collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Canada to US, what's up?  (Read 3687 times)

Offline Leopard_Print_Unicorn

• New Wave pony on your Lisa Frank notebook
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Canada to US, what's up?
« on: January 19, 2012, 05:48:09 PM »
Around Christmas or slightly after, I bought 2 ponies from 2 separate sellers here on the Arena. Both live in Canada. I have received neither pony yet. I PM'ed the sellers yesterday, but have not received replies, which is totally understandable considering the Arena move.

I know it usually takes a while from Canada, like 2 weeks or so, but I've received a couple of ponies from Europe since I bought these two from Canada. Is the Canada to US mail being super slow, or could they be held up in customs? I think it would be too much coincidence that both are issues with the sellers, especially since I've bought from one before without any issues.
Formerly known as ponyRN.

Offline Varkolak

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic <3
    • View Profile
Re: Canada to US, what's up?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 06:47:11 PM »
it could be the mail, i had a package coming from canada and it took a while. could it be still the post office getting sorted out since the holidays? or that the US had a holiday on monday?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 07:15:22 PM »
I dont think you should be too worried just yet - it hasnt been long and the items were sent during the holidays so delays often happen at that time  :hug:  It does seem like the post is slow from Canada at the moment too, so I'd give it another few weeks. Hopefully your parcels will arrive soon :)

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline jwalraven

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Jwal's DeviantART
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 01:26:51 PM »
It could be held up in customs. During the swap I was in over the holidays, my Canadian partner got her pony 3 weeks after I sent it because it got lost in the US mail and then held up at customs whereas hers only took about a couple of weeks. Also if I remember correctly, Canadian post doesn't go on the weekends.

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 01:38:38 PM »
Yes, I hope they're just held up. I did e-mail both sellers at the paypal e-mail addresses (multiple e-mail addresses in one case) just in case they don't know the Arena is back up and running, so I'll wait to see what I hear. I still have a little over 2 weeks before I have to file any paypal claims, but I'd really hate to do that if these are honest sellers and the issue is with the post office. However, the two items combined, plus shipping, are over $60 so that's not something I'm willing to just write off.

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 02:49:54 PM »
Update! One of my Canadian ponies arrived today safe and sound. The other seller responded to my message and said she would check with her post office, but since I paid her before the seller of the pony I received today, I sent her another e-mail to see if she has found anything out yet.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 06:43:59 PM »
yay! thats great news that one of your ponies has arrived :cheer:  maybe your other pony will show up in the next few days as well :)  Thanks for keeping us updated with the situation :hug:

:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 08:01:42 PM »
Yeah... post is slow...  keep an eye on your deadlines, communicate with your seller, and best of luck that it arrives soon!  *crosses hooves* 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 09:57:35 AM »
I totally concur canada to US sucks right now!  I am still waiting on a package of ponies I bought from suecee and I am sure it is just stuck in postal limbo... so it's over a month now... hoping it all resolves positively for you = glad at least part of your stuff is in your hands!

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 02:47:18 PM »
Maycrestmom, that's who I'm still waiting on, too. I have e-mailed her several times and she keeps telling me that she's "going to have the post track it down." Last night she said she could get me a scan or a pic of her postal receipt as proof that she mailed it. If not, I am going to open a paypal case because I paid on Dec. 21 so my window is about to close. I strongly suggest you do the same.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2012, 06:41:42 PM »
I agree with PonyRN - do open the case before the 45 day deadline closes  maycrestmom.  Unfortunately Suecee is known for having issues with her  local PO/ missing/late parcels .  I really hope that both of you get your parcels from her soon.

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2012, 07:04:24 PM »
Yes, and if the post office truly did lose the parcels, then hopefully she can get a refund from the post office, but we as the buyers cannot. I do not have an e-mail from her tonight and if I don't tomorrow morning I am going to contact paypal.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2012, 02:47:59 AM »
Its best to make a seperate TS thread as well please , because it seems at least 2 people are having issues with Suecee right now and there might be more people who havent said anything yet :awake:   If there is a thread with  her name in the title it will get other peoples attention and likely it will also get Suecees attention  too, so she can see who she needs to sort things out with ;)

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2012, 09:17:07 AM »
oh geez I totally didn't realize about Suecee = seeing another post about receiving a buncha her taf babies = totally thought it was just a slow post due to end of the year = I know I only just now got a Dec post from the UK as well = but yep, didn't mean to hijack the thread...

I'll go get on the PM's and posts about all that = again, I am kinda forgiving as I know the arena was then down, and it was holiday nuttiness and heck it sometimes take 3 days for my mom's cards to reach me (and she's all of a half hour away - not often, but on occasion) ,and then I've been waaaaay to sick to be hanging here

coolio = thanks for the heads up and hope your other pony package arrives PonyRN!!

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2012, 09:47:11 AM »
Its best to make a seperate TS thread as well please , because it seems at least 2 people are having issues with Suecee right now and there might be more people who havent said anything yet :awake:   If there is a thread with  her name in the title it will get other peoples attention and likely it will also get Suecees attention  too, so she can see who she needs to sort things out with ;)

Done!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal