collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: eBay seller refunded money because item is "misplaced"  (Read 4458 times)

Offline emery

• Dr. Quinn, Medicine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+488)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • emery's emporium - My Little Ponies & other toys for sale
eBay seller refunded money because item is "misplaced"
« on: January 19, 2012, 08:55:07 AM »

What is my best course of action here? I was watching a pony that had a BIN of $20 but a $0.99 starting bid. I don't use sniping programs but I generally only bid in the last minute if I'm going to put in a bid as then there is no time for me to change my mind and make additional bids higher than I planned. Anyway, on this pony someone else put in a bid towards the end so the BIN went away and then I placed my bid in the last minute and won for $1.04. I paid right away and then less than 24 hours later I have been refunded by the seller. She also sent this message:

Hi, I am really sorry to inform you that when I went to package up this pony I couldn't find it. I am not sure how it got misplaced but at this time it is so I will refund all of your money back instantly. Thank you again.

I have replied that I am not in a rush and please look again, also mentioning that a reserve or higher starting price should have been applied if the issue is the ending price.

I am still waiting for a reply (which I doubt that I'll receive) but I was wondering if I have any other course of action than a negative feedback and low stars. And I am betting that the pony will be relisted at a higher price...
My Little Ponies and other toys for sale on....
Facebook @EmerysVintageEmporium
Instagram @emerys_emporium

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: eBay seller refunded money because item is "misplaced"
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 11:01:53 AM »
I'd wait to see if they relist at a higher place before leaving feedback. As a seller, I've misplaced items or oversold them, It's an honest mistake and would hate to be penalized for it :/
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 03:04:07 PM »

I once misplaced an item that I sold on ebay. It was the worst amount of panic ever (I ended up finding the item, and sent it in a timely fashion... ).

P: I still believe most sellers on ebay are human, and mistakes do happen. She could be completely honest, or lying and you really won't know (unless it's relisted).  >_<

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 03:30:42 PM »
Mistakes dó happen yes, but... it is a bit foolish to lose an item you listed to sell :|
I myself am always a bit suspicious at these things. Once i won a lot of ponies for a really nice price and the seller made up a story about shipping costs being around $100 (believe me, in NO WAY that was possible) and some other excuses. I am not saying that it will go the same for you, but i think there are sellers who make up stories when they did not get the amount of money they'd expected.

The seller in my experience just replaced the lot i originally won and got twice as much this time.
It was so unfair i cried about it.

But i think its best to wait maybe a few days and keep a real good eye at ebay, or just they person's listings.
I hope you'll get your pony though! :hug:

Offline CrazyCatLady

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 04:02:57 PM »
I just had to send a message like that about a book I sold on eBay. I've torn the house apart and I have no idea where it's disappeared to.  I'm starting to wonder if I took it up to WI at Christmas. I offered the buyer a refund or she could pick 2 other books from the ones I had available.  She was very nice about it and took the refund. 

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 07:10:46 PM »
Sometimes its a genuine mistake.. sometimes it isnt.  I had a seller tell me they couldnt find the item and offer a refund... but I asked her to double check for the item and she did find it in the end ( so I left a positive). Another seller I had tell me that she lost my item after I won an auction for a  low price had actually  sold the pony  to someone else who offered higher (in which case I left a neg) You already sent her the kind of message that I would have done - asking her to check to see if she can find the item ;)   You'll probably have to accept the refund for now, but  see what response you get (if any) and keep an eye on her listings for a while before deciding on the feedback to leave :awake:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 08:08:30 PM »
Let us know if she relists!  Hope all goes well for you!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline emery

• Dr. Quinn, Medicine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+488)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • emery's emporium - My Little Ponies & other toys for sale
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 09:46:16 AM »
I've been checking and she just relisted 4 ponies today.... 3 of which were sold if you check her completed listings? I checked the bidders and it was 2 different bidders between the 3 ponies and both had a big "0" for feedback so I guess they could have been NBP? Just looks fishy to me. I'm gonna keep checking as I never got a response to my last message to her asking her to look again.
My Little Ponies and other toys for sale on....
Facebook @EmerysVintageEmporium
Instagram @emerys_emporium

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 06:20:17 PM »
that does sound very dodgy :yikes:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Stormy31685

• Trade Count: (+397)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2012, 04:49:46 AM »
I would definitely wait to see if the item was relisted.  I actually just had an issue where I was unable to find something and I had to refund a buyer.  It does happen.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal