collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Special: Why Do Gouls Fall In Love On Nickelodeon February 12th  (Read 2023 times)

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
In case anyone hasn't seen they have a trailer for it on monsterhigh.com                  http://www.monsterhigh.com/videos

It looks like Draculaura's sweet 1600 will also be featured in this special, but the thing I don't like is they're computer animated, it looks horrible in my opinion. :(

BTW, it's at 1pm.

I was trying to post this on the old forum, during the transition but I don't think it went through.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 05:13:11 AM by Majesty »

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
darn! looks like i will miss it :( no cable!

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
I missed the halloween one when it first aired but they did post it on the monster high website or the youtube channel some time after so don't worry you will still get to see it. :)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
I don't think it looks too bad and like you said the Sweet 1600 dolls are going to be in it so I think they went with the style they did so the Sweet 1600 tinsel doesn't end up looking like chunky streaks like Cleo's gold tinsel does. That is the main advantage CGI has over hand drawn is that it is easier to get fine details in.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Bee-chan

• Trade Count: (0)
I don't think it looks too bad and like you said the Sweet 1600 dolls are going to be in it so I think they went with the style they did so the Sweet 1600 tinsel doesn't end up looking like chunky streaks like Cleo's gold tinsel does. That is the main advantage CGI has over hand drawn is that it is easier to get fine details in.

Actually, that's not always the case. They can just as easily hand draw the show in 2D, frame by frame, in an animation program, draw in the simple lines for the hair tinsel, then create an effect JUST for the hair tinsel, like how one can recolor the lines of a black and white line art piece in Photoshop. We see it in a lot 2D shows today, so it is possible.

But Mattel doesn't seem to really catch up with what is in and wanted as quickly as Hasbro does now. Me thinks Mattel still thinks that 3D is the way to go in animation to make things, "cool".

Sadly, this animation crew made the characters seem really dull, to be honest. But I don't think it's entirely their fault. From what I could tell with that teaser trailer, it LOOKS like they wanted to push the boundaries more, there are some SUPER dynamic shots in there from a animation and story telling stand point, and it looks like they had some great ideas.

However, I have a bad feeling that Mattel did what so many companies tend to do to the animation companies they hire on, and told them, "it has to be animated, it has to be awesome, but it has to be done for this little amount of money and it needs to be all done by tomorrow, from start to finish. It's all about the SCHEDULE, and to heck with what you think about it as artists.".

Yeah, I see too many published artists pieces suffer because their publishers simply want something they can slap on a product, without any thought to the artistic merit.

Sorry, touchy subject for me. ^^;;;

Back to the original topic!

Despite not digging the CG animation, I still am planning on watching this. The idea of Lala ( sorry, I kind of have a difficult time calling her Draculaura now, after reading the books. Lala just sounds cuter! XP ) liking any boy other than Clawde bugs me. They make such a cute couple!

Besides, I do have to support Monster High as much as I can! I can't collect all of the dolls ( need the room for ponies, though I DO want the Lala doll from the Clawde and Lala set! ), but I need to show my support still in other ways!

~~Bee

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Hey guys....just curious. How is this show?

I'm going to be honest....it kinda reminds me of the CGI animated Bratz shows which were horrible in plot and characterization. I remember my cousin and I watching it and just making fun of it and laughing hysterically. Is this show that shallow?

Cuz if not, it looks really pretty and I may just give it a go. Have they released any DVDs of it yet?
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline MLPgal13

• Trade Count: (+123)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Thanks for my Avie Calico <3
    • View Profile
Shoot I missed it!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal