collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Are you interested in an Oz / kiwi easter (or similar) swap?

Yes
14 (93.3%)
No
1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Aussies & Kiwi's - would anyone be interested in an easter swap?  (Read 7745 times)

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
Re: Aussies & Kiwi's - would anyone be interested in an easter swap?
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2012, 06:31:17 PM »
It would really depend on what the majority wanted as such, but probably a box with say $30 - $40 worth of ponies and goodies in an easter theme, plus shipping on top of that.

You would have plenty of time to shop for your partner, I would get details of wishlists as well as favourite things so we could all tailor our boxes to suit our partner. Depending on the ammount of people, as well as how many new participants, I may pair people up so who you send to is who you recieve your parcel from, over a blind you send to person A, but recieve from person B, person B sends to C, but recieves from A ect.

You would be required to find one or more ponies from your partners wishlist, and depending on if the partner would like to recieve customs or not, these may also be included in the swap if you feel you have the time to make one, this however would not be a requirement, just I know some people enjoy making customs for other people.

If you have any moroe questions Endocat feel free to ask here or flick me a pm ;)

Offline Endocat

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2012, 06:52:36 PM »
ok yep I'm very tempted :)  sounds like fun ;)
Most Wanted: retro release Starshine

megt19

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2012, 07:29:04 PM »
Yay!

Just a question for the two of you without any feedback - do you have feedback offsite like ebay, trademe or something similar?

I am willing to let in newbies too, but there would be different rules, as allowing someone into a swap with 0 feedback is a risk, I do know from most of the newbie swaps though, they tend to pull together a better box than some of the older members, so I couldn't exclude all together either :)

I will leave this poll run for a few days, keep a discussion going here with anyone that wishes to input, and then possibly have a chat to mods and start hashing something out that will suit everyone.

I should have two feedbacks soon. They haven't gone through yet though. I do have some feed back on trademe too though if you'd like that ^^

Just wanted to add this in case the feedbacks & older threads aren't updated before this swap starts -  that I have been involved in a swap with Silverskimmer before, we were not partners, but I do recall the awesome box he put together including a cute custom!

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2012, 07:42:34 PM »
Oh yes of course, I didn't even realize that not all trade info was swapped over to the new site, I am more than happy to go check out the old arena too for feedback :)

I do prefer some form of feedback to show you are trustworthy, preferably from sales or trades, but again I will consider someone with low / no feedback, there would be some very firm rules in place though to make sure nobody gets burnt, as I really can't afford to be making up for lost boxes, as much as I would love to.

megt19

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2012, 08:01:50 PM »
Oh yes of course, I didn't even realize that not all trade info was swapped over to the new site, I am more than happy to go check out the old arena too for feedback :)

I do prefer some form of feedback to show you are trustworthy, preferably from sales or trades, but again I will consider someone with low / no feedback, there would be some very firm rules in place though to make sure nobody gets burnt, as I really can't afford to be making up for lost boxes, as much as I would love to.

Oh, silly me, I didn't realise it was possible to look back at the old Arena, I figured we just had to wait until everything was uploaded here if we wanted to look at any older threads....

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2012, 08:05:16 PM »

Oh, silly me, I didn't realise it was possible to look back at the old Arena, I figured we just had to wait until everything was uploaded here if we wanted to look at any older threads....

lol nah, this whole change over has been quiet confusing on all of us I think ;)

Offline Private_Bubbles

• Scribbles Pony
  • I'm Bubbles, Private Bubbles.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2012, 08:23:54 PM »
I would be interested, but I have no feedback :/

What would be a good limit on the box for you? Should I have a set limit, or have a couple of levels to choose from?
I think levels would be good like $10, $20, $40 etc. Just because I'm a poor student, lol :P

Would you like to be involved in an easter swap or just a general swap with a possible theme?
Either would be fun :D

Would you prefer to send / recieve a box from overseas or within the same country?
I would prefer within the same country.

Is a little under 3 months enough time for you to get a really nice box together for your partner?
Yeah, it should be :)

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2012, 08:26:07 PM »
I would be interested, but I have no feedback :/

What would be a good limit on the box for you? Should I have a set limit, or have a couple of levels to choose from?
I think levels would be good like $10, $20, $40 etc. Just because I'm a poor student, lol :P

Would you like to be involved in an easter swap or just a general swap with a possible theme?
Either would be fun :D

Would you prefer to send / recieve a box from overseas or within the same country?

Is a little under 3 months enough time for you to get a really nice box together for your partner?
Yeah, it should be :)

Don't worry, I am a poor student too, hence the reason I am getting input from everyone before even attempting this swap. But I do love a swap, with a long deadline for shipping, I am sure most of us, even the broke ones, could pull something pretty amazing together ;)

Offline StarFaerie

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2012, 08:40:32 PM »
Yes, please Paints. I'd be in it. Easter swap all the way though as I love sending and receiving Easter eggs.

I can send to NZ if necessary, though it does ramp up the postage.

3 months is more than sufficient for me.
It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a woman in possession of disposable income, must be in want of a pony.

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2012, 08:45:30 PM »
Ooh great, I think this could work with the ammount of interest shown.

I will start hashing out some rules & the such, and have a talk to one of the mods about it soon, will PM anybody with a link to the thread that has posted an interest in here when / if I get it off the ground :)

Anybody else with questions about this, please post in here or PM me personally!

megt19

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2012, 09:18:42 PM »

LOL if we get each other as partners we can drop the box to each other's door step for $0 postage LOL!

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2012, 09:53:18 PM »
I have messaged a mod about this swap, and will have updates when I have hashed something out and got some rules set out :)

SpunkyJen

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2012, 10:04:25 PM »
I would love to join in! I have no Arena feedback, but i have TradeMe feedback, and have traded with the member Wollyton here.

I would prefer to send to NZ only, but don't really mind. And also would love an easter theme. I LOVE BUNNEHS!

:frolic:

Offline kerry483

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://kerry483.deviantart.com
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2012, 10:12:40 PM »

What would be a good limit on the box for you? Should I have a set limit, or have a couple of levels to choose from? I think around 40 would be great also :)

Would you like to be involved in an easter swap or just a general swap with a possible theme? I would prefer a general swap theme

Would you prefer to send / recieve a box from overseas or within the same country? Aust would be preferred, seeing as the shipping to overseas is nuts.

Is a little under 3 months enough time for you to get a really nice box together for your partner? That's heaps of time :)

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2012, 10:17:19 PM »
SpunkyJen - I am good friends with Wolly, if you would like to use her as a reference, I would be happy to ahve a chat to her for you :)

kerry483 - sounds good, it does look like most people would like a $40 box, with the roughly 3 month time frame, I am sure most people would be able to at least put in $40 worth.

If it is too much for some people, I am willing to try to pair up two people that want a lower limit together as well. I am more than happy to try to accomodate everyone and have as many Aussies & Kiwi's on board as I can, as swaps are supposed to be fun & stress free :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal