collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Are you interested in an Oz / kiwi easter (or similar) swap?

Yes
14 (93.3%)
No
1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Aussies & Kiwi's - would anyone be interested in an easter swap?  (Read 7679 times)

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
I have hosted a swap before, and know how much fun they can be, however, I know postage to the other side of the globe is getting ridiculous, in saying that, I am happy if requested to try to put people with partners from the same country if requested, but also undestand some of you may wish to actually swap with someone from the opposite country in hopes of recieving something from another country.

Why am I asking about this now? Well, I know alot of us are financially struggling a bit with the way the economy is everywhere, if we dragged a sswap out it would be easier to get a lovely box together for your partner.

This swap would not be a sure thing, I would have to run it past mods and see if enough people would be interested first (if I can get 8+ people, I would be willing to host).

Would you like to be involved in an Aussie / Kiwi easter swap? Or even just a swap really, for the fun of it, with a long end date so you have plenty of time on hand to get goodies together?

Anyone willing to join if I do get this off the ground, could you please answer the following questions for me -

What would be a good limit on the box for you? Should I have a set limit, or have a couple of levels to choose from?

Would you like to be involved in an easter swap or just a general swap with a possible theme?

Would you prefer to send / recieve a box from overseas or within the same country?

Is a little under 3 months enough time for you to get a really nice box together for your partner?

megt19

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Aussies & Kiwi's - would anyone be interested in an easter swap?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 04:06:37 AM »
What would be a good limit on the box for you? Should I have a set limit, or have a couple of levels to choose from?
ANSWER:  If I was sending to someone in Australia I would be happy to spend around $40 on the box, as postage would only be around $10

Would you like to be involved in an easter swap or just a general swap with a possible theme?
ANSWER:  Yep, I love Easter!!! but I would be still interested in joining if you decide on another theme

Would you prefer to send / receive a box from overseas or within the same country?
ANSWER:  I would like to stick within Australia for my next swap to see how it goes.....
 (my last swap partner was in Canada and it took 10 weeks for my box to arrive, and cost me $46 to post a box to my partner in USA)

Is a little under 3 months enough time for you to get a really nice box together for your partner?
ANSWER:  Yeah, that's heaps of time!

Offline Pythia

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 04:08:22 AM »
I'd be interested!

Looking for: Alternate Birthflowers, Baity wingers, So softs - both minty and for deflocking - and DREAM BEAUTIES!

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 02:49:30 PM »
Glad to see a few of you are interested :)

Offline silverskimmer

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 03:53:56 PM »
I'd be interested! :D I wouldn't mind sending my box over the ditch either ^^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Silver Skimmer Ref
Wish list
Looking for any and all wingers! Especially baity ones in need of love!

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Staff
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 04:33:48 PM »
I'd also be interested :)

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 04:54:11 PM »
Yay!

Just a question for the two of you without any feedback - do you have feedback offsite like ebay, trademe or something similar?

I am willing to let in newbies too, but there would be different rules, as allowing someone into a swap with 0 feedback is a risk, I do know from most of the newbie swaps though, they tend to pull together a better box than some of the older members, so I couldn't exclude all together either :)

I will leave this poll run for a few days, keep a discussion going here with anyone that wishes to input, and then possibly have a chat to mods and start hashing something out that will suit everyone.

Offline foalpatrol

• Hello, Clarice
  • Trade Count: (+42)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 05:01:10 PM »
I would love to!  If you'll take first-timers with low feedback, that is.  I think an AU/NZ swap would be super for my first one!  I have two feedbacks on here, but I have 227 on Trade Me, 100% positive.

I would be happy to send to Australia, and I'm happy with around $30-$50.  Also, I like the idea of an Easter theme.

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 05:09:30 PM »
Normally I'd be all over this like a rash!  I love swaps.  But I am moving at least 3 times this year.  First one within the next month. Then I move to Beijing in May.  Then to some oth country in September.   So no swaps for me this year. 

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2012, 05:12:16 PM »
Normally I'd be all over this like a rash!  I love swaps.  But I am moving at least 3 times this year.  First one within the next month. Then I move to Beijing in May.  Then to some oth country in September.   So no swaps for me this year. 

Aww bugger :( that is a real shame you can't join any swaps this year hun, but totally understandable. Good luck with all the moving, I don't envy you :hug:

And foalpatrol - that would be fine, I would obviously look at everyone individually and work things out, but you would be more than welcome to join if everything is above board ^^

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2012, 05:19:16 PM »
I would be interested in an Easter swap, but I am not in Australia... by the way, what is a "Kiwi"? (And I know we aren't talking about the fruits, lol)

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2012, 05:28:49 PM »
Kiwi = someone from New Zealand ;)

Unfortunately I would only be opening it up to residents of Oz or NZ, just due to shipping, as most of us struggle with "normal" swaps due to the overseas shipping costs. It's not really discriminating against everyone else, its just trying to make the most out of the stupid economic climate we are in at the moment. And also if I opened it to everyone it would probably become too much for me to handle, I can cope with a smaller swap but am not comfortable hosting a large one at this point :)

Offline silverskimmer

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2012, 06:18:19 PM »
Yay!

Just a question for the two of you without any feedback - do you have feedback offsite like ebay, trademe or something similar?

I am willing to let in newbies too, but there would be different rules, as allowing someone into a swap with 0 feedback is a risk, I do know from most of the newbie swaps though, they tend to pull together a better box than some of the older members, so I couldn't exclude all together either :)

I will leave this poll run for a few days, keep a discussion going here with anyone that wishes to input, and then possibly have a chat to mods and start hashing something out that will suit everyone.

I should have two feedbacks soon. They haven't gone through yet though. I do have some feed back on trademe too though if you'd like that ^^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Silver Skimmer Ref
Wish list
Looking for any and all wingers! Especially baity ones in need of love!

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2012, 06:21:31 PM »
Yay!

I should have two feedbacks soon. They haven't gone through yet though. I do have some feed back on trademe too though if you'd like that ^^

No worries for the moment, just if I was to let people in, I would either need feedback, or a different set of rules for newbies. I welcome any newbies in though, as they generally are pretty awesome at this sort of thing. I am happy to work something out for just about anyone, as long as you aren't on a bad trader list or have a heap of negatives or soemthing, I know negatives happen at times too due to no fault of our own, so it's not necessarily going to get you barred ;)

I am getting excited a bit now, I love swaps ^^

Offline Endocat

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2012, 06:25:02 PM »
Hi, I'm tempted - whats involved tho?
Most Wanted: retro release Starshine

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal