collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: PLEASE READ: A Pony PSA  (Read 13410 times)

Offline okapishomapi

• Programming Pony
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • NERD!
    • View Profile
PLEASE READ: A Pony PSA
« on: January 20, 2012, 12:47:55 PM »
Hey, guys! So Summer Hayes just posted this on her blog and I thought I'd post it here too, so that more pony people see it.

Just adding this bit of info to make it easier to find: this happened in Spring, TX which is near Houston, TX for those who are keeping an eye out :) OL1

Dear Summer,

I am writing to let you know about something awful that happened to my daughter. She is 30 now, but played with her beloved My Little Ponies when she was a child in the 80s for hundreds of hours. They have been stored safely in a box in her room for years while she has been teaching overseas.

At Christmas, her brother came home, supposedly to help me clean out the garage, as my health is not good. I told him and my daughter told him that her My Little Pony collection was NOT to be touched, but he was in a very angry mood. He not only threw out my entire DVD collection and about half my CD's, he ripped the box of My Little Ponies, anywhere from 50 to 100 of them; I can't remember, from my hands, saying he just talked to his sister in Finland and she didn't want them anymore. I instantly called her in Finland and she practically had a nervous breakdown. I ran out and he had taken my car and was gone. I assumed he donated them to Goodwill, like he did the DVDs, but they have been very good and very honest with me, giving me back about 60 of my DVDs they hadn't sold yet, and they told me they hadn't received any My Little Pony donations, and indeed, there were none for sale in their store.I then went tearing back home, thinking my son put the pony box in the Bagster, and sure enough he did, but as I drove up, I saw a woman grab them and drive off with them.

She came back day after day and I asked her for my daughter's collection back, but she says she doesn't know what I was talking about. I finally told her if she returned I would call the police.

This woman was driving an expensive car and dressed expensively, so it is my belief she is going to try and sell this collection, perhaps on ebay, maybe through private channels. If we could recover even three or four, it would go a love way toward healing my daughter's heart.

My daughter always wrote her initials, MES for Meghan Elizabeth Smith, in permanent marker on the bottom of one hoof, and the pony's name on another hoof, so that is how they can be identified as hers. Can you help me spread the word among the My Little Pony collecting community, and if anyone runs across a pony with the initials "MES," written on the hoof, could I be notified so I can buy it back for her? She is just brokenhearted and in tears at the thought that her most beloved childhood toys were taken from her, and I am brokenhearted not only for that, but also for the cruel and heartless and dishonest behavior of her brother.

My son got the garage clean alright, but in the process I lost priceless family heirlooms and thousands of dollars in antique lace and pearl buttons. (I used to design and make doll clothes.) To see these wealthy women dumpster diving in my poor little neighborhood just made me sick. I would chase them off and and bring as much as I could back inside, but they just parked around the corner, and the moment I went inside they were back stealing whatever they could grab from the dumpster. It was pretty horrifying.

But the thing that is killing me the most is my beloved daughter losing her carefully preserved My Little Pony collection after all these years, for no reason other than the meanness of her brother, I will never understand it.

Can you help me spread the word and maybe, if my prayers are answered, and with the help of the good people of the My Little Pony world, we can get her at least a few of her ponies back.

Thank you,
Pat Smith
writing as Fat Cat on Blogger

This is sad and ridiculous - I just hopes one of us ends up with the ponies so we can send them back!

(Not sure if Summer's blog is competing - please delete if so - but this: http://mylittleponycollector.blogspot.com/2012/01/while-on-vacation-i-received-following.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MyLittlePonyCollector+%28My+Little+Pony+Collector%29 is Summer's original post.)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 10:32:28 AM by okapishomapi »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you, taxel and Antlercat!
Okapi's Want List ~ Fishmeal Ref ~ Shomapi Ref

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
Re: A Pony PSA
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 12:51:59 PM »
Oh my!!

what a terrible story!

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 01:11:11 PM »
that is so horrible :( what a horrible brother! I'd make him pay out of pocket for those lost ponies.
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline Eskara1862

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+172)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Fern Fiend
    • View Profile
    • The New Gray Mare
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 01:15:38 PM »
I added a comment on Summers blog about this, asking what state it occured in.  I think we should be keeping an eye on Craigs List and local news papers as well as eBay. But, it's kind of important to know which state to be looking in.
I feel so horrible for the family this happened to.  What a shame the brother did this.  I really hope everything can be tracked down!

Offline Jadis4742

• Trade Count: (+124)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • All the shy pose ponies, please!
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Nerdy
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 01:16:07 PM »
I hereby motion that we should sticky this. How horrible!

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 01:21:04 PM »
I second that notion. This story really burns my poffins! That is a horrible, horrible thing for a brother to do!

The post was edited to mention that this happened in Texas, so maybe some southern Ponies can keep an eye out.

Offline okapishomapi

• Programming Pony
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • NERD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 01:35:35 PM »
I noticed you had posted, Eskara - that was a good idea to ask for clarification on the location. I'm just hoping the ponies end up on eBay or CL and not in some local shop where we have no chance of seeing them :(

Thank you, taxel and Antlercat!
Okapi's Want List ~ Fishmeal Ref ~ Shomapi Ref

FlyingPonyMonster

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 01:51:20 PM »
Oh no how terrible!!!!!

Monsterelli

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 01:53:16 PM »
I just read this on her blog, I can't even imagine.. so terrible & sad. :( I really hope somehow they can be found, I think a sticky would be a good idea too.

Offline willa

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Greek Ladybird Mint in Egg
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2012, 01:57:22 PM »
This is such an awful story... A few of those ponies are bound to show up and at least they will be able to be identified... lets hope someone can find a few for her x
SEEKING... Princess Taffeta & Pristina, 7 Tales Bon Bon and Peru Unicorns Moonstone & Windy x

Offline tehrin

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2012, 01:58:43 PM »
Augh how horrible! T____T

Hopefully the ponies can be recovered.

The blog said the State was Texas and the zipcode:  77380 or 77381 Which is Spring, Texas. Looks to not be too far from Houston (closest major city) Maybe that will help others trying to locate it!

(also click for my sales here. :3)

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2012, 02:34:35 PM »
Oh, how horrible.  I feel heartsick just reading that.  :(

Hopefully, the pony community can keep an eye out and recover the ponies.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Bee-chan

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2012, 02:43:29 PM »
That is TERRIBLE!

I'm going to be doing a LOT of G1 and G3 shopping on eBay this year for my own collection, but if ANY of the ponies show up with MES and the ponys name on the hooves, I'll gladly send them to her. Heading over to that journal now.

Offline DoctorMowinckel

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • A good companion in a weird sort of way.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.edwardrmowinckel.com
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2012, 02:48:05 PM »
If you follow the link through to her blog, she mentions the zip codes for her location;

"If you see ponies for sale with the seller's zip code of
 77380 0r 77381, they are likely from my daughter's collection and I
 would appreciate knowing about it so I can approach the seller and
 get them back, either through the goodness of their hearts or by
 paying for them."

Sounds like a bad situation, I hope she gets her ponies back!

I have a blag about ponies.

PrincessLuna

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2012, 02:53:35 PM »
i didn't even have to read the whole thing to break into tears. I have a brother and he is THE most important thing in my life. I know that he would do anything like that to me, and to hear about a brother that would seriously Pis*es me off. He needs a good slap in the face and a rude awakening that if he acts like that he is not going to have a family anymore.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal