collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Have you ever unboxed a MIB G1 pony.... :O  (Read 22174 times)

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
Re: Have you ever unboxed a MIB G1 pony.... :O
« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2012, 02:22:35 AM »
I have never done it, and I will never do it. I don´t see a point in buying a MIB/MOC/MIP one and then opening it. I love their beautiful boxes.

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2012, 05:55:14 AM »
I would never do it and I never have done ..... Go buy a g3 to open..... Leave the g1s  alone lol!
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2012, 07:01:46 AM »
Sure, we can all go back and say I wish I hadn't opened all those G1 ponies because MAN they'd be worth so much money now. MONEY!! Yes, that's why I collect MLP because they are worth so much wonderful money. Come on yall....money!? :( It makes me really sad to read about money and ponies together as equal value.

If you NEVER opened that G1 My little Pony back in the 80's, would you love ponies as much as you do right now. IF you regret that horrible event of opening that Moondancer, then you are tarnishing all the wonderful fun and love you found in a simple plastic pony.

Never regret opening MLP, it's like regretting you were ever a kid and had an imagination.

There is more to pony collecting that what the plastic is worth, there are great and wonderful memories involved.

And my memories include opening those G1 MIP/MOC ponies.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 07:03:54 AM by KarentheUnicorn »
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline StarDapple

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Bah Weep Graaagnah Wheep Ni Ni Bong!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2012, 07:53:40 AM »
The temptation would be too much for me, so this is why I stay FAAAAR away from MIB G1s.  If I came across one with a very damaged box though, I would buy it and debox it.  But I see no reason to go out of my way to buy a MIB G1 since there are many people who prefer them that way, and I don't want to take away from them.  I will stick to loose ones.

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2012, 02:51:44 PM »
Sure, we can all go back and say I wish I hadn't opened all those G1 ponies because MAN they'd be worth so much money now. MONEY!! Yes, that's why I collect MLP because they are worth so much wonderful money. Come on yall....money!? :( It makes me really sad to read about money and ponies together as equal value.

If you NEVER opened that G1 My little Pony back in the 80's, would you love ponies as much as you do right now. IF you regret that horrible event of opening that Moondancer, then you are tarnishing all the wonderful fun and love you found in a simple plastic pony.

Never regret opening MLP, it's like regretting you were ever a kid and had an imagination.

There is more to pony collecting that what the plastic is worth, there are great and wonderful memories involved.

And my memories include opening those G1 MIP/MOC ponies.

The fact they were opened, loved, so many little girls (and boys) HAD those memories is the VERY reason they are so sought after now. I collect because of those memories. It has nothing to do with their worth. But, speaking of worth If everyone hoarded MIP MLP for 30 years, they wouldn't be worth much. Look at the late 80's- early 90's "collector babies" people bought as "investments" for their daughters. (a family member had an entire collection her mother planned to sell for college, they aren't even worth what she initially paid for them)

That said, a MIP pony, staying MIP reminds me of seeing them in stores as a child. Christmas, or a birthday I was lucky enough to get one. (That and the art is so well done on a lot of those packages.)

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 23, 2012, 07:18:12 AM »
I don't have any MOC G1s, but if I ever sought one out, it would be Lovin' Kisses, because she was my childhood favorite. I actually tend to be very MIB/MOC and when I come across a lot of them, I like to keep them in the packaging for display purposes. My G4s are still in the packaging, and they look great, along with some MOC fakies and a G3 Toola Roola. I did unbox Midnight Dream, just because I've never had the experience of opening a G3 before. I don't regret it in the slightest. She looks really great next to August Breeze!

But I have been faced with the dilemma of whether or not to open a MOC with a damaged box, not with ponies, but a Teenie Beanie Baby. It was all gross and yellow and dusty, with a few punches in the back anyways, so I made the decision to pull poor Steg out and let him be free. But at least he's super minty! I was so excited about being the first person to hold him after all these years that I read the tush tag aloud to my mom. "All new materials, hand wash only." Lol. I'm not regretting that either.

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 23, 2012, 03:11:20 PM »
I don't have any MIB/MOC G1s, but even if I did, I could never do it. I enjoy displaying things in their boxes if I can, I think they look better in box than out of box at times :)

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal