collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Have you ever unboxed a MIB G1 pony.... :O  (Read 22178 times)

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
Re: Have you ever unboxed a MIB G1 pony.... :O
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2012, 03:11:10 PM »
I did once on a Nirvana pony.

I have never regretted it.  I love to free ponies from their plastic prisons!

That's just me though. :)

I totally get you!
I don't own expensive MIB ponies, because i know i cant keep em that way. I love to "free" a pony out of her/his pack :D I get sad looking at ponies who cant leave their packs :( i barely buy them, i openened 2 argies and my sweet clover will be unpacked too, one day, i guess....

Offline SunnyBreeze

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+26)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sunnybunny09.deviantart.com/
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2012, 04:18:10 PM »
I've only opened one MOC pony. It was a Greek Starshine a couple of years ago. I even documented it in photos and posted them on the Arena, lol. I had a LOT of people up in arms over opening her up, but I did it, and I'm glad I did. She smelled SO GOOD. And, of course, I still have her in my collection, and still love her just as much loose (if not more, because I can actually touch her and smell her sweet, vanilla-y goodness! :lol:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 thank u, jupi!  
See my customs HERE

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2012, 05:07:21 PM »
I never have, mainly because I can't afford a MOC g1 but I'm certain I'd be sorely tempted.  What I'd probably end up doing is opening one and one that is more common, such as the sparkle babies, just to have the joy of doing so - and then leave the rest of them MOC.  :)

I'm having this issue right now with a MOC Teddy Ruxpin toy that we found while cleaning the house.  The card is badly damaged but hanging on my wall unopened because it's a piece of my childhood (my dad used to work at Worlds of Wonder) and I really don't have the heart to open it.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2012, 05:13:19 PM »
I would never open a MIB / MOC G1, even a common one. I would prefer to sell it to someone that would appreciate it, and purchase an already loose one in nice shape for myself :)

I personally think the more we decard or debox G1's, the less there are out there, which is sad.

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2012, 05:21:41 PM »
OK, I admit it.   I opened up a MIB Waterfall set once several years back!   I enjoyed putting the rainbow sticker on and opening everything up.  It was so much fun and brought back memories of being a kid.  <3

I don't regret it.   But I know now that MIB collectors get very upset about people opening MIB items.   So I probably would not do it again.

Offline SunnyBreeze

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+26)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sunnybunny09.deviantart.com/
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2012, 05:25:11 PM »
Yea, I PROBABLY wouldn't do it again... I have a few other MOC/MIBs that I haven't been tempted to open. But I can't be sure... I may be tempted to open a new Argie. :rolleyes: lol
 thank u, jupi!  
See my customs HERE

Offline magicminty_unicorn

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • my tumblr
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2012, 05:27:57 PM »
I have done it with some petite ponies, no I don't regret it  :P

I\'m a my little pony daddy

Offline LittleHoneyPie

• Trade Count: (+79)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Only love is real!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2012, 05:50:10 PM »
I feel bad for ponies who are stuck on grungy and/or torn cards forever. I also feel bad for the ones who are stuck in their plastic bubbles with their hair over their faces for eternity. I have freed before and felt good about it.

But it's a dangerous game! When you can't see the other side of the pony, who's to say it doesn't have cancer spots? Or even if it has factory flaws, the value would be less in some collectors' eyes. You risk losing a lot of value and not being happy with your pony anyway.

Then again, what if the world ends tomorrow and I wanted to open a G1 again and never did it. I would hate for the world to end with all of the ponies still on the cards. Someday if I have a big collection of MOCs and a huge asteroid is hurtling toward Earth, I'll run to my pony room and open them all.

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2012, 05:54:57 PM »
I would like to buy a MOC So Soft and open it to feel how soft it was.  But I worry that if I say that here no pony would sell me one!!!

Offline Sandi

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2012, 06:05:25 PM »
I only have one MOC G1 (Italian CP Applejack) and I would never open it. I have considered opening my MOC G2s though..

I've opened all my G3s and G4s.
G1, G2 and G3 collector. I also collect a bunch of other stuff. (Too much..)
My collection website
My toy Instagram
My cat/nature Instagram
My Tumblr

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2012, 06:30:08 PM »
I did unbox a nirvana.  I have no plans to ever sell her, so she is for my personal collection.  I don't feel bad about it at all. 

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline StormyMLP

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • Actually a pegasus!
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2012, 06:38:42 PM »
It wasn't "rare", really, but my parents cut away aaaalllll of the packaging from around three Baby Sparkle Ponies (Firefly, Gusty, and Starflower) and gave them to me for Christmas when I was a kid.

BUT THAT IS OKAY. I loved them. Of course at the time MIB meant nothing to me.  :biggrin:

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2012, 06:41:28 PM »
It wasn't "rare", really, but my parents cut away aaaalllll of the packaging from around three Baby Sparkle Ponies (Firefly, Gusty, and Starflower) and gave them to me for Christmas when I was a kid.

BUT THAT IS OKAY. I loved them. Of course at the time MIB meant nothing to me.  :biggrin:

I think thats a bit different lol - I know I de boxed a couple of ponies as a child, but, they were still available on the shelves at that point ;)

I just think that if you are going to de box anyhow, why not buy a loose one and let someone that wants to keep it MIB have it? Makes no sense to me buying a MIB pony so you can just debox / decard it :/

Offline SilverLinedStars

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2012, 06:48:20 PM »
I just got my first MIB G1 pony a few months back. It was the last pony I was looking for to complete my childhood collection, Dream Beauty Sheertrimmer! I was really excited. I would have preferred to get one loose, but I always seemed to be a dollar short and day late. I got a killer deal on her, and her packaging is wonderful, so I wouldn't dream of opening the box. If it was badly damaged though, I might consider it.

Offline StormyMLP

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • Actually a pegasus!
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2012, 06:53:44 PM »
I think thats a bit different lol - I know I de boxed a couple of ponies as a child, but, they were still available on the shelves at that point ;)

I just think that if you are going to de box anyhow, why not buy a loose one and let someone that wants to keep it MIB have it? Makes no sense to me buying a MIB pony so you can just debox / decard it :/

;A; They weren't available on shelves at the time. Mom picked them up from a discount place that was closing.

Also... I kinda agree, unless that's almost the only way to find the pony. Or something. I dunno.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal