collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Wait on Etsy purchases  (Read 2501 times)

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
Re: Wait on Etsy purchases
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2012, 11:33:43 PM »
If they mailed it normally wouldn't they have to have written down my address and go to the post office/otherwise make sure the shipping was correct? Unless I totally misunderstood your post.

I'm mostly angry about them responding to the case and telling me it should have arrived and that they'd send a replacement without even bothering to check what country I live in (which would not have been hard, just checking their e-mail, my Etsy profile, or Paypal I'd assume, but I've never sold anything on Etsy so idk how the Paypal statement looks or if it can even be different /newb). If you're going to tell someone when to expect something, you need to actually check how long it should take to get to them. :/

Edit; I'm also very worried about leaving them a negative, which I'm very close to deciding to do if they don't stop being so bad. I read Etsy's feedback policy and if I understood it correctly they won't do a thing if they leave me negative feedback in revenge and unless we both agree to leave each other positives instead. On one hand I don't care much about Etsy feedback (as I don't have any plans to sell there since I can't afford listing fees), but on the other I still don't want negative feedback.

Is there any chance I interpreted Etsy's feedback policy wrong or am I just SOL and probably gonna get stuck with an undeserved negative?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 11:39:10 PM by Taxel »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline emery

• Dr. Quinn, Medicine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+488)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • emery's emporium - My Little Ponies & other toys for sale
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2012, 09:26:51 AM »
When you originally paid did you have to wait for an invoice or something? To ship internationally they would need to either print or write a mailing label out yes, but I think shipping would already specified so that you could make your payment right away when you made the purchase. I guess I am confused about your saying that they claim to not know you were an international customer.... are they saying that because they won't replace it then or something about shipping or what is the significance of them not knowing you are international besides being a bit lazy on their part of not looking up your details before replying? Sorry if I'm being a bit slow on this! Obviously as buyers we feel more secure if a seller replies with good knowledge about our order but not everyone is good at this apparently!

I would definitely not give up hope on this though. If they mailed it out only at the beginning of last week that's like the 5th or 6th so it's really only been barely a week in the mail and for international it could be anywhere between 1-3 weeks easily. You have 45 days to file through Paypal so you are still safe there and even though they don't seem to have the best customer service they have offered replacement so that is a good thing as well.

I would request a scan of the receipt if you haven't gotten your package by the end of the week. I wouldn't worry about feedback at this point, wait and see if the item you ordered arrives. If you don't get anything and you end up having to file and get a refund then I would think about negative but otherwise if you do end up getting the item and it's in the condition stated then a neg may be a bit much even though they have crappy communication skills.
My Little Ponies and other toys for sale on....
Facebook @EmerysVintageEmporium
Instagram @emerys_emporium

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2012, 06:24:32 PM »
When you buy something on Etsy you pay immediately, so there was no invoice or anything like that. I just added the item to my cart, checked out, and paid.

This is what they said exactly. Note that I gave them 10 days to send some sort of shipping notice (I always get e-mails from Etsy, which the sellers apparently need to choose to send out or something if I understood others right) and then send them a message on Etsy, just politely asking about if they'd been able to ship it yet. They ignored the message for two more days, at which point I opened the case. This is what they sent me in an Etsy message after I filed the case (their first ever contact with me):
"Hi Carissa

Your t-shirt was posted out to you at the start of last week by second class delivery so it should have got to you by now.
It was sent in a small jiffy bag and did not require a signature so should have been posted directly through the letterbox.
I will check through our stock and see if we have any of these shirts left so we can resend.

Please can you confirm your postal address so I can make sure what we have is correct.

Kind Regards

Vicky"

I responded, and told them my address. They replied with this:
"Sorry I didn't see that you were an International customer. As the item is coming from the UK it can take up to 14 days to get to you depending on where you are. Please give it until the end of the week and if it still has not arrived please let me know.

Kind Regards

Vicky"

I only filed the case originally because they seemed to be completely refusing to talk to me at all. I definitely did not expect it to have arrived yet, but I was at my wit's end. I gave more than enough time for them to have contacted me with some reason shipping it would be late (which others on Etsy have done) or just get the time to make it to the post office, and my message to them was definitely polite. I just feel like I'm being pulled around by a seller who doesn't care in the slightest.

Hopefully that all makes sense and explains it better.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline emery

• Dr. Quinn, Medicine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+488)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • emery's emporium - My Little Ponies & other toys for sale
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2012, 07:36:59 AM »
Yeah, it sounds like just lack of attention to detail. They don't seem phased by it though so maybe they have shipping issues on  a regular basis? They seem perfectly happy to send you a second one if the first one doesn't arrive. They definitely should have replied before you opened the case but at least that got something from them. I would still wait as it hasn't quite been 2 weeks since shipping so it's not anywhere close to being late yet.  I have gotten some things from the UK in like 5 days but others have taken 3-4 weeks to arrive so the arrival time seems to vary quite a lot.

At this point I would not think they are jerking you around since it could arrive at any day. They do not seem to be the most attentive seller but the most important part is that they have shipped it. And it if does end up lost/not arriving it sounds like they are willing to fix it by sending another!
My Little Ponies and other toys for sale on....
Facebook @EmerysVintageEmporium
Instagram @emerys_emporium

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal