collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: When [if ever] will you consider your collection complete?  (Read 12699 times)

MissWhiteMascara

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: When [if ever] will you consider your collection complete?
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2012, 02:34:28 AM »
Since I've only just started collecting ponies, I haven't really worked out a goal yet! I see these ponies I want (usually online) but don't really work out if I'm going to get them  :lol:  I'd be really happy if I got all the ponies from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (I've got Cheerliee, Pinkie Pie, Sweetie Belle, Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash (though RD and Cheerliee don't have bangs :/)), but there are other ponies that I think are pretty like Lily Blossom and Cupcake that I'd like to get, and I'd like some of the playsets so I can sort of arrange the ponies around. So I don't think my collection will ever be 'complete', though that may change if I set a goal  ^.^

This is pretty easy for me. I only really like the G4s, so I suppose when they stop making them my collecting will be over.

That's how I feel, but then I worry; What if G5 ponies are almost as cool/just as cool/even cooler than G4s?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 02:39:52 AM by MissWhiteMascara »

Offline Eskara1862

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+172)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Fern Fiend
    • View Profile
    • The New Gray Mare
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2012, 05:20:30 AM »
Wow, I must be the real oddball!  When will my collection be complete?  Now.  I may not have every single pony I want, but I do have more ponies than I need. I've also come to the relization that I don't have room for everything. If I have so many ponies that the majority of them are stashed away in boxes and I never see them, then there's no point in having them. A couple years ago, I actually went through my collection and pretty much culled everything down to my childhood herd, the ones I really, really liked, and the ones I wanted as a child.  Now, every time I look at the ponies I do have, I smile and am content.

But that doesn't mean I won't pick up any pony I find at a thrift shop/flea market to share with the community!

Offline Nappercasper

• Oh Happy Tails
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2012, 05:42:37 AM »
My original goal was erased when i downsized. I will never stop looking for variants to add to my collection. But i nolonger have a need to buy every g1 out there. Ponies that come to my collection will most likely be there by chance/luck.

Offline Ginger

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • TE Bright Eyes Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2012, 06:01:59 AM »
I don't think my collection will ever be complete to the point of me no longer needing to collect! There are sets which I would like to complete, but there are always random ponies I buy and new ones I want coming out. For me personally, aiming to collect ALL of them is pretty unreasonable considering my circumstances. My goal is just to complete my favorite sets and then get my random favorites.

So the sets of all I want:
-Summer Wing Ponies
-Windy Wing Ponies
-All of G4 Standard Size ponies+babies
-G4 Glimmer Wings

And after that I might complete the flutters and maybe the breezies. I still haven't decided.

I like ponies with wings lol.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Wanted | Flickr | Tumblr | PonyDex

Offline CadePony

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Obsessed with My Little Pony and Transformers
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2012, 08:06:10 AM »
I guess my MLP collection will be complete when I have every single G4 release that I want.

:heart: Thanks Nence for my adoptables in my sig and avatar!  :heart:

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2012, 10:33:44 AM »
Well, my collection would be considered complete if the following goals are met:
- All G4 playful pony sets (includling vacation, glimmer wings and Light Up) collected, with all variants.
- One of each released G4 international bonus ponies collected, variants irrelevant.
- One of each released G4 playset (vehicles/riding along, buildings, story sets and pony sets) collected, variants irrelevant.
- One of each G4 So Soft pony collected
- All G4 blind bag ponies collected.
- Core 7 G3 ponies collected, dress-up set type only.
- Core 7 Tales ponies collected.
- Non-headbanging G2 Lady Sky Skimmer attained.
- All G4 episodes purchased on DVD
- G1 Coin operated ride acquired, pony irrelevant, but it has to talk with a polite little girl's voice in a charming British accent (unlike the one in the video Lancer uploaded to Youtube, but like the Paddington Bear and Spot the Dog rides at the local malls).

The last two, of course, are completely luck-based and depends on the position of the moon, stars, the location of the planet Earth in relative to Equestria through multiple dimensions, the state of mind of the CEO of Shout! Factory, the state of coin operated ride operators in the country, the state of my bank account, and the state of a monarch butterfly at latitude 0 degrees, longitude 0 degrees, altitude 1 meter at exactly midnight every day (the butterfly is the core of the chaos theory).

In layman terms, probably never  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 10:05:12 AM by RAMChYLD »
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2012, 10:55:45 AM »
what a great post.

well mine use to be g1 only but now i have to spilt it into g1 and g4. my g3 and g3.5 collecting are finished and im happy with my small heard of those ones.
g1 iv set a goal of if i get the other four adult seaponies and their accessories il finish g1 collecting, its going to be hard so it will take me awhile cos im on a budget and those babies are expensive for me. i like to keep things small so the first 4 yrs are my area so im keeping to those.

with g4 i guess il stop collecting if hasbro stops making the 3inch brushables.

im trying my hardest to not get into nirvanas that much LOL, its hard but being on a budget and being limited on space is helping me have collection limits :) or il never stop collecting

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2012, 11:03:45 AM »
I have never had any specific goal in mind. I just like the ponies I like. Sometimes I find myself falling for ponies I previously didn't care for, so the want list continues to grow. Plus, I collect all 4 main generations, and I have a long way to go before I attain all the ones I want (and hey, G4 has only just begun!) There are still so many rares/variants/nirvanas that I want but might never get. My collection will never be complete, but that's okay. The thrill of the hunt is awesome!
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

gravitationaltim

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2012, 11:11:18 AM »
I think I might be happy when I have all the G1 and G4 unicorns. I don't think I'll need to nitpick about getting all the variations available (though who knows in the future). I felt overcome with joy when Snowcatcher finally showed up in my Wal-Mart recently because she was the last G4 unicorn I didn't own (that was available in the US). So it's little goals like that which make the collection seem like it's filling up nicely.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2012, 11:15:08 AM »
Well.
I break my collection down into sections.

My childhood replacement collection only needs two ponies.

I have "just because I like it" collection, which has a rule of only ponies I pick up locally, ponies gifted to me / received in swaps, or some nirvanas.

And then I have my G4s , which of course , is dependent on what is released, but I probably will stick to white bodied ponies, and maybe blue. ... and ANYTHING shiny/glittery. 

I will certainly find the day that I am "done" -- I want a very limited collection -- I find no thrill in having to store collections in boxes (that is way too many to me), but , if I will always keep an eye out for them even after I am "done".
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 11:18:46 AM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2012, 12:01:10 PM »
Oh I forgot to add to my post I made before, but does anyone else keep expanding their wishlist as you acquire more?

Like at fist I was like
I only want the regular G4s
then I started on Fashion Style
then debated over baby ponies, got some of them
then needed the McDonald's figures
then now the blind bags, which I had no intention of getting before.

Right now I don't feel I need playsets, vehicles, or Shine Bright or Glimmer Wings versions of the mane 6 as long as there is no new or exclusive pony packaged with it but I'm afraid my mind might change later  :yikes:

« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 12:07:56 PM by 3377345 »

Online Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2012, 12:06:01 PM »
mine will be done when I feel that it's done. :>

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2012, 12:13:00 PM »
I consider pony collecting a life-long project, and my goals are big. For not having any ponies as a child, but definitely wanting them, my goals are to own every US and UK pony out there! ^_^ And then I have my dream goals like owning complete (or near complete) set of Greek babies, and Nirvana boy ponies (in the big brother molds- with the furry hooves).

Offline relcelestia

• Trade Count: (+107)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Argie Obsessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2012, 01:56:59 PM »
When i own EVERY ARGIE ever made!!!
that has been my goal for the last 2 years and so far I have 109 out of 129 which is about 85% complete!! :biggrin:

although we keep discovering new ones!! so thats super annoyling lol!  :argh: :shakefist: :doh:

but then IF i ever get all of them (which is highly unlikely) i suppose i will want to upgrade all of them to NM...
so chances are... my collection will NEVER be complete!  :yikes:

HEY [you]! Sell me your Argies! :dribble: Wishlist

Click HERE to see my 125 Argies!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2012, 06:52:20 PM »
I think the answer for me is "never"  and I like it that way  :accomplished:  I just love ponies too much, there are still new ponies being made and old ponies being discovered... variations.... accessories..   and if by some miracle I had absolutely everything, then I would still keep collecting more ponies for my armies :lol:  :lovey:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal