collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G4 Minty: What's The Word???  (Read 10221 times)

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
G4 Minty: What's The Word???
« on: January 19, 2012, 02:14:07 PM »
Sorry I'm sure you guys don't know but I'm just frustrated because I wanted her.  Was she even official, like was she a custom someone had made or something photoshopped?

I figured maybe we'd see her for Christmas because she's known for winter and Christmas.  I know winter isn't over but I figured she would have shown up by now.  Maybe she's like the breast cancer awareness pony where she only showed up on ebay for a milisecond. 
:work:

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
Re: G4 Minty: What's The Word???
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 02:30:45 PM »
I've wondered that too!

megt19

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 02:43:59 PM »
I'm pretty sure it is a really pony, not photo-shopped, they were selling on eBay for $100+ a while back, the same seller also had G4 Scootaloo for similar prices at the time.  I figured it was a seller who was able to get them straight from the factory or something as they weren't packaged.  Scootaloo has been available in stores recently, so I am still hopeful that Minty will show up soon too!  She was very cute!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 02:47:16 PM »
There were a very small number available on Taobao that someone snapped up and then they turned up on ebay....she looked pretty legit....

I am sure So Silver mentioned in his thread on the old Arena about when he visited Hasbro Italy that there was a possibility she would be a bonus pony - that seems reasonable confirmation that she will hit shelves eventually....

But at the end of the day until we can walk into Walmart or Tesco or Toys R Us or whatever your local toy/super shop is or until she shows her pretty little face on Hasbro.com or until an "in box" version shows up on Taobao, we will all be guessing
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

ZettaMomo

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 05:03:16 PM »
I remember it being mentioned that she may be a prototype pony that was never 'officially' released. I was really wishing she would come out during  Christmas time.
Maybe we will get lucky and have her this year! I would grab her right away.

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 06:02:39 PM »
I'm pretty sure she was 'real' too. I've seen a couple pics from people who got her off taobao.
I'm hoping so much that she is officially released sometime. I love her colors so much!

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 06:04:35 PM »
I think that Hasbro will most likely release her at some point. She's not a risky pony to release you know? If they look at past productions of her she has always been extremely popular and I think they are safe in assuming she will be popular again. I bet because of their awareness of her popularity she will be included as an extra in a more expensive set as an incentive to buy it. Hopefully I'm wrong though and she comes out as a single :P and soon! We never thought we'd get the blind bags here in the US, and that's happening now.

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 06:38:13 PM »
It would be nice if they would mass produce her. :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline StormyMLP

• Captain Jack Pony
  • Actually a pegasus!
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2012, 07:04:22 PM »
MIIIIIIIINTTTTTTTTYYYYYYYYY! OH PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE let her be real I will spazz and raid every store until I find her if she is real.

Also it'd be awesome if she showed up in the show. I keep looking for Lily Blossom and THINKING that I see her, only to find out it's the wrong pony.

;3; Let it be sooo~

Offline okiegurl1981

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://okiegurl1981.deviantart.com/
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2012, 07:12:12 PM »
*sigh*  I really really really hope we see her soon!
Facebook | Deviantart | Etsy

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2012, 08:17:06 PM »
I hope she is released, minty is such a cute pony, it would be a shame for them to skip over her :( we need more green ponies too!

Offline fireextinquisher

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://fireextinquisher.tumblr.com
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2012, 04:07:27 AM »
I hope she comes out officially, I love Minty!

Thanks to sabathamk and monstarnomnom (icon)

Lon-san

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2012, 04:34:06 AM »
The word, friend, is GIVEITTOMENOW. I need at least three. At the very least. :happy:   (The reason for one of them can be found to the left of this post.

I'm kind of hoping she and Sweetie Blue will round out the line with confirmed Diamond Rose and Cherry Pie. Wave 4 had six non-mane characters and those two aren't part of the main suitcase line. Would they just do two?

Someone replied to me on Flickr and said that Hasbro told them she was a holiday pony that had come and gone. C'mon now. There is no way she could have been sold and nobody saw her. I figure that person they talked to just wasn't up on their pony info.

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2012, 05:02:49 AM »
The word, friend, is GIVEITTOMENOW. I need at least three. At the very least. :happy:   (The reason for one of them can be found to the left of this post.

I'm kind of hoping she and Sweetie Blue will round out the line with confirmed Diamond Rose and Cherry Pie. Wave 4 had six non-mane characters and those two aren't part of the main suitcase line. Would they just do two?

Someone replied to me on Flickr and said that Hasbro told them she was a holiday pony that had come and gone. C'mon now. There is no way she could have been sold and nobody saw her. I figure that person they talked to just wasn't up on their pony info.

I don't think she was a holiday pony either because even in other countries (other than US) I'm sure someone would have spotted her.  People were looking for her around Christmas in all their local stores like crazy.

To be honest, I'm not crazy about buying a set but if Minty was a bonus pony I'd probably buy it.

Evening_Moonstone

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2012, 06:44:10 AM »
OH I hope we get Minty soon!  She is so lovely (and since she's been released as a blind bag, I would hope that means that Hasbro knows she's popular!)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal