collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Selling questions Babies/Accessories ideas?  (Read 1510 times)

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
Selling questions Babies/Accessories ideas?
« on: January 20, 2012, 01:13:15 PM »
My lovely boyfriend just bought me a massive accessory lot. With the photos I've identified most of the pieces in it, save for a couple odds and ends. It was a really nice purchase. Has quite a few things I'm missing, which at this point is hard for me to get in lots. So yay! BUT one day I wouldn't mind being showcased on a TV piece for my collecting, I don't want to give anyone reason to call the hoarders shows on me however. lol. In addition to all the extras I already have, I'll have heaps more extras once this one comes in.

It should arrive while I'm gone visiting my parents. I have a hoard of extra babies, and even more random accessories in storage at their house.

Option #1 Do you think it would be worth it for me to bring my sales babies/Acc back home and match them with corresponding accessories from this lot?

Option #2 Or (being the accessory freak I am) should I put together packages (i.e baby moondancers rocker, bottle, duckie, necklace etc) and sell them in little sets that like so people can complete their babies. I've noticed a lot of collectors just want the pony, and can take or leave the bits and pieces that come along with.

Option #3 Match accessories to any really NM or better baby. Split up accessories into sets for rest and sell without a pony, sell all other babies as singles.

Either way, I'll have to break most of these into some kind of lot/set or else it would take forever to re-home them piece by piece. (and with shipping from my location, I doubt many could justify paying $5 shipping to get a single baby necklace)

Other ideas welcome as well!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Selling questions Babies/Accessories ideas?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 01:15:32 PM »
Oh! I like the idea of splitting it onto Ponies and Accessories - so you would have a Baby Moondancer for X$ and then a little set of her accessories for $X. This way people can buy them together if they wish or just buy the pony or just by the accessories!

Just my thought...

Have fun when the lot arrives....there is NOTHING more fun than going through a box of accessories.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 01:21:13 PM »
I agree with Cat.  You should really split it up to avoid confusion!

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 01:25:21 PM »
Thanks! That's what I was thinking.
LOL, This is how I end up with so many extra ponies and accessories in the first place, find one  in beautiful shape and check her off my list, but end up buying another later *just* to get whatever accessories that were sold with her. And, sometimes another later because it comes with that last elusive piece. *Hoard! *cough* Hoard!*

I figure at least that way, someone who just wants the pony can have what they want, and someone who's just looking to complete a pony they already own can get what they want too (May as well use my Acc id'ing for something). Or, if you want both- you can have em! (maybe at a special price? or something). And nobody is paying shipping for stuff they don't want anyway.

I am really excited! It will be like digging into a box of treasures. :D

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 02:37:53 PM »
Oh, that sounds like an awesome lot to go through!  You should have lots of fun.  :)

I also like the idea of having the baby and then having his/her accessories.  I, for one, am starting to buy accessories as I have a lot of the babies I want (and can afford.)  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal