collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone have any selling or buying luck on Etsy?  (Read 5914 times)

Offline EmberBright

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Disregard the Prologue - my blog about... um... everything
Re: Anyone have any selling or buying luck on Etsy?
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2012, 05:06:12 AM »
I hate ebay, but, if you need cash for something, it is the best way to get top dollar for it. When you are broke, every dollar helps lol.

Every dollar helps... except when they hold your funds for a month after the sale. This is why I don't use eBay anymore- if I need the money, I can't afford to wait until they decide I'm trustworthy. :/

As for Etsy... I have a bunch of G1 ponies listed in my shop. I've sold a couple, but it's not exactly a booming marketplace. I've never got a super good deal on ponies there, but I think that's partly because it's not auction format- you're never going to find a pony listed at 99 cents that the seller hoped would go higher. Mine are priced fairly, but not super low- if I listed them at $1 each, that's all I could possibly get for them... if that makes sense.

My shop is supposed to be mainly for customs, but it's almost entirely G1 ponies right now! I sold an Applejack with a chewed ear (disclosed in the listing and photos, of course!) and a plush Starshine before Christmas. Not the worst place to sell ponies, but there's a lot more traffic here.

Disregard the Prologue

Offline Alexia

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://easternsunsetcreations.webs.com/
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2012, 06:38:09 AM »
I check for ponies on etsy at least once a week.  I have bought a few ponies from there (I got a flawless Streaky for a good price).  A lot of times sellers on etsy are willing to work out prices too, so you can make an offer.  I have only sold customs on etsy so far but it is so much cheaper to list items, I think its .20 cents to list for 3 months (correct me if i am wrong), so its a nice way to go if you don't need to sell immediately.

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2012, 07:50:13 AM »
I don't have an account there, but I do like to browse. Unfortunately it seems like 99% of the ponies on there are insanely overpriced! I don't know where these people are getting their prices from, but they certainly don't seem to be in the know. =P For this reason, it seems like some ponies don't get sold, but well...it's pretty obvious why.

But I do wish luck to those of you with shops there! I'm sure if you're charging what things are actually worth, you'll have better luck than other people.
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline EmberBright

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Disregard the Prologue - my blog about... um... everything
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2012, 02:11:11 PM »
I don't have an account there, but I do like to browse. Unfortunately it seems like 99% of the ponies on there are insanely overpriced! I don't know where these people are getting their prices from, but they certainly don't seem to be in the know. =P For this reason, it seems like some ponies don't get sold, but well...it's pretty obvious why.

I'm looking right now. Non-mint Glory listed for $30... Honeycomb for $75 (too bad- I want her!)... almost-bait Moondancer for $45... Tickle for $75... Flutterbye for $90  :whoa:

I don't know how these people are getting their prices!  :what: There are better ones, though.

Disregard the Prologue

Offline Yarmulke

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2012, 07:18:43 PM »
I think instead of researching non pony people think vintage ponies are all worth a mint since they have seen some like that. I think you are all right. If the prices are good, they will most likely sell. Although it takes the rush of maybe getting a pony for beans away, in the end getting a pony you really want is totally worth it.

Offline tehrin

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2012, 07:59:25 PM »
I think people overprice them thinking that because they are vintage that they're ALL worth a mint. Especially with 80's stuff being popular, not to mention FiM. They don't really go out to research the particular pony to figure out if it's common, and what it should go for the condition it's in. They're just like "Eh, I think it should sell for $70!". But then, it'll just sit in their account and won't sell, and they can't figure out why. XD

I've actually seen some Ebay sellers do the same. There's one pony I've been looking for who usually goes for about $10-15 minty. One seller has it and it's covered in ink stains, has cancer, and has a part completely broken off on it. They wanted $40 for it for ages, and now it's down to $20. But it still won't sell for that because it's honestly bait, or in real need of restoration.

It looks like a lot of ponies that are on Etsy don't sell quickly. There's a few I've been eyeballing and keep bookmarked there for when I have the extra money. :o Great for buyers though!

But as far as selling goes, if you're looking for the money quicker, I'd either sell it here or on Ebay.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

(also click for my sales here. :3)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal