Pony Talk > Pony Corral

TIME FOR A PONY GAME!!! ~ Pinkamena Diane Pie

(1/6) > >>

MintySocks:
Here's some pony fun... if Pinkie Pie's full name is Pinkamena Diane Pie, then what full names (including middle names) would you give YOUR favorite ponies? Any generation!  These can have actual meaning or can be super-silly, it's up to you.

So far I've though of:

Rainbow Iris Ayano Dash
(Iris meaning "colorful rainbow" and Ayano being the Japanese name that means "colorful design")

Peppermint Phyllis Candy - Minty for short!  ...no relation to John Candy  :P
(Phyllis means "green leaves" in honor of G1 Minty)

Flutter Tulia Shy
(Tulia means "quiet, calm")

Twilight Estrella Sparkle
(Estrella means "star")

Celestia Dawn Fredericks ~ LOL!
(This would make her name mean "heavenly sunrise ruler of peace" though it makes her sound like someone who plays Pinochle with my mum)

kittybethy:
LOL!! This sounds like fun!

MintySocks:
Thanks kittybethy I hope so!

Umiyuri:
It's all very strange.

Though it is confirmed by basically how characters address one another, that Fluttershy is a single, and first, name.

Also, it might be best if you didn't put two middle names in, because it comes off vaguely like the name of a bad fan character. Especially using a Japanese name ('Ayano' actually just means 'of colouring', though it could also be 'of logic' if you don't get your kanji right).

And I'm pretty sure we should just avoid extra names on the princesses…

…Though, Estrella is a middle name that works out fine. And it's okay to do this to Minty because she's not a show character, therefore you're free to headcanon it.

hathorcat:

--- Quote from: Umiyuri on January 19, 2012, 12:52:28 AM ---It's all very strange.

Though it is confirmed by basically how characters address one another, that Fluttershy is a single, and first, name.

Also, it might be best if you didn't put two middle names in, because it comes off vaguely like the name of a bad fan character. Especially using a Japanese name ('Ayano' actually just means 'of colouring', though it could also be 'of logic' if you don't get your kanji right).

And I'm pretty sure we should just avoid extra names on the princesses…

…Though, Estrella is a middle name that works out fine. And it's okay to do this to Minty because she's not a show character, therefore you're free to headcanon it.

--- End quote ---

I think MintySocks just means this to be a fun game....no reading into it in any serious depth...

I love your suggestions MintySocks....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version