collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Surprise! (Or: I'm daft and let Surprise boil in the same pan as a few other pon  (Read 4109 times)

MissDeliana

• Trade Count: (0)
I sure can be a bit daft sometimes. I remember reading about Surprises wonderfully chartreuse mane discoloring everything else when boiling but somehow I managed to forget that the other day.

Now I have 3 lavender (as in Lemon Drops tail sort of lavender) tails that are a greyish green tinted purple, Majestys wonderfully blue tail turned turquoise(a lovely color but it doesn't match her mane now) and of course Surprises and a couple of other white ponies otherwise flawlessly while heads turned a greenish off-white. Oh and my beautiful Sparklers head is also a bit greenish compared to her body.

I am such an idiot!  :cry:

The white ponies I can sun-fade back to their original white, right? But what about the tails? And my beautiful once baby blue Sparkler?

Help me Obi WMLP-arena, you are my only hope.

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
ug, I know the feeling. I put a firefly to boil, forgot about it and the water evaporated. Her ears and wing melted to the bottom of the pan :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

MissDeliana

ug, I know the feeling. I put a firefly to boil, forgot about it and the water evaporated. Her ears and wing melted to the bottom of the pan :(

That sounds even more horrible. O_O

Evening_Moonstone

I'm so sorry.  I know the feeling too... I put a blindbag pony in a small jar of acetone to get her paint off, and forgot about her.  Her body got very soft, and some plastic on her ear and tail melted!

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
I'm so sorry.  This is a very common problem, if that helps.

I'm going to boil a Surprise, but I will remove her hair first!

MissDeliana

Haha, thank you for sharing your horror stories with me. It *does* help a little. :)

But I still wonder if you have any good ideas, mostly when it comes to Sparkler. I really like her and want her head to match her body. Could I dye her head back to the same shade as her body with rit dye maybe?

Also, about the tails that got discolored, they were a bit frizzy as well, this might be a good excuse to give them new tails all together since they are in excellent shape otherwise.

tafaj

I apologize in advance, I've been out of the pony community for several years.  I have never known anyone that boiled ponies before.  What is the purpose?

AJ

Offline tehrin

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
Haha, thank you for sharing your horror stories with me. It *does* help a little. :)

But I still wonder if you have any good ideas, mostly when it comes to Sparkler. I really like her and want her head to match her body. Could I dye her head back to the same shade as her body with rit dye maybe?

Also, about the tails that got discolored, they were a bit frizzy as well, this might be a good excuse to give them new tails all together since they are in excellent shape otherwise.

Unfortunately dying the head will only result in making the head a darker shade of blue (with maybe a hint of green present). There's not really much you can do to remove the color entirely. If it's seeped into the plastic, which I'm sure it has due to the boiling water, there's really nothing that can remove it. The only option I can think of is to sunfade the head and body to white as much as possible, remove all the hair, and then dye it. But it's really a lot of trouble and time to save a pony which is fairly common and fairly inexpensive, unless there's a deep sentimental reason why you want to keep her (she was a gift, a childhood pony, your first pony, etc). I'd probably just buy a new one, and then customize it. :)

As for the tails, I'd just give them new tails. That'd be the easiest route to go. I'm not sure if soaking in 90% rubbing alcohol will do anything, but I use that on wigs to remove/lighten custom dye jobs on them with sharpies or ink.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

(also click for my sales here. :3)

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
I sure can be a bit daft sometimes. I remember reading about Surprises wonderfully chartreuse mane discoloring everything else when boiling but somehow I managed to forget that the other day.

Eeep.  Don't feel bad, I had never heard that myself!  I hope somebody here has a miracle cure to help you out :hug:

Offline OctoberFlash

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I like to eat things and brush ponies!
    • View Profile
Oh, dear! That sounds like no fun. D:

I once baked a G3.5 styling pony. I had reshaped her mouth, so I put her on the pan with her head upside down. Now the top of her head is flat... oops. >>;
Click here for my wishlist!

Every puzzle has an answer :)

MissDeliana

Tehrin: Thanks for the input! I know you're right, I'm just a bit stubborn and annoyed at myself for making such an obvious mistake, hehe. I needed to hear it from someone else. ;)

Octorberflash: Awwww ;_; Poor thing.

Kiwimlp: Thank you. :)

Offline Tinker

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Bwahahahahaha
    • View Profile
Hmm... have you tried a dye/stain remover? I can't imagine it will make it any worse... right?

MissDeliana

Tafaj: There's a couple of reasons. 1) To get rid of mold and bacteria, so for cleaning purposes. 2)To make them soft enough to bend back into shape if they for example have been stored in a way that made them get misshaped.

Hmm... have you tried a dye/stain remover? I can't imagine it will make it any worse... right?

Oh yeah. I tried everything. Like Tehrin said: the boiling made sure that the color seeped into the plastic and it isn't going anywhere. But it's allright, now I have a pony to use for a custom project I've been wanting to do for a while. :D

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
I would try soaking them in a bleach mixture overnight!

Bleach has helped me lighten ponies that came out too dark.

I hope it helps you!

MissDeliana

I would try soaking them in a bleach mixture overnight!

Bleach has helped me lighten ponies that came out too dark.

I hope it helps you!

Lightening them isn't an issue, I got that part covered. But they aren't too dark, they are too green. ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal