collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: PLEASE READ: A Pony PSA  (Read 13420 times)

Quill

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: A Pony PSA
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2012, 02:58:09 PM »
Oh my gosh! That is so terrible. :( I really hope at least some of those ponies are found and returned.

flyawayraven

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2012, 03:03:43 PM »
Her own son did this?! Oh my god that's horrible! I can't really afford to buy ponies at the moment but if for some reason one winds up in San Francisco, I'll make certain she finds her way home.

If he were my son I'd tell him to not visit me ever. That is completely uncalled for. If he's angry either flat out say so or don't help at all. Don't take it on bystanders. What a monster!

Offline Summer-blade

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=100000958584055
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2012, 03:14:45 PM »
what an awful thing to happen!

You know what mission accepted! Time to find those ponies who else is with me? Anyway we can get a list of what ponies she had?

Bee-chan

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2012, 03:27:36 PM »
what an awful thing to happen!

You know what mission accepted! Time to find those ponies who else is with me? Anyway we can get a list of what ponies she had?

I'd love to know myself! If there is any way we in the pony community can help, I think it would be great!

PandoraFox

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2012, 03:31:28 PM »
Oh my what a horribly story.
With where I live I doubt I'll ever come across one of those ponies, but I know where they'd go if I ever found any. Straight back home.
What a horrible brother and son.
And not only ponies but hundreds of dollars of goods and family heirlooms too. What is wrong with this guy?

And how horrible of that woman not to give those ponies back. Mind you, if I'd randomly find a box full of ponies that seemed like they were no longer wanted I'd take them home too, but to keep them after the situation was explained... bah some people are just nasty.

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2012, 03:35:06 PM »
How horrible, I hope the culprit is silly enough to list those ponies....

I added the location in the first thread, I hope the OP does not mind!
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2012, 03:42:28 PM »
What a sad story. =( If I were that mom, I would have followed that woman!
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2012, 04:07:08 PM »
I don't know if the letter writer is reading this thread, but it may be helpful to go to the police and report some of these items as stolen. If that woman has kept those ponies (with the marks, they would be easily spotted on the sales market) perhaps she could get them back with police involvement. There should be no reason that she should have to BUY back anything that was stolen from her! (I can understand not wanting to explain how the items were stolen though. :( )

When a piece of my mail went missing (contained a number of MOC's)  a few years ago, I had suspected it may have been miss-delivered. I went into my ebay account and had e-bay e-mail alert me whenever anything MLP was listed within my postal code, in the chance someone kept my mail and tried to sell it. Same with craigslist, or kajiji. they have a system set up that e-mails you if your keywords come up.

Offline Ginger

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • TE Bright Eyes Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2012, 04:22:00 PM »
SO sad!!! I wish we had a list of her ponies too, it'd make searching so much easier. I just ran an ebay search useing the postal code and no big lots came up or anything. If the person who took them is researching them for individual sale it'd probably take a while for them to pop up I'd imagine...

Great suggestion FantasticFirefly, I didn't know you could do that on craigslist!!!

Wanted | Flickr | Tumblr | PonyDex

Offline okapishomapi

• Programming Pony
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • NERD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2012, 04:57:54 PM »
How horrible, I hope the culprit is silly enough to list those ponies....

I added the location in the first thread, I hope the OP does not mind!

Of course not! I'm glad the community cares about this as much as I do. I was a little afraid you guys would think I'm stupid :3

Thank you, taxel and Antlercat!
Okapi's Want List ~ Fishmeal Ref ~ Shomapi Ref

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2012, 05:17:38 PM »
That is so sad.  :(

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Babushka

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2012, 05:28:01 PM »
How cruel!

However, if this gets passed around enough, I know that we, the pony community, will be on the lookout.
If I purchase any ponies from Ebay or like from Texas, KNOW I will check.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2012, 05:34:26 PM »
What kind of brother does something like that? I mean, my brothers aren't fans of my pony collection, but they know how much they mean to me, and would never even think of doing something like that. I know if it was me, I'd have the brother arrested for theft (since he didn't have permission to take all he did) which would mean the woman who took them would be in possession of stolen property, so the police may be able to get them back. If anyone in my family did that to me, they'd be disowned. Family or not.

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2012, 05:35:14 PM »
I don't know if the letter writer is reading this thread, but it may be helpful to go to the police and report some of these items as stolen. If that woman has kept those ponies (with the marks, they would be easily spotted on the sales market) perhaps she could get them back with police involvement. There should be no reason that she should have to BUY back anything that was stolen from her! (I can understand not wanting to explain how the items were stolen though. :( )

I agree with this. It sounds like a lot more than ponies were stolen- the writer also mentioned antiques, family heirlooms, DVDs, and CDs. If it's that involved, maybe calling the police wouldn't hurt.

I just can't get over how disrespectful that is of that guy to do that to his family. I don't care how angry he was- he knew he was hurting his mom and sister and that is an awfully low blow. When I'm mad at my family, I may say hurtful things, but I don't sell their stuff! This is beyond infuriating.

Offline Brightglowpony

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2012, 05:53:01 PM »
It took me a minute to even comprehend what I was reading.  That is awful that someone would do that to anyone, let alone family.  I too will keep a look out for those ponies- hopefully with the community looking out at least some will turn up.
Wishlist
Thank you to Witch for my stunning avatar!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal