collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Someone looking for their childhoos ponies  (Read 1673 times)

Offline Driva

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lindasmlp.webs.com/
Someone looking for their childhoos ponies
« on: January 21, 2012, 05:43:24 AM »
This was linked from a swedish pony forum, but I thought it was so terrible and sad I post it here to.
(I tried to see if someone wrote about it before but didnt find anything)

It is a girl whos brother thru away all her ponies and when her mother tried to get them back from the dumpster she saw a women drive off with them. Her daughter is heartbroken and she wonder if anyone has some of her daughters childhood ponies and would like to buy them back
They are marked with her initals under one hoove. The mother writes this : My daughter always wrote her initials, MES for Meghan Elizabeth Smith, in permanent marker on the bottom of one hoof, and the pony's name on another hoof, so that is how they can be identified as hers.

Read the whole story here:
http://mylittleponycollector.blogspot.com/2012/01/while-on-vacation-i-received-following.html

Lon-san

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Someone looking for their childhoos ponies
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 06:47:14 AM »
-_- That brother. What a useless creature (not the first words to come to mind). To be honest, I think it should be a while before he's welcome at the family home again.  Why did he do something so cruel? Because he was cracky about having to help sort out the garage? :argh: Cripes.

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 06:53:58 AM »
OMG.  That's so terrible and sad.  I don't know who's worse, the mean-spirited brother, or the greedy lady who snatched the ponies.

I'm generally a kind and generous person, but I'm also quite territorial; I don't like having my stuff messed with.  Especially my ponies.  And ESPECIALLY my childhood ponies.

I've heard other members describe having their ponies taken by mean-spirited people.  I remember one Arena member posting about how her father-in-law disapproved of her collection.  So he solved his problem by throwing away all her ponies.  If that happened to me, I don't know if I would cry or scream or go on a TOTAL RAMPAGE.  Probably all of them, especially the rampage.  I would be SORELY TEMPTED to do something that might be considered crazy, like pulverizing everything he owned with a baseball bat, that's how mad I would be.  I don't know if I'd actually go through with it; I guess I shouldn't, but I would be really, really tempted.  You just don't treat other people and their sacred property that way.  Ponies may just be plastic horses, but to me, they mean so much more.

Wow, I would be so indescribably devastated and infuriated if someone did that on purpose.  (Though I wouldn't feel that way if the ponies were damaged by someone who really didn't know any better, like a pet or a very young child.  That would be a sort of tragic accident, and I'd be angry and upset for sure, but you can't blame someone who doesn't understand.)

OK, so I'll keep an eye out for ponies with the initials MES and the pony's name, especially if they're being sold in Texas and/or zip code 77380 or 77381.  And is there any way we can find out which ponies are missing?  Feel free to send me the woman's contact info.  If I EVER come across one of Meghan's ponies, I will definitely contact her, even if it's many years in the future.

Spread the word and help mend this poor young lady's broken heart! 
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

MissDeliana

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 07:04:50 AM »
Wow. That is _horrible_. If that was my brother or my son, I would just totally cut him off. What an absolutely horrible thing to do. I will keep my eye out while browsing ebay.

I wonder if she has a list of what ponies were in that collection?

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 07:21:40 AM »
This has been posted in both the corral and in TS already, so I am going to go ahead and lock this one up :)
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal