collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: To open the box, or not to open the box, that is the question!  (Read 4336 times)

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
Re: To open the box, or not to open the box, that is the question!
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2012, 09:17:06 PM »
Debox the poor ponies!  Unless you have some kind of one-off international deal, I don't think there will be that much rarity going on with G4 ponies as there has been with previous generations.  Let them breathe.  Style their hair.  LOVE THEEEEEEM.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

emera_lazzaly

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2012, 08:56:45 AM »
Thanks everyone! I've been dying to open them but there's that part of me that says "they will be worth more in the box one day and you shouldn't open them"

I love all your comments about them being happier out of the box and getting to enjoy them more! I may keep those with bangs in the box since they are really making them anymore and open the rest ;) I gotta get a nice shelf for them to so I may wait until I find a shelf to put them on! I do feel bad when I go in the room and they look so happy  but they are stuck in a box! and I want to brush their hair and display them!

Other than the international ponies and those with bangs, are there any nirvana type G4 ponies or ones you think I shouldn't take out of the box?

Evening_Moonstone

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2012, 09:20:40 AM »
I had been keeping my G4s mint in box until I got the CMC and Castle Friends sets.  Then my husband and I had a big pony-opening day when we opened up all of the G4s (except for 1 Twilight Sparkle, since we had 2 of her loose already). 
Now that they're open, they take up a lot less space and we've been able to arrange them and play with them. It's just more fun to hold an opened pony than a boxed pony! 
I figure there are so many people keeping the G4s mint condition, that they're probably not going to be worth much in the long run after all.  I would rather have the ponies on display than tucked away in storage in mint boxes.

Offline sweetstuff

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Did someone say ponies?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2012, 10:47:42 AM »
There's only two over here, and they were both deboxed. Applejack so she could sit on my daughter's 1st birthday cake, and for Christmas her aunt gave her a white earth pony with red/purple hair. So they are both free and get pushed around the house in the doll stroller or ride around in the diaper bag when we go off places. :D

PandoraFox

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2012, 11:40:47 AM »
In the end they're your ponies. Do what you think will make you happy. ^^

Personally, I admit anything I buy get's de-boxed or taken off it's card as soon as I can manage.
The things I buy, I but for me, not with resale in mind.
And if it's mine, I want to touch it, and handle it, and play with it. I'm a 26 year old kid really.  :blush:

This is even worse with my transformers.
Because, well, the point of those would be that they transform, and they're not going to do that in their box and all...

Offline fireextinquisher

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://fireextinquisher.tumblr.com
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2012, 12:19:01 PM »
I plan on deboxing mine, but not until I have somewhere to display them as I don't want them getting mucked up or their bits lost xP

I shouldn't think G4s will be worth anything MIB for at least 20 years. G3s in box are still pretty cheap.

Thanks to sabathamk and monstarnomnom (icon)

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2012, 01:01:30 PM »
I try to purchase 2.

I open one and keep one in box.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline babymoondust

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2012, 01:18:55 PM »
I love the G4s so much I just can't resist unboxing them. I want them on display in all their glory! ^_^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal