collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Dream Challenge - Next WIP May 3rd!  (Read 16624 times)

creampuf

• Trade Count: (0)
Dream Challenge - Next WIP May 3rd!
« on: January 17, 2012, 08:02:07 AM »
I know the original thread should be coming here soon (cause our mods rock so hard) but I wanted to start something small just to keep the discussion and fun alive.

How is everyone doing? does anyone need help, advice, hugs?

Reminder Feb. 3rd is the next WIP date.

(Mods feel free to delete this topic when the old thread comes back)

From old thread:

This is not a swap! This is a challenge!
The difference: you are only making a custom for yourself and sharing your progress and results to the community.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What’s the Dream Challenge?
The dream challenge is where we finally set the time; away from everything else to finally work on a custom that we have dreamt about for years/months/weeks/days.
That’s it; this challenge is a personal promise to yourself to make a custom that screams your dreams.Those who sign up are strongly encouraged to post a monthly/weekly/daily/whatever your schedule lets you, WIP of your dream pony.
Those who sign up should be willing to ask questions, give feedback, offer encouragement, work hard, maybe write a tutorial and have fun! This should be a nice exercise in doing some personal work and expanding our boundaries as artists.
You have one year to complete your dream custom.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well for everyone who said yes or maybe and even those who said no that we can persuade:
It's Game On!
Let's go ahead and get some confirmed sign-ups!
Dreamers:1.   creampuf
2.   ambar_jul
3.   wiccanpony1
4.   Lucky4leafclover
5.   banditpony
6.   NoDivision
7.   JoshsPonyPrincess
8.   c.love.r
9.   BlackCurtains
10.   Eviecorn
11.   WeepingPiano
12.   Malancaiwen
13.   SailorEarth
14.   NichiTsukinoko
15.   nichole0059
16.   puuush
17.   CherryCake
18. Dante
19. Hindsight
20. MrsEmbers
21. Morosan
22. bugle
23. DevilSmooch
24. lovelauraland
25. Darkhorse
26. Moonflower473
27. miss_tuneful
28. Refrain
29. Tinker
30. LilSpark
31. Alexia
32. Princess-Sparkles
33. Lunamoth
34. murbella64
35. DaffyDilly
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Deadlines:
Design: 12/1 Please try to sketch or pull together a group of inspirational images for at least some element of the design...the cutie mark, eyes, feathers...etc. Better if you can doodle the whole thing. There is line art in the arena coloring book you can easily print and doodle.
Include what bait you'd like and hair colors.
Also include if you have any "weaknesses" and need some help. Between all of us we can reverse engineer anything and have a clue on how to get it done!
WIPs are due on the 3rd of each month starting January (around there give or take) You can post as often as you want but you really should post once a month. You gotta keep on it!
Dream Finished/Challenge Complete: 12/25/12 - That's right...Holiday season....you really should wrap her up and give her to yourself for a holiday gift...you have earned her ^_^
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FAQ:
Can I make more than 1? Yes...but you have to finish one by or before the deadline.
Can I finish early? Yes...the deadline is just a goal for us slow people. If you can get your's done faster then go ahead.
Seriously do the deadlines mean anything? With any major project breaking it down to small obtainable goals is key to getting it finished. Deadlines also give us target dates, which people are likely to pay attention to.
Can I quit? It's your pony...however don't be surprised to get a PM from me asking you what's up and if I can help.
I don't have X supply can we trade? Feel free to post supply needs and trade options on the thread (within Arena Rules). We are all striving for a dream pony here so it's a good thing to help out.
Do I have to be active in the thread? You really should be, if anything to answer questions or share insight and definately share progress.
I'm nervous about sharing WIPs, cause I think people will not like them. What then? Do NOT EVER be afraid to show us your work. Constructive conversations help us as artists and rude people wont' be tolerated. However if you are deathly afraid you can PM me your WIP.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 09:19:36 AM by creampuf »

Offline Tinker

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Bwahahahahaha
    • View Profile
Re: Dream Challenge - How ya doing?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 09:16:42 AM »
What's with all the crickets?  :P

I only just got back home and settled. To be honest I've been focusing on my other swap projects lately, so the Automata Pony is still a pile of sticks and tape. I need to sun fade my Persona bait, she's a lil too dark. (need sun plz) :work:

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 02:21:44 PM »
I need longer pliers to finish getting the hair out of SS Pinkie.  I've never worked with a styling sized G3 before.  DX. The rest is primed and ready for sculpting and hole-making!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

creampuf

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 05:39:18 AM »
Hemostats work nicely with the SS ponies but you'll want to boil the head a bit first as that glue is just a nightmare and the harder plastic makes it hard to work with.

Just got my crystals in for my dark peacock queen and should be getting some more sculpting done this weekend! So watch out WIP coming soon!

Offline Lucky4leafclover

• Trade Count: (+129)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Night gathers, and now my watch begins.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.etsy.com/shop/LittleLuckyClover
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 06:29:59 AM »
I admit I got REALLY far behind. As a matter of fact, I may have changed my mind completely about what I am doing...But, for now I am still on for the whole Native American tribal Princess. We shall see how it comes out. I am sorry I don't have any WIP to show off yet.

Offline Alexia

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://easternsunsetcreations.webs.com/
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 11:39:02 AM »
I still haven't managed to get any work done yet!  The legless man and headless pony are starting to get a little disturbing to look at LOL

Offline SailorEarth

• Xena: Warrior Pony
  • Trade Count: (+165)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I have many skills
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cosplaycassie.com
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 12:32:48 PM »
The only thing I've done is to airbrush her again in a brighter white. I got her hair in the mail and I have my sculpting supplies but I haven't started on her yet. Right at the moment I'm working on a custom for someone else on a deadline so that one has to come first. I'll do my best to get her rehaired asap!

Wish List~Pony Sales
Thanks Lina & Rainbowjuice for my adoptables!

creampuf

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 12:36:13 PM »
Reminder we have until the holidays to finish...so don't' worry about not getting much done ^_^

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 02:55:53 PM »
My partially deflocked bait is out on my desk - does that count?  :lol:

I have some swap customs to get on with too so it might have to stay on the back burner for a little while.

Offline Morosan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://morosan2007.deviantart.com/
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 12:27:27 PM »
I'll bump this a little as well as to announce that I haven't gotten anywhere really on my ponies... *hides*
lucky we have until next x-mas! haha.

I've managed to chop of a bunch of wings though.... now i gotta figure out how to just roughly close the massive holes in their backs. Doh... i think I need to purchase some wire frame and some more apoxie sculpt. :)

right now i'm a little busy with work and a few other customs. MAking one for a lovely woman at my work who's quiting. gonnamiss her loads. and then im finishing up a few WIPs. :)

Thank you Amenoo for my beautiful  avi.

Offline JoshsPonyPrincess

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2012, 12:54:45 PM »
Its going slow but it is getting there - I have so many projects that require sculpting that I have not actively picked her up and worked on her solo but have been taking left over apoxie and adding to her sculpt that way :)

creampuf

Re: Dream Challenge - Next WIP Feb. 3rd!
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2012, 11:29:29 AM »
Feb 3rd next WIP!

How is it going?

Offline Ambar

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2012, 09:49:33 PM »
owwww i always forget the WIP
anyway, for my boy:
tail sculpted
half of wings sculpted too
what i need?:
rehair (waiting for hair)
sculpt warrior's clothes
and of course the paint :) i can´t post pics, this guy will be for someone in a private swap :)

Offline LilSpark

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Taste the Rainbow!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2012, 01:54:59 AM »
I'm waiting for a Styling Rarity in the mail, I need her head for my custom  ^.^

Offline lovelauraland

• Trade Count: (+127)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lovelauraland.com
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2012, 04:58:57 AM »
no! :P
i'm so anoyed with myself, just don't have the time :(
I will try and work on the hair curling for my merpony this weekend between commissions.
However I also have 3 little baby star ponies that I might be able to finish as well, they each have a little rabbit friend in matching colours :D
I will post pics if I get them complete!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal