collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: HELP! COLLECTION STOLEN- WATCH FOR VINTAGE PONIES  (Read 7309 times)

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: HELP! COLLECTION STOLEN- WATCH FOR VINTAGE PONIES
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2012, 03:51:23 PM »
That is awful! She should try trading posts or craiges list in her area as well.  I'll keep an eye open just in case.  I worked at a goodwill for a number of years.  You would be amazed how often things like this happen. We got a lot of divorces come through where people would rather give their spouses stuff away than lose it in court.  It is just awful.  I hope they are recovered.  The story does say she is an older lady in poor health, maybe she got a little confused too. 
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 03:53:36 PM by Sarahlacewing »
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2012, 10:38:29 PM »
I'm mindful of another thing.
If the person who removed the ponies does attempt to sell them, everyone in the community will rip them a new bottom hole - based on one very dramatic story.
We don't know the full story, so I would ask people to keep as open minded about this as possible.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline willa

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Greek Ladybird Mint in Egg
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2012, 02:31:20 AM »
I'm with you Loa...
It crossed my mind that maybe the mother sold them without her daughter knowing and the daughter was upset with her and now she's trying to get them back to make amends... But who knows... Lets just focus on helping to retrieve them rather than putting a whole load of blame on someone when we will never know the full story.  I hope she manages to find some of them...  x
SEEKING... Princess Taffeta & Pristina, 7 Tales Bon Bon and Peru Unicorns Moonstone & Windy x

Offline SkitLeDee

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Power Puff Pony
  • A silly artist trying to make in in a huge fandom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2012, 07:31:51 PM »
If this is true I want to punch the brother in the face.
With a cricket bat.
That is all :)
....I'm stuck here forever,aren't I?

Offline lemontwist

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2012, 06:31:24 PM »
I don't think she'd be offering to buy/pay for the ponies if she were scamming or something. Plus the specific initials AND pony name on the hooves isn't exactly something that you would see on a whole lot of ponies.

I hope I'm not being offensive to anyone debating that side of things. I just wanted to point out my thoughts on it. I have had people in my family (my own mother) trash things I cared about, throw them out or sell them without telling me or giving me a choice. Once she sold my favorite blanket without telling me and I about had a cow! She took $300 from me without asking and had a huge yard sale of all MY stuff to "pay me back". She sold all my beloved books, dresses, old toys, etc. The blanket was seriously THE last straw, it was my "feel good" blanket that I always cuddle in when I'm having a hard time. And I even found the person who bought it and I bought it back lol. Stuff like this does happen, people do have unstable or just plain hurtful relatives and people do try to get their stuff back! I'd imagine the mother's "last straw" was her daughter's ponies.

I just don't think it's that far fetched, and she's willing to pay either way. Although I would say it's safest to definitely charge her and not just give ponies for free, if you're worried she's lying. There's not much harm she can do with a lie if she still pays in full for the items in question.
Sales - Pony and Doll Wishlist!

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2012, 10:01:20 AM »
Agreed!

I don't think she'd be offering to buy/pay for the ponies if she were scamming or something. Plus the specific initials AND pony name on the hooves isn't exactly something that you would see on a whole lot of ponies.

I hope I'm not being offensive to anyone debating that side of things. I just wanted to point out my thoughts on it. I have had people in my family (my own mother) trash things I cared about, throw them out or sell them without telling me or giving me a choice. Once she sold my favorite blanket without telling me and I about had a cow! She took $300 from me without asking and had a huge yard sale of all MY stuff to "pay me back". She sold all my beloved books, dresses, old toys, etc. The blanket was seriously THE last straw, it was my "feel good" blanket that I always cuddle in when I'm having a hard time. And I even found the person who bought it and I bought it back lol. Stuff like this does happen, people do have unstable or just plain hurtful relatives and people do try to get their stuff back! I'd imagine the mother's "last straw" was her daughter's ponies.

I just don't think it's that far fetched, and she's willing to pay either way. Although I would say it's safest to definitely charge her and not just give ponies for free, if you're worried she's lying. There's not much harm she can do with a lie if she still pays in full for the items in question.

Post Merge: February 08, 2012, 10:02:04 AM

If this is true I want to punch the brother in the face.
With a cricket bat.
That is all :)

^^ this
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2012, 07:01:27 PM »
I'm mindful of another thing.
If the person who removed the ponies does attempt to sell them, everyone in the community will rip them a new bottom hole - based on one very dramatic story.
We don't know the full story, so I would ask people to keep as open minded about this as possible.

True and I agree  ^^  :awake: 
 lets just hope the ponies are found and returned safely

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal