collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I will not to buying/ selling with USA anymore.... :(  (Read 6385 times)

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
I will not to buying/ selling with USA anymore.... :(
« on: January 18, 2012, 11:50:06 AM »
Hi guys, this is really rather a shame but I am announcing that I will no longer be buying/selling, from/with the USA anymore. Recently, I have had some really bad experiences, 2 items that I paid good sums of money for arrived damaged from transit, and 1 item went astray in the post and I haven't been refunded. These bad experiences have put me off buying or selling with USA anymore, it's really sad, I know but I have completely lost all my confidence and everytime I buy from abroad I now feel super worried about whether it will arrive damaged or never arrive at all.
I'm so sorry everyone, I'm still going to be a part of the community, and talk with you all , but I can't buy or sell.
I hope everyone understands.  :cry:
Also I won't be buying anyway atm due to saving for driving lessons as mentioned 3 weeks ago. Thank you all.
Love to all. x

Moving to TS for you :hug: OL1
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 02:37:46 PM by Oneleo1 »

Offline Glacia471

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: I will not to buying/ selling with USA anymore.... :(
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 11:54:19 AM »
That's terrible! :yikes: What happened and what items were they?? If you're having problems with any sellers I would recommend getting in touch with a Trader Support Mod- they'd be happy to help you out and give you advice. :hug:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 11:58:18 AM »
Its everyones own decision who and where they post to - I wouldnt worry about having to apologise to anyone - its completely your decision. I have had some pretty horrifying experiences with international post [sending and receiving] and if I am honest I wouldnt say my own experiences are county specific [from Germany to Australia!] - unfortunately in shipping dozens and dozens of parcels the odd unfortunate issue will occur.

I hope you manage to get your refund and sort everything out so you are not actually out of pocket.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 11:58:38 AM »
I have contacted a mod but haven't had a reple about the missing item :( I've been so ill recently too, I'm struggling to keep up!
The damaged items were on ebay but it got sorted out in the end. I'm upset that I'm out of pocket though, the seller is perfectly nice but refuses to refund me :( Hopefully it will get sorted soon  :huh:
Thanks Glacia  :hug:

Offline Nappercasper

• Oh Happy Tails
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 12:04:12 PM »
That sucks, i don't buy from usa anyways (on ebay anyways). Cos every time i asked they don't send here lol. So i don't look there anymore! But i sell to usa. Not had any problems that way :)

Offline Buffy

• Trade Count: (+192)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Buffys Paradise
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 12:07:28 PM »
Sorry to hear about your bad experiences. May I ask where you come from?

About the ebay-items. If you have paid them with paypal, you should received your money back. Just open a case and say, the item was not as described.

I'm always afraid, when I buy something from overseas. I have bought a McD bookmark at ebay and it didn't arrived..have received the payment back and have found a second one, hopefully this one will arrived soon!

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 12:09:49 PM »
Hello Buffy,
As for the ebay items, I kept them and said it wasn't the seller's fault, thankfully i could do my best to make them look ok.
I am in the UK, but my experiences have really annoyed me, so that's my reason.
Hopefully it will sort itself out soon!

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 01:18:40 PM »
I'm so sorry this happened. How terrible!

Offline OctoberFlash

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I like to eat things and brush ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 01:31:46 PM »
Oh, dear! Sorry to hear about your bad experiences. D: that must be terrible!

I remember once I bought something from China (back when I didn't realize that a lot of bootlegged things come from China, and before I was into ponies), and instead of taking a month to arrive here, it took nearly two and a half months. And then I found out it was a fake, double whammy on me!
Click here for my wishlist!

Every puzzle has an answer :)

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2012, 06:21:43 PM »
It's your spending money, and you know what? You don't need to justify to anyone how or where it's spent. :)

I feel like I need to comment on the damaged items you recieved. This is a huge pet peeve of mine. I've received a number of ebay items that were horridly packaged. Most people don't think they're responsible for damage in shipping, but YES THEY ARE. It's a sellers responsibility that they package an item so it can go through the system and arrive at the other end undamaged. Postal workers won't gingerly handle parcels. They get tossed and thrown into bins, have heaps of things stacked on top.  (Only exceptions being backed over by a truck, or another freak situation like that, that would be beyond a senders control). But most damaged items are poorly packaged and were handled normally. If you get another item that wasn't packed well and arrived damaged, don't feel guilty about returning it and demanding a refund.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2012, 07:20:34 PM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug:  I'm so sorry to hear you've been having bad experiences buying from the US lately. Of course its up to you if you dont want to risk international buying/selling anymore, but its unfortunate that you've had mulitple damaged and lost items  :sad: . I buy and sell internationally often and its a very rare occurance if something gets lost or damaged - it does depend a lot on how people package the items though TBH. I always ask for extra tape to be put around parcels being sent to me as a safely precaution, and sometimes i will ask for the item to be sent in a box rather than a bubble mailer if the item is more delicate (eg a flutter/SW/WW pony, breakable accessories/playset parts etc). :awake:
Are you having problems with another member here? :what:  perhaps you can send one of us a message about the situation  again as a lot of PMs werent getting through on the old Arena . 
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 05:41:26 PM by Ringlets »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline emery

• Dr. Quinn, Medicine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+488)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • emery's emporium - My Little Ponies & other toys for sale
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2012, 11:22:27 PM »
That's awful you've had such a run of bad luck with overseas shipping! The damaged items you say was not the seller's fault, were they damaged by the postal service being careless or rough with them then? Or could the packaging have been better? I'm gonna have to go with FantasticFirefly on this one and say that it really is the seller's responsibility to package things properly and carefully so that they will survive the trip to their new home. But do not feel bad if you prefer to just buy closer to home, there is definitely less travel time then and less of a chance of something happening during transit that way!
My Little Ponies and other toys for sale on....
Facebook @EmerysVintageEmporium
Instagram @emerys_emporium

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2012, 03:36:44 PM »
Sorry to hear you have had these bad experiences! :hug:

I dont really know anything else to say but just wanted to give a hug :)

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2012, 11:58:05 PM »
Thank you Hokus Pokus, that's really nice of you :)
Thanks to everyone else, I've read each one and they are all really helpful, it means a lot, so thank you :)

mana-maiden

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2012, 10:43:27 PM »
Sounds like your sellers didn't know how to package their packages well or bothered to register them with tracking #'s.

Both problems could have been solved! Trust me, we're not all that way. ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal