collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unfortunately, sometimes opening a case is the solution...  (Read 2571 times)

Dyzarktarzk

• Trade Count: (0)
Unfortunately, sometimes opening a case is the solution...
« on: January 18, 2012, 06:00:43 PM »
As the title say, sometimes opening a case is the -almost- only option for your seller to respond...

I bought a lot on MercadoLibre (México) 12 days ago, the auction was for 10 days and it ended at the starting price, nice, right?

I contacted the seller, got his information to continue the transaction and all, paid on Monday (last week), and the seller said he'll put my package on Friday (13) if not sooner.  No word from him and wrote on Saturday, answered he will put my package this last Monday (16).  No word from him.

I wrote him two more times, Monday and yesterday with no answer.

I've never opened a case before, and really tried to avoid it at all cost, but being more than a week since I paid, I got desperate and finally opened one (I opened it today at 1:00 am -more or less-).  It's some money (a little less than $70.00 USA, but it was my Christma's gift!).

Still no word from him, but received an e-mail (today at 11:00 am) from ML support saying that my case is on revision (I think they called my seller to see what happened with him).  And finally, less than 20 minutes ago, I got a mail from my seller saying he FINALLY put my package on the mail and send me the scanned comprobant of it, and it's asking me to close the case (but not sooner than 72 hours, I have no idea how to contact ML support sooner XD /bricked).

Now, I'll have to wait a week more (more or less) and hope that my package arrives with all the things and in good condition.  I still haven't given him feedback, but I'm almost certain with luck it'll be neutral.

What gets on my nerves is:

I'm really tolerant with waiting, if he have told me the package will take longer to be on its way, I'd say nothing against it (actually, I've even waited more than 2 months for some accessories I bought before, but the seller was really nice and still want to hit myself on not buying more from her -.-), and now, this seller didn't say a thing in a this time?

It stresses me -.-

Even, I'd have prefered if the seller had said:
"Sorry, I was expecting  more for this...  let's cancel..."  than say a "Go on with the transaction!  It'll be on Friday!" then dissappear until I opened the case *sigh*

Thanks for hearing my rant =P

/gives cookies

When my package arrives it'll be on the brag arena (I hope it arrives soon!)

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Re: Unfortunately, sometimes opening a case is the solution...
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 07:09:53 PM »
Bad communication/ no communication from some sellers is so frustrating!  :throw:  ... especially when all they need to do is reply and be honest about any delays in posting the item. You were right to open the case as he wasnt responding . I hope that the parcel arrives safely now :hug:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Dyzarktarzk

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 07:21:28 PM »
I know -.-

Just a small note on:

"I'm unable to put it this week, I'll put it on -insert date-" is way better than no word at all -.-  (And I wasn't going to pay a long-distance call to search for him when my throat is crazy =P)

When it arrives I'll post it =)

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 08:03:36 PM »
I wouldn't shut the case until your item arrives, as I don't think its possible to re open a case you have already closed, most sellers would be aware of this, and some may try to take advantage of an honest person this way ;)

I hope your parcel arrives soon & that it is in perfect condition, good luck!

Dyzarktarzk

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 09:03:25 PM »
It'll take about a week to arrive (I hope less *crosses claws*).

For the case I have 72 hours, okay, I still have a little more of 48 atm, but when the time ends I'll still contact ML and let them now that my seller finally put my package, but it still hasn't arrived, but I want to be protected until it  arrives.

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 03:41:36 PM »
I get you. It would have been decent for him to -at least- contact you with a small note about what was going on.
Its sad that sometimes there is lack of maners in contact. In my opinion just don't respond is rude, unless he had a good reason for it.
But people are so easy, sometimes.

I hope you'll receive package soon! :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal