:55 PM »
What a wonderful and sweet thing to do.  And to find two wonderful Nirvana's in there, super congrats.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

chris..

Re: Surprise Pony Gift! So happy! Now With Pictures!
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2012, 08:12:08 AM »
Awwwwww They Are Sooooooooo Cute ^^ :lovey: :lovey:  Thanks For Showing Us ^^ :happy:

Offline Lady.Arachnia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I, Myself, am Strange and Unusual...
    • View Profile
    • Boutique Gothique, Very Unique Gothic & Fantasy Wear & Jewelry
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2012, 12:42:36 PM »
Owwwwhh my gosh how sweet of her to give her old ponies to you!
And that big white fakie with the pink hair...i had that one also when i was a kid! Only i had her with light blue hair! It was the very first "pony" i got!
I'm so trilled to see one again although only on pictures....can you look for me if she had some stamping on her hoves? I can't remember what brand she was i only know she was bought at Vroom & Dreesman back in the days...

Thank you Artists for Itsy Bitsy Spider Pony! xxx

PandoraFox

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2012, 01:08:10 PM »
Owwwwhh my gosh how sweet of her to give her old ponies to you!
And that big white fakie with the pink hair...i had that one also when i was a kid! Only i had her with light blue hair! It was the very first "pony" i got!
I'm so trilled to see one again although only on pictures....can you look for me if she had some stamping on her hoves? I can't remember what brand she was i only know she was bought at Vroom & Dreesman back in the days...

I actually posted a topic in the Pony Corral, in hopes of finding out who all these fakies are.
I checked them all for stamping, or other hints as to who produced them, but I unfortunately couldn't find anything on any of them.
I hope you won't mind if I add that that used to be sold at the V&D to my thread. It might help with identifying her.
Funnily enough, my fathers girlfriend told me that particular fakie was her first pony too. ^^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal