collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sales Post Format  (Read 2572 times)

Offline SailorEarth

• Xena: Warrior Pony
  • Trade Count: (+165)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I have many skills
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cosplaycassie.com
Sales Post Format
« on: January 19, 2012, 11:01:22 PM »
I need to refresh my sales post with a new layout but I wanted to ask around and find out what people prefer. I currently have it set up so that my pictures are all in my actual post but I was considering making use of an off-site photo album. Personally, when I run across a sales post with just a link to an album I feel like I'm less inclined to buy from them because it feels like a hassle to click through however many pages of stuff I'm not interested in just to find the one pony I want. On the other hand, if you have a lot to sell with tons of pictures it might deter people from even letting the sales post load depending on their connection speed. I'm thinking about going back to individual pony pictures instead of group shots and even though I've sold the bulk of them that's still a lot of pictures.

Another option would be to keep the group pictures for quicker loading times and have individual pictures in an off-site album if people are interested. The descriptions and prices would remain in my post so buyers would have all the information at hand. I would probably also include prices on the album for any non-Arena people who might happen along. I've also seen some sales pages with lists of the pony names only and they're linked to off-site albums. They go directly to the pony so no digging is required.

TLDR
  • Group shots on Arena page with links to individual shots in an off-site album, descriptions/prices on Arena page
  • All individual shots in Arena post with descriptions/prices
  • List of pony names that are linked to individual shots in an off-site album, descriptions/prices listed in off-site album
Please feel free to weigh in, I'd like to know what you guys think  ^.^ 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Wish List~Pony Sales
Thanks Lina & Rainbowjuice for my adoptables!

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
Re: Sales Post Format
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 11:07:08 PM »
I always prefer individual shots.

Or at least have the ponies in the photo listed so that they will show up in a search.

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 11:12:17 PM »
I like individual shots as well. I think it easier to concentrate on the pony you want versus looking at alll the ponies in one pic!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 11:12:47 PM »
It can definitely deter me a little to have to go to a different site to see pics - mostly because they tend to be really slow on my connection. Photobucket especially can be such a pain to get through, even after the photos have loaded. So I personally do prefer that the pics are all in the same thread - at least that way, I can open a new tab or window and continue browsing while the photos load, and once they're done, it's good to go.

But it's also not nearly as bad doing half and half as you mentioned - just have one shot of each pony (group or single) in your thread, and have detailed photos elsewhere. Still kind of a bother, but not as bad.
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline CuteyBina3

• Trade Count: (+93)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 12:22:00 AM »
Yeah I have individual ponies in my sales topic pictures, and a link to my photobucket album, in case people want to see more pics. :)

If you've got loads to sell, i think multiple ponys per picture isnt too bad. :D

Offline Eskara1862

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+172)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Fern Fiend
    • View Profile
    • The New Gray Mare
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 05:37:45 AM »
Put the photos in Spoiler tags!  That way, you can have multiple shots of each pony with its description, but they won't slow up or stretch the page too much.

Spoiler

I for one don't like going to another site to see the images.  But, I'm lazy and like to have everything in one convenient place  :relaxed:

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 01:59:28 PM »
I normally post a link to my photobucket account, and use the tiny thumbnail pics to highlight the desirable ponies I have for sale :)

I find that most people are afraid to make offers, so I try to put pricing and rough condition in the titles of the pics in photobucket. For example:  $8 NM Cotton Candy or something to that effect.
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 02:29:48 PM »
I have (had; I need to write a new one) a sales page with individual links to sales albums on photobucket (g1/g2/g3 are all seperate albums.)  I prefer individual photos of the ponies because they give more detail and, honestly, a long sales thread takes longer for my server to download than photobucket takes.  I also have links in my siggy. *Points down.*  :)

I do list the quality of the pony (issues, condition) as well as prices in the title with the name of the pony because most people don't like to make offers but I always say that I am also open to offers and trades. 
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline SailorEarth

• Xena: Warrior Pony
  • Trade Count: (+165)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I have many skills
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cosplaycassie.com
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 03:15:57 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! The spoiler feature could come in handy, I never even considered that  ^.^

Wish List~Pony Sales
Thanks Lina & Rainbowjuice for my adoptables!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal